K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There are 2 points to that post I made.

1, a commercial airliner flying for 4 hours uses as much fuel as a 20 MPG car does in 60,000 miles. Jets may be cleaner than they were they still are much worse than a car with cats and worse than a car with no cats.

2, with the fuel consumption rate of jet airplanes, airlines are ordering new planes 10 and more years out, we are nowhere near running out of oil.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
The perfect solution. Porsche carbon neutral fuel and no cats!

Then everyone is happy, except maybe your wallet lol. Can't please everyone. It's impossible.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
There are 2 points to that post I made.

1, a commercial airliner flying for 4 hours uses as much fuel as a 20 MPG car does in 60,000 miles. Jets may be cleaner than they were they still are much worse than a car with cats and worse than a car with no cats.
This is a false equivalency that completely neglects carrying capacity of the vehicle.

Let's assume 4 passengers in the car for 60k miles, that's 240,000 person-miles traveled (60k*4).

Now compare that to a 737-900 (I didn't even use the more efficient MAX), while it has a carrying capacity of 189 passengers, just for arguments sake let's say it's 170 with a cruising speed of 575mph.

After 4 hours you've covered 2300 miles (575 * 4). Now multiply that by 170 passengers and 391,000 person miles transported with the same amount of fuel.

Another "catless cowboys" argument falls on its face.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am very much against government intervention. At the same time, we are stuck with excesses in regulation. I am a believer that supercharged and turbo cars are the future of modding for horsepower. Putting big cams, headers, aggressive tunes on will often be the EPAs issue, they aren't DOT. We KNOW for sure that 700+ HP is attainable with correct tunes on FI cars.

Keep your stock exhaust on and get FI'd and a moderate 91 tune. The rest of the extreme HP guys should consider your cars OFF ROAD ONLY. Then, everyone is happy. Just trailer your car to the track. Remember according to the federal government if you mod and the car doesn't make the EPAs regs, YOU are the lawbreaker.

This is why I tell everyone that votes, beware voting for a regulator/control type person because one day it will affect you personally.

Sponsored

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
I donā€™t understand why Toyota and Fords Powerboost hybrid designs (Iā€™m sure there are other manufacturers) and other similar technology is not the next wave of the near future.
What is up with the complete jump to all electric when the U.S. infrastructure doesnā€™t even exist.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Another "catless cowboys" argument falls on its face.
Ahhh you like math. Here's some math for you:

Passenger Jet: 115 g per passenger km (2020 study)
Cars: 120 g per car km (2017 study)
US Commercial flight carriers are currently conducting about 6000 passenger flights daily.
Average domestic flight is about 875 miles
115 million cars and trucks
hitting American streets every day
Average commute: 25 miles

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You can argue passenger mpg all you want, fact is that airliner is sucking down 750 gallons of fuel every hour.

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
Interesting stuff. Had no idea Canada lacked emission tests. Anyone know about Mexico? We the only ones on the continent?

OP
OP

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Interesting stuff. Had no idea Canada lacked emission tests. Anyone know about Mexico? We the only ones on the continent?

That's Interesting that Canada don't have emissions testing. I figured they'd be more strict than us I wonder how there gun laws arešŸ¤”. might have to look deeper in to this if things here in the US keep going the way there going. As far as Mexico I doubt they have emissions if they do its very little. companies move down there not only for lower wages but almost non existent emission regulation.

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
That's Interesting that Canada don't have emissions testing. I figured they'd be more strict than us I wonder how there gun laws arešŸ¤”. might have to look deeper in to this if things here in the US keep going the way there going. As far as Mexico I doubt they have emissions if they do its very little. companies move down there not only for lower wages but almost non existent emission regulation.
We did for a time here in Ontario - it started as tail pipe/dyno tests, eventually was reduced to OBDII testing and then was scrapped altogether a few years ago. One of the arguments for cancelling it was at the end of the program, the failure rate was almost nil.

Gun laws, completely different up here. Mexico is a better option.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mexico
In 1971, Article 10 of the present Constitution was changed[12] to limit the right to keep arms within the home only (in Spanish: ...derecho a poseer armas en su domicilio...) and reserved the right to bear arms outside the home only to those explicitly authorized by law (i.e. police, military, armed security officers). The following year, the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives came into force[13] and gave the federal government complete jurisdiction and control to the legal proliferation of firearms in the country; at the same time, heavily limiting and restricting the legal access to firearms by civilians.

As a result of the changes to Article 10 of the Mexican Constitution and the enactment of the Federal Law of Firearms and Explosives, openly carrying a firearm or carrying a concealed weapon in public is virtually forbidden to private citizens, unless explicitly authorized by the Secretariat of National Defense (SEDENA). For purposes of personal protection, firearms are only permitted within the place of residence and of the type and caliber permitted by law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_Mexico

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
at the same time, heavily limiting and restricting the legal access to firearms by civilians.
And it's been working fantastic. The cartels are printing 3D guns in desperation, or using 1800yr old thin metal technology (knives) or "strong words" to keep order and maintain personal security.

/sarcasm

But as it relates to Tuning and govt regulatory overreach in the abstract, I'll just parrot

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
~Edward R. Murrow

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
With the efficiency of modern day cats like GESI, there really is no horsepower loss. The only reason I see for not having cats is if you are drag racing on a regular basis using a 2 step. 2 steps will take out cats in very short order!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.