OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can I call them have them order me a new hood under this TSB, then let them prep and paint it and I pick it up and install it myself? because I don't trust the dealership and their pinhead lot boys not to thrash my 750 wWHP Beast.
Unfortunately it does not work that way. You have to take the vehicle to a Ford Service Center. They have to see the problem in person, then they take a slew of pics to submit to Ford Corp. The pics are reviewed and then the Warranty Claim is either authorized or denied. With the TSB existing, and if the damage is as described in the TSB, then the claim will be authorized.

After it’s authorized they’ll notify you and you have to bring the car back in for the repair. They (Ford Service Center) has to do the R&R in order for the Warranty to be completed AND so that hood is now covered under the repair policies.
Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
That woukd be better than corrosion. I'm hoping.
It is. It is harder to remove, but adhesive under the paint won't continue to grow, unlike corrosion. In fact, the only issue with it is that it is an eye sore. That little bit washing out of the hem won't change the structural integrity of the panel.

It is a HUGE pain to try to remove though. If it were me, I would leave it alone, especially being on the under side of the hood in an obscure spot that most likely only you will notice, but I also have much different expectations and allowances than most when it comes to paint.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It is. It is harder to remove, but adhesive under the paint won't continue to grow, unlike corrosion. In fact, the only issue with it is that it is an eye sore. That little bit washing out of the hem won't change the structural integrity of the panel.

It is a HUGE pain to try to remove though. If it were me, I would leave it alone, especially being on the under side of the hood in an obscure spot that most likely only you will notice, but I also have much different expectations and allowances than most when it comes to paint.
I've got a few spots under the hood along the sealing seam like that. They haven't changed in 5+ years, so it's not corrosion. Yep, just leave it alone, as it's under the hood and out of sight. I guess if someone was making a car for open hood shows, it might be a concern, but not for 99.9999% of the people here.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Just noticed bubbling on my hood...it is just under the front leading edge. It looks like paint drips, but they are bubbles (I can easily dent them with a fingernail). The line of them extends about 23 cm and they are about 2-5 mm in size.

Time to hit the dealer. The fitment of my hood kinda sucked anyway, so now that will get sorted too at least.

There is ferrous material in the hood. It looks like some sort of steel insert up front where the hoop for the latch is. At least a magnet sticks around there.

I'll take some pics when the humans are up...too early to rouse them yet.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is getting progressively worse and chipping in one area. I was able to fix that with matching touch up paint since it was just a small chip. However other areas are larger and starting to break through. Going to have to have my buddy at his body shop fix it. He says he has solution to fix it permanently. He’s been fixing this issue for years. I will not have the dealership replace my hood that will eventually break out again. Free or not.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Going to have to have my buddy at his body shop fix it. He says he has solution to fix it permanently. He’s been fixing this issue for years. I will not have the dealership replace my hood that will eventually break out again. Free or not.
Any chance your friend to detail what he does to stop these corrosion spots. I have one under and up to the tip of my 16 hood. I plan to address in the spring. Would like to do as good as I can to halt it. I missed the warranty claim by 2 months.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance your friend to detail what he does to stop these corrosion spots. I have one under and up to the tip of my 16 hood. I plan to address in the spring. Would like to do as good as I can to halt it. I missed the warranty claim by 2 months.
I doubt it..

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He wont tell me..

Norseman71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Performance Pack - Convertible
Just noticed this today on my 2015, it was probably there a few months ago but warranty is out December 22, 2020 - so I’m 4 months late. Bugger.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
Just noticed this today on my 2015, it was probably there a few months ago but warranty is out December 22, 2020 - so I’m 4 months late. Bugger.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sorry to hear that. Thankfully mine hasn't moved from last year, I hope mine is sloppy sealant.

I would investigate a new non Ford hood if I were you

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

image.jpg

image.jpg
Even if your 2015 was still under the 5 year panel corrosion warranty, Ford would not warranty that because the corrosion hasn't perforated the metal. Ford changed the warranty statement on panel corrosion for the 2016+ model years, and left the 2015 guys out in the cold.

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
For those recently denied, get the actual response Ford gave to the dealer, and evaluate it carefull.. mine was actually denied because corrosion could not be seen..we left them bubbled paint intact.....after scraping the bubbles off and exposing the corroded metal, I got a new hood. You are allowed to resubmit after a denial.
When this first happened a couple of years ago they were so small I just said in the back of my head if it stays like that I'll just deal with it and now 5+ years later I have not one or two blisters but 5 on my hood and 1 right above my driver side rear fender! I'll probably have to get it wrapped this summer and it's so disappointing to see how Ford isn't even honoring this defect even after 5 years and mine's a 2016! It's already bad enough as it is I had MAJOR issues buying this car from Kanata Ford with a horrible experience and now have to worry about this blistering just popping up everywhere on my hood and side fender in the rear, now where's the next one gonna come out? Went to Carling Ford "I haven't heard anything about that?", Richmond Ford "Sorry that's only for 3 years!"...

20210418_140204.jpg
20210418_140143.jpg
20210418_140154.jpg
20210418_140223.jpg
20210418_140230.jpg
20210418_140253.jpg
Sponsored