Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I think in the West it is more than good enough already. And those places in the world where it isn't good enough won't be changed in the least by our relentless fight against cars and motorists. Fifty million EVs in the UK won't improve the air in Delhi.
That doesn't appear to be the case though as the inquest in London confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55330945

It isn't just cars and motorists - there are many facets to the desired reduction in pollution of many different types. My point, that some seem to struggle with, is that cars and motorists are a part of that problem, not all of it, not a ban on all road traffic (or air travel that was proposed many pages ago) but sensible steps to improve the environment for now and the future in the same way we banned burning coal, took lead out of fuel and banned DDT.

China is the biggest market for EV's currently as they attempt to get on top of their city pollution.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
but sensible steps to improve the environment for now and the future
Right. I'm with you on that. But what exactly is 'sensible'?
To me, imposing the use of catalytic converters was a sensible step. Forbidding the sale of new IC vehicles and forcing everybody to switch to EVs is not.
To the followers of that insane Swedish girl, banning any kind of self-propelled vehicle right now and forcing the humanity to go back to Stone Age would be a perfectly sensible step.
So, who gets to define what 'sensible' means? Obviously, not rational people, if the recent developments are anything to go by.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I would go easy on her, I would even pity her, if she were in an asylum, where she belongs.
As it is, she's too dangerous for me to feel anything but hatred and contempt for her. :blush:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To me, imposing the use of catalytic converters was a sensible step. Forbidding the sale of new IC vehicles and forcing everybody to switch to EVs is not.
To the followers of that insane Swedish girl, banning any kind of self-propelled vehicle right now and forcing the humanity to go back to Stone Age would be a perfectly sensible step.
So, who gets to define what 'sensible' means? Obviously, not rational people, if the recent developments are anything to go by.
Sensibility is lost, much like our ability to function independent of the monster civilization we've created. The problem is that it's always been an experiment, and we're hitting too many crossroads at once. Most of them lead to annihilation. Climate is the least of our problems, IMO. Although the extra political instability from all the "climate refugees" will be nice.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I should emphasise that in no way am I aligned with 'that Swedish girl' or most of her ideas !

Sensible steps to reduce PM10 and PM2.5, NOx and greenhouse gasses. Do they need deciding - pretty sure everybody is aware just how bad they all are in their own ways.

The ICE / EV thing is what it is in Europe, but we now have a PHEV Kuga and drove into our local city and back on pure electric charged from our solar PV at home. That materially reduces the pollution we produced on that journey into our local city. Yes, there is no point doing that if the pollution is just produced elsewhere, but in our case it wasn't. 10 years ago that was not really possible.

I tried to make the point about incremental gains earlier in the thread, that each of us should do our little bit to help which adds up to a larger impact. It was obviously just shot down by some on here who have their own agenda, but that is exactly how these things work. Sometimes by encouragement, sometimes by law.

The hardest changes to achieve are those where people think they will lose out or be forced to do something. We have banned the burning of coal in the UK in domestic fires, most people worked out that was a good thing to do a while ago and switched to alternatives, but some will never change until forced too, which has now happened in law.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I would go easy on her, I would even pity her, if she were in an asylum, where she belongs.
As it is, she's too dangerous for me to feel anything but hatred and contempt for her. :blush:
Who does she actually represent other than herself (and her parents) ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Sensibility is lost, much like our ability to function independent of the monster civilization we've created. The problem is that it's always been an experiment, and we're hitting too many crossroads at once. Most of them lead to annihilation. Climate is the least of our problems, IMO. Although the extra political instability from all the "climate refugees" will be nice.
Cheer up - could be worse !

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cheer up - could be worse !
Oh it will be, for the future generations at least. I'm enjoying life, burning copious amounts of petrol in my modern marvel of a vehicle, and eating all the delicious hamburgers my arteries can stand.

I suspect the first thing to personally effect me will be the drought in the US West. It's already looking to be another bleak water year. Exceptional drought labels on most of the counties here.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Oh it will be, for the future generations at least. I'm enjoying life, burning copious amounts of petrol in my modern marvel of a vehicle, and eating all the delicious hamburgers my arteries can stand.

I suspect the first thing to personally effect me will be the drought in the US West. It's already looking to be another bleak water year. Exceptional drought labels on most of the counties here.
It will be different, but then if you go back 500 years life was pretty grim then. Maybe we are in the purple patch, but who knows it may be better in the future ?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Who does she actually represent other than herself (and her parents) ?
Nobody. But she's got too much traction for my liking.
Hitler was a nobody in his youth. Just a silly, angry loser, barking in taverns. And we've seen what happened when people ignored him. A madman can be very dangerous once he has enough followers.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It will be different, but then if you go back 500 years life was pretty grim then. Maybe we are in the purple patch, but who knows it may be better in the future ?
True, it certainly could be. I just worry more for economic reasons. The barrier to a good living is getting higher and higher these days, and income inequality has skyrocketed, even in just the last 10 years. And it's not just in the US, it's world wide. We'll see if the needed checks and balances can intervene before it's too late.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I think in the West it is more than good enough already. And those places in the world where it isn't good enough won't be changed in the least by our relentless fight against cars and motorists. Fifty million EVs in the UK won't improve the air in Delhi.
Ding.

To get this thing back on track, I've been looking at moving away from nGauge that I have, with the current situation, so likely next week I'm going to get a RTD and tune from @Wengerd Performance .

PBD was another one I looked at among many, but Wengerd has a really good following and great reviews so I figured why not? Quick to respond to email so far as well.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I truly wonder what kind of world we are leaving our grandkids. No cars, no A/C no fridges, huge inflation......

All for some religion called climate change.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.