KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is a lot of things that can affect fuel mileage. Weight, tire pressure, gas quality, gear ratio, etc The 2011 is a lighter car so that helps on mileage some.
That's true

choltzapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
The tune has performed pretty well except I get some bucking right at 3k rpm and light throttle input. PBD keeps saying it's compressor surge, but that's definitely not what's going on. I've sent quite a few logs and still no fix. They've said everything looks great with every log I've sent, and then all of a sudden they're seeing compressor surge in every one. It's a bit confusing and concerning.

They requested another log that I haven't had a chance to record yet. I'm hoping for a solution, but to be honest I'm starting to lose faith a bit.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The tune has performed pretty well except I get some bucking right at 3k rpm and light throttle input. PBD keeps saying it's compressor surge, but that's definitely not what's going on. I've sent quite a few logs and still no fix. They've said everything looks great with every log I've sent, and then all of a sudden they're seeing compressor surge in every one. It's a bit confusing and concerning.

They requested another log that I haven't had a chance to record yet. I'm hoping for a solution, but to be honest I'm starting to lose faith a bit.

That does suck and in all seriousness once I left California -where I made my first review at- to Washington State my tune has kind of sucked. I did stretch the truth staying I lived in Washington at the time of tuning but regardless it bucks like yours at least a few times a day. I also reload tune revisions (had around 8) and nothing; although, resetting the battery has helped but the issues are still there.

I'll more than likely try another tuner once my long tubes and clutch is installed. Not because I no longer dislike PBD but because I want a handheld vs HP Tuners, I don't want to use my laptop everywhere.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I have the 4.75 stock 9 psi pulley but I have longtubes full exhaust. Procharger tech said I would be losing 2-3 psi due to that so abt 6psi I guess. Smh 🤦🏻‍♂️
so you have no responsibility for blowing up your car. Do you have anything to show that the tune was running poorly?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As far as gas mileage that comes with the territory when you install a supercharger. You're literally using engine HP to turn the supercharger which will always be turned since it's on the belt drive. This fact is always shown in the fuel trims.

Turbo is different long as you stay out of boost.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As far as gas mileage that comes with the territory when you install a supercharger. You're literally using engine HP to turn the supercharger which will always be turned since it's on the belt drive. This fact is always shown in the fuel trims.

Turbo is different long as you stay out of boost.
I'm definitely not new to the supercharged world and completely agree with what you're saying. After owning roughly four supercharged Mustang's this one just seems to be the worst; but mileage wise I notice a significant change by switching to PBD from Procharger's canned tune.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm definitely not new to the supercharged world and completely agree with what you're saying. After owning roughly four supercharged Mustang's this one just seems to be the worst; but mileage wise I notice a significant change by switching to PBD from Procharger's canned tune.
Interestingly enough centris supposedly have the lowest amount of drag, I have a PD and get the same or more mpgs.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Hi all,

Orginially I averaged 26-27ish in stock condition @ 70-72mph on a flat road, and with Prochargers tune I did drop roughly 2mpg - with almost exact weather conditions. So to those who say you'd GAIN mpg, I have my suspicions... throttle. With that said, my only issue is the fuel mileage. Still on 91 octane with some booster and now I'm down an addition 2mpg leaving me around 21-23mpg on the freeway

Till next time.
Kenneth K.
If you are going by what the dash says, it will change with virtually every tune you have done.
Reason for that... 1) its just math and 2) its a guess

So lets say the computer looks at airflow, + injector size + stoich fuel ratio + tire size,gear, trans, etc = estimated milage

If you change just (1) of those factors just a little bit (compared to the previous tuner) it will throw the calculation off.

The ONLY wait to really know, is the old fill up and log miles.

Example: I can easily make someones dash read 10+ mpg high, or 10 mpg low from reality. But at the end of the day, the old fill up at the pump and log miles would = the same amount. :)

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Interestingly enough centris supposedly have the lowest amount of drag, I have a PD and get the same or more mpgs.
Send me your file, and I can make it get 20+ more MPG's (at least by what the dash says lol)

However, most supercharged cars will always be the same MPG's as stock, or like 1 or 2 mpg's higher when driven exactly the same as stock. (Due to the pumping losses being reduced, and some other small factors like timing and cam angles since the car doesn't have to "suck" for air anylonger)

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you are going by what the dash says, it will change with virtually every tune you have done.
Reason for that... 1) its just math and 2) its a guess

So lets say the computer looks at airflow, + injector size + stoich fuel ratio + tire size,gear, trans, etc = estimated milage

If you change just (1) of those factors just a little bit (compared to the previous tuner) it will throw the calculation off.

The ONLY wait to really know, is the old fill up and log miles.

Example: I can easily make someones dash read 10+ mpg high, or 10 mpg low from reality. But at the end of the day, the old fill up at the pump and log miles would = the same amount. :)
Very true. To be 100% sure I do need to do the basic math calculations. I'll have to do this.

OP
OP
KKell83

KKell83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Send me your file, and I can make it get 20+ more MPG's (at least by what the dash says lol)

However, most supercharged cars will always be the same MPG's as stock, or like 1 or 2 mpg's higher when driven exactly the same as stock. (Due to the pumping losses being reduced, and some other small factors like timing and cam angles since the car doesn't have to "suck" for air anylonger)
Ha. If you could gain that mileage in the real world (not digitally) you'd be a rich man. 😆

To follow up about mpg, your tune I was around 24mpg, my new tune is 3-4mpg less. Same conditions
Sponsored

Last edited: