Sponsored

TSW Nurburgring Wheels

NiddyGriddy

Threads
Reaction score
I'm no wheel expert so I'm petitioning you guys for some insight. Don't hold back. Educate me lol.

I was shopping around for inexpensive performance wheels to replace the LE wheels and mount A/S tires. I wasn't looking for anything flashy, I wanted to stay performance oriented but wasn't particularly biased. I found these online:

I bought some used TSW Nurburgring wheels last night. The owner received them along with the car they had purchased and removed the wheels due to tire prices and decided to sell the wheels... thus i bought them. Apperently they were going to be used on a mustang (from what I was told) by the previous owner. (They even had FoMoCo TPM sensors i noticed later). Before i bought them i asked the owner the size and off set information. She couldn't tell me other than 19" so i had her do some crude measurements. Measuring the full width she gave me 10 1/2 rear and 8 1/2 front. To figure out the offset i had her lay a flat object on the back of the wheel and measure from the rear of the lug-nut holes to the flat object, 7 1/4 rear and 6 1/8 front. 7.25 - (10.5/2) = 2 convert to mm = 50.8mm rear. 47.625mm front using the same method. After i've taken them home I see the label on the rim that says 19x8 front and 19.9.5 rear. All the wheels had strange nicks around the edges right up close to where the tire goes. (the tires were just removed before i arrived because I didn't want to pay for tires I couldn't use) and basic surface scratches. One of the rear tires had a crack that was repaired (she even gave me the card of the repairing business), and one of the front wheels has some pretty bad curb rash. She also included the locking lug-nuts and key she had with them.

So my questions are:
1. How do you guys rate these wheels for performance, durability, and quality? TSW Nurburgring Wheels (Gun-Metal Mirror Faced)
2. Should I be worried about the crack in the wheel? (its located inside rear of the wheel)
3. Is the way I calculated the offset good enough? (I didnt see any stickes on the wheel that gave the offset information. Am I possibly over looking it?)
4. Is there a way to restore/repair/polish out the surface scratches? What about the curb rash?
5. How did the nicks along the outside get there? From mounting and dismounting tires? I don't thing it'll show when the tires are on but I'm still curious.
6. Do you guys think the TPM sensors will work with the new car even though it has changed to actually display the pressures and which wheel? Is there any way to check before I mount tires on these wheels and how do I sync it with my car in particular?
7. Overall do you think this was a good buy? I paid $600 and of course I'll still have to buy and mount wheels.

I'll have to add the pictures later. I can't do it at work.
Sponsored

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm thinking about picking up a new set of these. I like them in Gunmetal, think they'll go well with the car.

Sponsored

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Chips around the edge of the lip is most likely from rock chips or mounting.

From our experience, repairs for cracked wheels is usually a temporary solution, they usually re-crack at the same spot if you hit something.

You got the wheels cheap enough that it may make sense to purchase a replacement wheel for the cracked wheel, and use the cracked one for spare.

OP
OP

NiddyGriddy

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

I like your idea GetYourWheels. I think I'll do that.

Keep them coming guys, and thanks again.

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

I like your idea GetYourWheels. I think I'll do that.

Keep them coming guys, and thanks again.
I can get you the spare wheel when you're ready, and we offer free shipping even on single wheels :thumbsup:
Sponsored