Sponsored

Turbo Blow Off Valve Adapter - yes / no?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Those adapters sound like the air off those bus drivers. Get a real bov if that’s what you want

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
For stock car, I think its called boomba, they make electronic one, it uses oem electronics to open and close.
mechanical is Tial or HKS, but you will need a new charge pipe to use it.

an adapter, is no different really than just unplugging hose, so it will always be making noise pretty much always. I read within a week a lot of people take off adapters, they end up hating them, always making noises while driving, and randomly purging exhaust on highway etc because eco just do this but its usually quiet in airbox in normal recirculating operation. some people love adapters.

but id recommend mechanical or electronic one, not just an adapter.

here's my HKS on cold charge pipe

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
boombas bov electronic

https://www.boombaracing.com/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-boost-operated-blow-off-valve/

vs their adapter

https://www.boombaracing.com/ford-ecoboost-blow-off-valve-adapter-bova-v1/

apparently there's an adjustable one too. few bucks more. id prob stick with non adjustable, unless you need the adjustability for some reason. just means one more thing you have to adjust/set

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.17.30 PM.png

my bov is cold side charge pipe (cpe) and HKS. I got the pipe/hks bov for 500 shipped from a distributer,. isn't cheap, but I like it.

https://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3l-turbo-exhale-hks-bov-kit/

Timmonsxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost premium
I'm using a Steeda BOV adapter. It was pretty cheap. Like 60$ and I've had a ton of compliments on it. I considered going a "real" bov but for 150-200$ I feel like it wasn't worth it. I'm really satisfied with my bov adapter. I can post a sound clip later if you wanna hear it. Or just google it. You may find a sound clip.

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I went with a mechanical one. The TurboSmart BOV. Only loud when it does it's job. Still not as loud as the adapters I've heard. Doesn't appear to leak either. But they're not cheap.

Sponsored

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I unknowingly bought my car with the Boomba BOV Adaptor (brought it in from out of state). Because it sounds like just a release of air (like an air gun, not the shrill whistling sound typically associated with a BOV) I actually thought it was some other air being released. Then I noticed the blue BOV adaptor and it made a lot more sense. The frequency of release could be annoying to some as sometimes it will release back to back in bursts on the quick A10 shifts, but the sound its self isn't too annoying so I will probably keep it. Now I am wondering what else the previous owner did to the car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
550 in classified section, hks lol. It’s expensive but it’s super nice. The cold pipe + hks is 624 before tax.
Cold pipe is another 226 and other misc pieces I’m including
830037B1-E7FD-4A3E-AD94-E6BD806EF1F0.jpeg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
In classifieds there’s a video too I just took. You don’t get the Ramdom purges on highway either

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
The factory diverter valve is a "real" blow off valve, not really sure what the logic behind saying it's not is. It just "blows off" right back into your intake stream from the factory. If you want to hear it rather than let it recirculate, you can disconnect the recirculation hose and cap the hole in charge pipe for free if you have the right size cap laying around. Or you can pay $60ish for a machined spacer that will accomplish the same thing.

My car also had one when I bought it used. Thought I would leave it, but hearing it every day would get really old and the car isn't really fast enough to back up the attention it would bring.
Sponsored