Sponsored

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge
@Tomster Were the mirrors you bought on Amazon able to get by the inner part of the oil filler tube, or did you have to remove the long plastic filler cylinder as well. Would rather not remove that if I don't have to/ I have an unfortunate penchant for snapping things off when brute forcing. :curse:
Sponsored

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
@shelbykr Congratulations!! So awesome - my sister car in NZ. send pics of your adventures! JP
@OH3Cobra Thanks John.
Yep... sister car is home. Has been a long 15 month journey.
Vehicle is now on the hoist getting checked over and a clean.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
SMILES per Mile baby! Or in your case Smiles Per Liter.. It drinks so much gas....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster Were the mirrors you bought on Amazon able to get by the inner part of the oil filler tube, or did you have to remove the long plastic filler cylinder as well. Would rather not remove that if I don't have to/ I have an unfortunate penchant for snapping things off when brute forcing. :curse:
They went right in and worked great. Just remove the oil cap and in goes the mirror

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
Even the cars with 2 signatures only had one builder, the other person was a gofer. He just ran parts and other things the builder needed. They switched roles from engine to engine.
Even the cars with 2 signatures only had one builder, the other person was a gofer. He just ran parts and other things the builder needed. They switched roles from engine to engine.
Checked this with some of the guys on the Ford GT forum and there has been a good bit discussed on the subject of "who built your engine?". It was not a situation of one builder and one "gofer". The niche line did a team build with two expert craftsman builders per engine. As a result of that and other factors these engines which are now 15 plus years old have had very very few failures. Many of them have been the subject of mods consisting of twin turbos and getting into the 1500 HP range. My only point is that with a team build there seems to be reduced chance of exactly what has happened here, an excellent engine design with parts left out, causing serious problems. Thanks, KO

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Romeo Engine Niche Line - Romeo's Delight - Trinity 5.8 Build

"When a new person comes to the Niche Line, they are placed with an experienced team of builders for a minimum of two weeks for training (30-40 engines built during this period). This is where the two-person team really starts to shine," Cary explained. "The two-person team allows us to do a few things that one person would take a lot longer to do. The two-person team consists of a Builder and a Support Person. The Builder handles all of the tools and torques every fastener. The Support Person collects and sets up all the parts for the engines as they follow each engine from start to finish. When an engine is complete and the team begins the process again on a new engine, they switch positions. This ensures that every Niche Builder learns the entire engine."

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Mad Dog make sure the mirror you get is a #4. Some of the larger mirrors have to be modified to fit in the tube.

I bought this one and it worked perfect down the fill tube.
Amazon Dental Kit

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Not much has changed since the 2014, except the support person is no longer mentioned on the builder plate..

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
Looks like I am in the clear on my 350. Thanks James for doing it right

IMG_2867.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg

IMG_2869.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
Romeo Engine Niche Line - Romeo's Delight - Trinity 5.8 Build

"When a new person comes to the Niche Line, they are placed with an experienced team of builders for a minimum of two weeks for training (30-40 engines built during this period). This is where the two-person team really starts to shine," Cary explained. "The two-person team allows us to do a few things that one person would take a lot longer to do. The two-person team consists of a Builder and a Support Person. The Builder handles all of the tools and torques every fastener. The Support Person collects and sets up all the parts for the engines as they follow each engine from start to finish. When an engine is complete and the team begins the process again on a new engine, they switch positions. This ensures that every Niche Builder learns the entire engine."
My point exactly. After each engine they switch and each gets chance to be primary builder. Two knowledgeable craftsman. On 5.4 and 5.8 two names on each plate. Teamwork. One name, one guy forgets to add tensioner and oooooooops.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy that you all are passing the test. I am not part of the dates in question, as I got my car first week of December 2019, but I cant stop thinking about wanting to have mine back to check it.

That and the brake pedal recall, lol. Oh, and the reprogramming of the e-brake. I think what I am trying to say is, I wish I had my car.

Anyway, good news fellas!