Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I have already installed the MBRP Race Catback exhausts and I have ordered the cp-e Delta Core FMIC. As soon as I install the intercooler I will go for an eTune from Adam (I so look forward to it!).

I informed my local dealer, where I will have my new intercooler installed, that I will tune my car and if this will have an impact on my warranty. We had a long discussion. To cut a long story short, he told me that they will get me covered (!), but he advised me to flash the stock tune before taking the car in for service or in case of an engine issue. After flashing the stock tune it would be good to drive the car for a while - I do not know why.

So here is my question: I would also like to install the Tune+ wastegate actuator and the only thing that holds me back is the fact that it needs a tune to operate. As I said I will have my car tuned by Adam in a couple of weeks, but I want to be able to reflash the stock tune anytime I have to. Will the Tune+ wastegate actuator work with the stock tune and, if yes, under what circumstances?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I have already installed the MBRP Race Catback exhausts and I have ordered the cp-e Delta Core FMIC. As soon as I install the intercooler I will go for an eTune from Adam (I so look forward to it!).

I informed my local dealer, where I will have my new intercooler installed, that I will tune my car and if this will have an impact on my warranty. We had a long discussion. To cut a long story short, he told me that they will get me covered (!), but he advised me to flash the stock tune before taking the car in for service or in case of an engine issue. After flashing the stock tune it would be good to drive the car for a while - I do not know why.

So here is my question: I would also like to install the Tune+ wastegate actuator and the only thing that holds me back is the fact that it needs a tune to operate. As I said I will have my car tuned by Adam in a couple of weeks, but I want to be able to reflash the stock tune anytime I have to. Will the Tune+ wastegate actuator work with the stock tune and, if yes, under what circumstances?

You can run the stock tune with our actuator we just don't recommend beating on it until you put the tune back on. The actuator is an easy install so if you are worried about it I would take it off before going into the dealer. They do have a PDF they provide the techs at FORD that show to look for modified wastegate actuators.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Adam. Good to know that there is no need to take it off as long as I take it easy in case I put the stock tune back on.

I will be in touch with you in a couple of weeks, after I have the FMIC installed, in order to get my car tuned. Can't wait!

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Various TUNE+ Products Review

Denso ITV22 (5340) 1-step colder Spark Plugs - Pre-gapped to TUNE+ Spec (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...spark-plugs-pre-gapped-to-tune-specs-set-of-4): They are solid even at 25 PSI of sustained boost. I’m confident that they’ll hold to up the Phoenix summer (high of 110’s during the peak).

TUNE+ Intake Kit (Airaid Inlet Tube) (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...intake-tube-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang-450-930): I only purchased the inlet tube as I already have the Cobb drop in filter and do not have a GT grill. This inlet tube reduced the inlet pressure drop by 0.37 PSI.

AEM Chargepipe Kit (For use with stock BOV/DV+) (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...15-ecoboost-mustang-for-use-with-stock-bov-dv): I went with this kit since I wanted to keep the DV+ upgrade, and also to install WMI nozzle on the cold-side chargepipe instead of behind the TB. It works very well and I felt noticeable turbo lag drop when installing it with the inlet tube mentioned above. My only complaint is the placement of the BOV flange as it requires rerouting of the BOV wiring and air hose.

GoFastBits DV+ BPV Upgrade (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...upgrade-for-2014-fiesta-2015-ecoboost-mustang): Simple to install and a great option if you want to keep the noise down. It seemed to reduce the turbo lag when I combined with the TUNE+ Upgraded Wastegate Actuator mentioned below and DP upgrade.

TUNE+ Upgraded Wastegate Actuator (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...rbo/products/tune-upgraded-wastegate-actuator): Got mine with 14 PSI springs. It is much stiffer than the stock unit, so I'm confident that it will open only when it needs to. Springs are replaceable, so it can be upgraded if I decide to upgrade the turbo later.

TUNE+ Charge Pipe Clamp Upgrade Kit (Constant Tension) (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...it-constant-tension-for-2015-ecoboost-mustang): Good replacement for stock style clamps, especially when running higher than stock boost.

2015+ 2.3L Ecoboost Turbo Mustang E-tune Package (Unlimited + Upgrade) (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...-2-3l-ecoboost-turbo-mustang-e-tuning-package): I thought that Cobb OTS maps were much better than the stock map. Adam’s tune will squeeze more out safely, not to mention that it is customized to make most of upgrades beyond Cobb’s canned stages. I recommend going with the unlimited package since once you are used to the power, you’ll want to add more parts.
TUNE+ Transmission Tuning (https://www.adamtuned.com/collectio...ng-tuning/products/transmission-tuning-add-on): I ended up with automatic transmission as a compromise as my wife doesn’t a stick. Transmission tune made it shift much faster and firmer. I’m now glad that I have an auto since there’s no way I can shift that quick even on my best day.
TUNE+ Methanol Injection Kit: I bought this used as it is no longer sold through TUNE+. I decided to go the WMI route as there are no E85 stations near me and even if there was one, max you can get in AZ now is E54. You can replicate most of the kit by purchasing AEM V2 WMI, a toggle switch, and a rely for failsafe, but best part of the TUNE+ kit are the mounting brackets for the bottle and pump, which allowed me to mount them without drilling. Adam still has his install video up on YouTube. Only thing I did differently is to mount the nozzle on the cold side chargepipe (any leaks will cause the fluid to pool in the intercooler instead of the intake manifold), and installation of the remote LED light so I can monitor the system while on the go.

