TSB 19-2140 - 5.0 Engine Chirping Noise

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I also have this with my 19GT, but I really don't want to have the dealer touch if it's not damaging to the motor.
Exactly. I don't burn any oil and the car pulls great. It would really suck to fix the chirp but then have other issues prop up because of a botched repair.
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I saw chirping noise and had flashback nightmares of the HPFP in the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. Worst. Chirping. Noise. Ever.
Luckily your car isn’t gay like those other ones.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So what's the difference between the old and new tensioner? Luckily, my 2019 Bullitt was built in Aug 2019, so it's far away enough from April to hopefully not have it. We'll see :D. I'm one more of the 'never-take-my-car-to-a-dealer-unless-absolutely-necessary' club :).

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

Thats just your right side lower seat bolster rubbing against the armrest console. If you are a bigger guy it happens. Im 6'2 240 and my seat sides are stretched out....just like me ex's...lol

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Thats just your right side lower seat bolster rubbing against the armrest console. If you are a bigger guy it happens. Im 6'2 240 and my seat sides are stretched out....just like me ex's...lol
Some leather conditioner might help with it

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Does anyone have a sound like this? It only does it hot and at idle and it seems to come and go. I only hear it if i'm listening for it or im next to another car or a wall. It does seem to go away if i barely raise the engine speed a few hundred RPMs.

I do have an oil catch can installed. I'm wondering if that could be the source of the sound. Possibly some sort of vacuum 'feedback'. But i cannot figure out what it is for the life of me. It doesn't sound like any of the TSB sounds i've heard.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Does anyone have a sound like this? It only does it hot and at idle and it seems to come and go. I only hear it if i'm listening for it or im next to another car or a wall. It does seem to go away if i barely raise the engine speed a few hundred RPMs.

I do have an oil catch can installed. I'm wondering if that could be the source of the sound. Possibly some sort of vacuum 'feedback'. But i cannot figure out what it is for the life of me. It doesn't sound like any of the TSB sounds i've heard.

yes that is what this is about. The sound only happened one time to my car. But many people seem to think its the tensioner but many also say that didn't help.

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10

Yeah that sounds like your catch can vibrating

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
lol for the love of god that is a lot of work. appreciate the post and info

anyone that this is happening to, what mileage are you at and car specs?
Noticed around 18900. At 20200 and taking it in next week.

Car build date 4/8/2019. Fuck me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest. My Ford dealer fucked up the install of a warranty intake repair. Where the guy didn't take off the strut bar or cover and half assed the install. Where I had to undo all the parts. To properly attach the outlet to the throttle body.

I will be brining this up with the service team and I may demand a ford master to come and do this work. Because the shop has already proved it's poor workmanship on prior warranty work I've had done there. Shit I had to tell them what the parts were when they were looking under the hood. I haven't built a mustang in 2 decades and still knew what the PCV looked like for chrissakes.

Even better. That TSB came out in May. I bought that car in August. And I never heard a whiff about it. Until now. Now I'm going to be super pissed off at the original dealership I bought this car from. I'm going lemon law on this crap.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Yeah that sounds like your catch can vibrating
I found out that its my high pressure fuel pump. Guessing it's normal sound operation. I can hear it plain as day if i stick a stethoscope to it.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Bringing this back to see how everyone's doing with this. Has anyone gotten the TSB done, has anyone's chirp gotten worse?

I have 10k more miles than when I last posted and there's been no change. Sounds like a belt/pulley and only occurs when cold. No noise when warm.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I had the TSB for the chirp fix at 17k. now at 24k still no chirp. I did the 2k rattle, bbq tick and crazy idle. after a trip to mustang week I pulled up at a stop light and the car was running so quite I thought It cut off. so I don't know what happen

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Bringing this back to see how everyone's doing with this. Has anyone gotten the TSB done, has anyone's chirp gotten worse?

I have 10k more miles than when I last posted and there's been no change. Sounds like a belt/pulley and only occurs when cold. No noise when warm.
I have the same issue when cold. Goes away after a couple min of idling or a few blocks of driving. Car is at the dealer and they are putting on a new belt. We’ll see if it fixes the chirping.

chirping starts at 28 seconds of the vid

*UPDATE* belt change didn’t do anything. Noise is still there on cold start. Guess we start swapping each pulley one by one and see what happens lol

Sponsored

Last edited: