Tuning device RTD, UCal, SCT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If the Ngauge is married to a car you will not be able to un-marry it.

Used to you would have to have emotion, the manufacturer unlock it but they are no longer in business.

If it is a Lund N gauge I'd call Lund and ask if he can unlock it before I spent any money on one.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The best value in a pro tuner is 5 star.

SilverStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Mustang GT PP 6MT
Wow I just looked at there site, you aren't kidding. I didn't see a flex option though. Are they any good with tuning the coyote? I know the f150 uses the coyote engine as well, I've seen them on tfl truck videos but don't know too much about them.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I know the f150 uses the coyote engine as well, I've seen them on tfl truck videos but don't know too much about them.
They have been around a long time. All the tuners do the same things.

SilverStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Mustang GT PP 6MT
All the tuners do the same things.
Eh maybe to a certain extent, had a lund flex/e85 tune ran good dialed both tunes within 3 datalogs. Kept hearing good things of a tuner from the west coast that deals with just sct products, gave him a shot. He couldn't dial in my flex tune claiming false knock, which was not the case. Then claiming past tuner dialed back knock sensors which was false. When I questioned why my e85 from him didn't have a problem like the flex he had no response...

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Which do you prefer and why? About to pull trigger on Flex tune and only want to purchase the best device. AED prefers SCT, Wengerd RTD and not sure what the other big name tuners prefer.
Shaun at AED provides great service and the performance is outstanding. Used a BDX with him.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Shaun at AED provides great service and the performance is outstanding. Used a BDX with him.
There will always be people who have good and bad experiences with any company, unfortunately mine was not good with AED.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I never used them, but I know the truck review guys on facebook like them and use them all of the time. They seems to be pretty good with the Ecoboost which I guess doesn't help the 5.0 thread. lol

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
If the Ngauge is married to a car you will not be able to un-marry it.

Used to you would have to have emotion, the manufacturer unlock it but they are no longer in business.

If it is a Lund N gauge I'd call Lund and ask if he can unlock it before I spent any money on one.
Iā€™m pretty sure the guy offering the Ngauge for sale and the guy asking if he still has it are both scammers. Both literally just joined and one has 1 post and the other has 2 posts.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
They tune Coyote's too. They tuned one of my f 150's but we could never get together on the trans tune. The engine tune was great.

It was my fault as much as there's if it were today, I'd just tell them to only tune the upshift schedule and leave the downshift timing and firmness alone.

Which is one reason I like in person tunes the best I can show the tuner what I don't like instead of trying to convey it over E mail, or phone. I will say they never quit trying even after a few months and I lost count of revisions. I finally just let it go, I didn't want to be the perpetual thorn.

YMMV

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m pretty sure the guy offering the Ngauge for sale and the guy asking if he still has it are both scammers. Both literally just joined and one has 1 post and the other has 2 posts.
Yah, be careful. I had 2 like that when I posted a WTB for an ngauge.
Sponsored