bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Base GTPP is $35,790. 1SS is $37,295. Difference of $1,505. Not $4,500.
This is where people are screwing up. Don't start with a GTPP. Get the base model and ad 4 grand worth of suspension. That'll be a pretty stout handling car.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
This is where people are screwing up. Don't start with a GTPP. Get the base model and ad 4 grand worth of suspension. That'll be a pretty stout handling car.
Hell yeah it would be. $4k worth of suspension mods would have that thing riding on rails.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I think the gtpp is kind of a rip off package. You get a lot of stuff on the car for the money. But the tires still suck, they arent wide enough, the strut bar is a joke, the wheels are heavy as an anchor and the struts and the spring rate are not optimized for the best handling. Its a big ass package of compromise. I strongly dislike the small performance increase it offers. Base gt is where its at.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't have an issue with the PP package for the money. As long as you have no delusions that it's enough to be competitive with the other guys. The tires suck. The wheels are heavy as hell. If I'm building a car for the twisties. I'm doing coilovers. Cup tires and light weight forged wheels. That should put me at about PPGT money.

Sponsored

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
I think I am the one shopping in this exact segment. I am a 20-year-old university student and I am trying to buy my first vehicle on my own. With 10000 in my bank and a 1200/month job I am looking for a 20-30k vehicle. Have looked at used chrysler 300s, charger, new challenger, camaros and mustangs. The market in my place(Canada , BC) is not that big so used 300s and charger cost 30k ish, challengers cost 35k ish so they were ditched.

Since the mustang have been refreshed in late 2015 I have been waiting for the new camaro to come out and see if it is gonna work for me. There is no doubt that the camaro has a stiffer/more track-orienated chasis and is better performance-wise. But for my price range, I am looking for a cool-looking crusier with some praticality as it is gonna be my only vehicle. With incentives the mustang v6 here cost 25k tax included while a base camaro cost 30k without tax. Also, if I spend 30k on my car, I 'd rather spend 2k on a set of wheels, 1k for some cosmetic updates to make it unique and save the rest.

In all, with the price range, mustang V6 is the best choice for me (cool looking crusier), and I will be getting that hopefully in April as my 20th birthday gift for myself :)

bballr4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
I think I am the one shopping in this exact segment. I am a 20-year-old university student and I am trying to buy my first vehicle on my own. With 10000 in my bank and a 1200/month job I am looking for a 20-30k vehicle. Have looked at used chrysler 300s, charger, new challenger, camaros and mustangs. The market in my place(Canada , BC) is not that big so used 300s and charger cost 30k ish, challengers cost 35k ish so they were ditched.

Since the mustang have been refreshed in late 2015 I have been waiting for the new camaro to come out and see if it is gonna work for me. There is no doubt that the camaro has a stiffer/more track-orienated chasis and is better performance-wise. But for my price range, I am looking for a cool-looking crusier with some praticality as it is gonna be my only vehicle. With incentives the mustang v6 here cost 25k tax included while a base camaro cost 30k without tax. Also, if I spend 30k on my car, I 'd rather spend 2k on a set of wheels, 1k for some cosmetic updates to make it unique and save the rest.

In all, with the price range, mustang V6 is the best choice for me (cool looking crusier), and I will be getting that hopefully in April as my 20th birthday gift for myself :)
Nope. MSRP on a base 2.0T M6 is $26,695. My dealer knocked $1400 off the price of a V6 when I checked pricing just a month ago.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro

Do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up into car payments while in college. Especially with 1200 per month income. I am not in any way trying to put you down but trying to help. I apologize if I sound like an ass. :cheers:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I don't have an issue with the PP package for the money. As long as you have no delusions that it's enough to be competitive with the other guys. The tires suck. The wheels are heavy as hell. If I'm building a car for the twisties. I'm doing coilovers. Cup tires and light weight forged wheels. That should put me at about PPGT money.
People say the brakes alone are worth it. I have never looked into upgraded brakes so I cannot say if they are right. I just know that is the biggest justification I see.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Do yourself a favor and don't get wrapped up into car payments while in college. Especially with 1200 per month income. I am not in any way trying to put you down but trying to help. I apologize if I sound like an ass. :cheers:
This. Sorry but 1,200 bucks a month is not enough to buy a new car in College.

Sponsored

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
The case is that my parents pay for all of my expenses at the moment and they are happy to give me 30k to buy a brand new vehicle. It's just that I feel like my hobby should be supported by myself instead of my parents so i am gonna use the money I saved up as down payment (10k) and use 4 years to pay for the rest. Its not a burden for me as all of my salary is just there to pay for gas, insurance and my car.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
The case is that my parents pay for all of my expenses at the moment and they are happy to give me 30k to buy a brand new vehicle. It's just that I feel like my hobby should be supported by myself instead of my parents so i am gonna use the money I saved up as down payment (10k) and use 4 years to pay for the rest. Its not a burden for me as all of my salary is just there to pay for gas, insurance and my car.

Hmm. I mean in that case I personally would probably buy it. But I'm full of bad advice. Lol.

Sounds like a pretty kick ass deal though.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I like that you want to support yourself. Awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored