Sponsored

TSB 19-2135 - Surge or Hesitation

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
TSB 19-2135 supersedes prior TSB 19-2090; applies to all 2015-2019 GT350’s and GT350R’s.

Issue:
Some 2015-2019 Mustang GT350/GT350R vehicles may exhibit a hesitation or surge in the vehicle with no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present. This may be accompanied by an inoperative cruise control system. This may be due to a transmission output shaft flange nut that has come loose, allowing the output shaft tone ring to move in relation to the output shaft causing an erroneous signal. To resolve the condition, follow the Service Procedure steps to replace the output shaft flange nut.

See attached pdf for complete TSB content.
Sponsored

Attachments

SilverSerpent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 1990 Skyline GT-R, 2001 Toyota Tacoma
This may or not be the issue I've been having around 2000-3500k RPM with light throttle in 2nd & 3rd gear. Guess I'll have to try and demonstrate the issue at dealer at some point.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i believe my repair horror story may have contributed to this updated TSB. i took my 20 model year to the dealership for surge/hesitation, and inoperative cruise control issues, along with the TSB 19-2135 and a link to a thread on mustang6g about the same problem.

the dealership ignored the TSB and the link for 9 weeks trying to address the issue; even though 2 test drives with laptops connected to my car CLEARLY logged the surge/hesitation/inoperative cruise control issue. finally, after some polite BMW (bitching-moaning-whining) convo with the service manager and service director, a Ford CSE came to the dealership, drove my car, validated the issue, told the dealership to look at the tone ring, and sure enough, it was in very bad shape. 2 days later, my car was fixed after spending a total of 11 weeks at the dealership. haven't had a problem since the fix. if they invested 5-6 hours of work on day 1-2 that they had my car, the problem would have been resolved.

I did email the owner with a timeline and all the documents that i provided the service manager to assess and address the issue. the next day i get a call from him apologizing for the poor customer service.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
i believe my repair horror story may have contributed to this updated TSB. i took my 20 model year to the dealership for surge/hesitation, and inoperative cruise control issues, along with the TSB 19-2135 and a link to a thread on mustang6g about the same problem.

the dealership ignored the TSB and the link for 9 weeks trying to address the issue; even though 2 test drives with laptops connected to my car CLEARLY logged the surge/hesitation/inoperative cruise control issue. finally, after some polite BMW (bitching-moaning-whining) convo with the service manager and service director, a Ford CSE came to the dealership, drove my car, validated the issue, told the dealership to look at the tone ring, and sure enough, it was in very bad shape. 2 days later, my car was fixed after spending a total of 11 weeks at the dealership. haven't had a problem since the fix. if they invested 5-6 hours of work on day 1-2 that they had my car, the problem would have been resolved.

I did email the owner with a timeline and all the documents that i provided the service manager to assess and address the issue. the next day i get a call from him apologizing for the poor customer service.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Oof...looks like you need a new dealership!

Sponsored

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
I have a very distinct and noticeable hesitation from 2500-3000 RPM. I've never tried by cruise control.
Do you all think it could possibly be related to this? I have never experienced surging.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I should have mentioned that the hesitation and surging occurred in 5th and 6th gear. Also, the cruise control would not work in 5th or 6th gear. The surging occurred after a momentary hesitation. In 5th gear, cruise control would engage, but around 70-80 miles an hour it would disengage like I tapped the brakes. I had no problems with hesitation, surging or cruise control in 4th gear. I apologize for leaving out the fact that the issues were present in 5th and 6th gear.

Nonetheless, if you take it to the dealership, I'd push them to rule out the tone ring.