I got an estimated increase of 30 ft/lb of torque after installing this kit and getting an updated tune. The kit itself can handle more as using one 1000cc nozzle and the pump can handle another nozzle as needed, but at this point, I’m probably near the max for the stock turbo and motor combo. I can easily switch to WMI-less map if I run out of fluid or encounter an error with the system since I’m using the Cobb AP.

I am very satisfied with TUNE+ so far and you probably can guess who I’ll go to for the turbo upgrade. I wish that I discovered it earlier, as it would’ve saved me time and money on my upgrade path.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
10,000 mile update.
Just passed the 10k tuned Mark, and it has run flawlessly.
Pulled the plugs today and found this:

Gaps on 3 had opened to .030, and one was up to .035
Probably should have checked and regapped earlier.
Couldn't be happier with the look of the plugs.
I'm running a 93 octane stage 2 tune.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I just had my car tuned by Adam a couple of days ago and I thought it would be a good idea to put down a few words about my first impressions.

The only mods that I have on my car is the MBRP Race exhaust system and the cp-e DeltaCore intercooler that I installed a couple of weeks a go. Actually, I had COBB Stage I OTS tune for a while before installing the intercooler and the car felt so much more alive, night and day compared to the stock tune.

I decided to buy an e-Tune when I installed the FMIC, as I felt that the car had something more to offer. So this is when my experience with Adam started.

The first thing that I have to say is that Adam is characterized by high professionalism. When he sent me the base tune, I couldn't really feel any difference than before, but as other members of this forum have described, I knew that it was just the BASE tune, that I had to be patient. I sent the first datalog to Adam and he sent me back the first revision in less than 24 hours. I had the first smile on my face after I took my car out for a test drive, in order to prepare another datalog for him. I could already feel the difference.

I continued to send Adam datalogs and I received every revision within 24 hours, each one better than the previous one - each one leading to a more aggressive heartbeat within my chest cavity, as more power was starting to build under the hood of my red pony. It took overall 4 revisions until I received the last one: It felt as if I changed the engine of my car, it was a totally different wild, yet refined, car!

Adam gave me the opportunity to drive an already fantastic car with a great, explosive, new personality! And actually I had the chance to test it yesterday when a BMW X6 M50d (381 hp / 740 Nm, 0-100km/h @ 5.3") started following me, provoking me aggressively for a race. I had no other choice but go for it (I wouldn't step back even with a totally stock car). I had two more people in the car and I say this in order to emphasize the additional weight. So at the next traffic light I decided to see what my car was able for, the amount of power hidden under my hood. Even I was speechless... My car started as a wild horse (the MBRPs were screaming) and the white, black striped, huge, expensive (and in another occasion intimidating) beamer was left at least two cars behind the American Muscle (yes, with Tune+ the EcoBoost is transformed to the real American Muscle!). The red EcoBoost kept pulling and pulling ...and pulling!

Love my new car even more after the transformation. Do not hesitate if you consider improving the performance of your car. Adam did it for me, did it for so many people with an EcoBoost ...he can certainly do it for you too!

Thanks Adam

Last edited:

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
I also have the Tune+ WGA, but I haven't installed it yet because I believe I read a post on this forum, by someone who works for Ford, that said that Ford dealers were informed to look for aftermarket WGAs installed on EBMs, and to use that as a reason for denying a warranty claim. Anyone know anything more about that? Thanks.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I also have the Tune+ WGA, but I haven't installed it yet because I believe I read a post on this forum, by someone who works for Ford, that said that Ford dealers were informed to look for aftermarket WGAs installed on EBMs, and to use that as a reason for denying a warranty claim. Anyone know anything more about that? Thanks.
the last time I went into the dealership to get my windshield wiper fluid hoses fixed I overheard the mechanic talking to his manager saying "he has an aftermarket intercooler on the car" and his manager asked "has he touched the turbo". which I had not at the time. He basically said that as long as I didn't touch the turbo it was alright having the intercooler. None of this had to do with why I was there but still seemed like the mech was trying to void my warranty if something ever did happen. Needless to say I haven't gone back for anything since then but if I have to I will switch out the wastegate and hope they don't notice anything weird like the heat shield being deformed or the bolts being taken off and on.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I guess the best approach would be if Adam could make an improved WGA that looks exactly like the stock one! Adam you would double your sales and we would be even more happy :headbang:

Anyway, it's all about the relationship you have with the dealership. I was 100% upfront with mine, I discussed with the head mechanic and explained him my modifications strategy (which for my needs was simple, but led to a totally different car: race exhausts, a much better FMIC and a more aggressive tune). Not only was he supportive with the changes, he also told me what to do in case I have to take the car to them in case of a failure and that he would not deny warranty.

Now, I hope I will never have to verify if he would honor his words, but I guess that every dealership has a different approach on the issue. Also, I do not live in the US, where things may be a bit different.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
One of the members here posted a link to the pdf of the job aid that Ford uses here. Gas Engine Performance Modifications Job Aid. Short answer, yes, the WGA is listed. They not only look for a change but also look to make sure you didn't try to adjust the pre-load on the stock WGA.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Great info Joe.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
is wga actuator upgrade needed to be tuned for e30?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
is wga actuator upgrade needed to be tuned for e30?
You should ask Tune+. I'm sure he can work with whatever you have, He would just be able to do more with a better WGA.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
yeah emailed him.. sure hes super busy with his new shop .. just eager i suppose i'll wait

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Status
Not open for further replies.