Sponsored

Tunnel/ bridge music

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I’m past 50 and still act like a kid sometimes haha. Every time I drive through a tunnel or under a bridge, I open the windows and give it a boot full in a low gear.
That sound is just glorious !!
There was a thread asking which song is best. I reckon it’s the tunnel homemade exhaust song !
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
OP, likewise! I live outside Washington DC and every chance I get to drive into the city, I end up hitting a couple of tunnels. The exhaust goes into Track Mode and windows down and nothing but a beautiful symphony follows after that !

Sponsored

user727

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
OP, likewise! I live outside Washington DC and every chance I get to drive into the city, I end up hitting a couple of tunnels. The exhaust goes into Track Mode and windows down and nothing but a beautiful symphony follows after that !
Stay out of DC. Get car jacked, car jackers/murderers go free...

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The classic WOT playlist

Track 1: Window down 0:00
Track 2: WOT 0:01
Track 3: Upshift 0:03
Track 4: WOT again 0:04
Track 5: Decel 0:10
Track 6: Normal driving to avoid suspicion

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m past 50 and still act like a kid sometimes haha. Every time I drive through a tunnel or under a bridge, I open the windows and give it a boot full in a low gear.
That sound is just glorious !!
There was a thread asking which song is best. I reckon it’s the tunnel homemade exhaust song !
You're lucky to have a lot of tunnels over there. And some roads to die for. I can't think of a better place to drive a Mustang than Italy. :inlove:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We have a really good local tunnel here in southern Utah. It's over a mile and a half long and it's only two lanes wide with a very short ceiling, with windows carved out of the rock. Man it was glorious letting my car sing. My GF was measuring 95DB on her apple watch lmao

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Does it sound as glorious in any mode (apart from Quiet, obviously), or do you have to be in Track for a full experience?

OP
OP
Veteran

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Does it sound as glorious in any mode (apart from Quiet, obviously), or do you have to be in Track for a full experience?
Its a ritual. See tunnel/bridge.. stereo off...windows open .... definitely exhaust in track.....SMILE
its the small things in life that make all the difference.

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
You're lucky to have a lot of tunnels over there. And some roads to die for. I can't think of a better place to drive a Mustang than Italy. :inlove:
Romania is awesome as well.

Transfagarasan :clap:
Transalpina :rockon:
Transrarau :like:

And you have/had the Mustang Fest in Sinaia :fistbump:

Jörg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Those are beautiful roads, indeed (too bad that the Transfăgărășan has become a victim of its own success and is now just a perpetual traffic jam). But sadly, the rest of our road network is nothing to write home about.
I love driving through Austria and Germany. Back when the world was normal I used to travel to Munich quite frequently for work - our client is there - and sometimes I would drive my own car instead of flying, just for the sake of the drive. I loved it. Those long drives on Austrian and German motorways, then parking in the underground garage at Marriott and enjoying one of their awesome burgers for dinner, are my most precious memories from that lost world. That, and the coffee I used to enjoy in the mornings while chit-chatting with my German colleagues. It just doesn't taste the same at home.
Austria and Bavaria used to be also our favourite holiday destinations. I have relatives near Munich. Sometimes I close my eyes and see myself driving on the motorway, then on the road to their village, then parking in front of their house... I miss this dearly.
But my idea of a driving heaven is still Italy. I can't forget how I drove from Italy to Austria and, once over the border, I became instantly aware that my car had a suspension. Not to mention that I entered a tunnel in Italy on a sunny summer day at 30 °C, and came out on the other side in Austria in a massively heavy rain at 15 °C. :cwl:
Sponsored

Last edited: