Sponsored

Tuner can't tune my cai and has given up on me.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno man. But I will say the rtv looks dozen times better
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just did a quick look at your log and you have the wrong tune flashed. It is not for a 120mm MAF.

Maybe email your tuner and tell him you fixed the leak and send this log. He should revise it.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was also wondering if JLT would have offered some assistance if the tube wasnā€™t properly sealed? RTV is fine, but a customer shouldnā€™t have to make a repair like that himself. He says itā€˜s sealed up now though.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I was also wondering if JLT would have offered some assistance if the tube wasnā€™t properly sealed? RTV is fine, but a customer shouldnā€™t have to make a repair like that himself. He says itā€˜s sealed up now though.
I think itā€™s just because I have a 2015 car and it bends the pcv tube a bit. The previous owner had a 2018 and he said it worked great.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
My only other idea is the MAF sensor location on the JLT is causing you to have to stretch the wire to it. There is something wrong with the wire or connector and its not making a good connection.

Theres a spot in the log IAT goes to -40 and period goes to 0us.
Signal has a irratic pattern to it, not turbulent airflow signal.

Its a stretch, but maybe just looseing the MAF connector wire fixes it. Possibly a new MAF sensor as it could be the sensor/ one of its pins having tension on it, not the connector or wire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
My only other idea is the MAF sensor location on the JLT is causing you to have to stretch the wire to it. There is something wrong with the wire or connector and its not making a good connection.

Theres a spot in the log IAT goes to -40 and period goes to 0us.

Its a stretch, but maybe just looseing the MAF connector wire fixes it. Possibly a new MAF sensor as it could be the sensor having tension on it, not the connector or wire.
It has a bit of tension but not enough that makes me concerned about the connection, but Iā€™ll look into the connector.

Also I did try moving the vacuum line to how it would be in the stock intake and it didnā€™t change anything.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It has a bit of tension but not enough that makes me concerned about the connection, but Iā€™ll look into the connector.

Also I did try moving the vacuum line to how it would be in the stock intake and it didnā€™t change anything.
Did you see the post about possible wrong tune issue maf? Iā€™d really ask about it

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If there is still tension on it, go to the auto parts store and get a hose that is the same diameter as the factory hose, remove the fittings from the factory hose and install them in the new hose (make it slightly longer). That should remove the tension and make it fit perfectly.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
These push fittings don't seal well with tension on them.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Did you see the post about possible wrong tune issue maf? Iā€™d really ask about it
No I havenā€™t seen it. Do you mind linking it or if you remember the title I can try to search it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
If there is still tension on it, go to the auto parts store and get a hose that is the same diameter as the factory hose, remove the fittings from the factory hose and install them in the new hose (make it slightly longer). That should remove the tension and make it fit perfectly.
I donā€™t think I understand, a little confused on why I need a hose for the maf sensor connector. Could you try to explain a little differently maybe?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just did a quick look at your log and you have the wrong tune flashed. It is not for a 120mm MAF.

Maybe email your tuner and tell him you fixed the leak and send this log. He should revise it.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium

Tuner said itā€™s for 120mm and itā€™s still an issue on my end. Maybe Iā€™ll try pressurizing the whole vacuum system, got to look to see if that even makes sense.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Oh this, ya I did ask. Tuner said itā€™s the right tune.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Tuner said itā€™s for 120mm and itā€™s still an issue on my end. Maybe Iā€™ll try pressurizing the whole vacuum system, got to look to see if that even makes sense.
not gonna lie homie.
I spent like 300 on a CPE intake system for my EcoBoost, noticed my performance was worst, went back to OEM with high flow filter,

FAR superior. now this isn't same car.. but.. I do believe. ford did a excellent job. and if you're having issues with this, I myself would go back to ford w high flow filter.

was way better temps, and just everything.
Sponsored