TSB 19-2026: Aluminum Panel Corrosion

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
So best thing to do is show the service mgr TSB# 19-2026 along with showing him the bubbling area and they will send to Ford claims? Any 2016+ owners that have this issue on their hood specifically had luck in getting a new hood and painted? My passenger side fender is also bubbling but I really doubt they will cover that too. Thanks GT Pony & Cobra Jet for your help.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So best thing to do is show the service mgr TSB# 19-2026 along with showing him the bubbling area and they will send to Ford claims? Any 2016+ owners that have this issue on their hood specifically had luck in getting a new hood and painted? My passenger side fender is also bubbling but I really doubt they will cover that too. Thanks GT Pony & Cobra Jet for your help.
The front fenders are also aluminum ... so maybe. Glad to help out, hope you get it fixed properly under warranty.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed the thread on TSB 19-7033. According to that, it says it has to be perforated to be warrantable? Can Ford make this any more complicated or confusing?? :angry: Geezus!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed the thread on TSB 19-7033. According to that, it says it has to be perforated to be warrantable? Can Ford make this any more complicated or confusing?? :angry: Geezus!
TSB 19-7033 says:

Corrosion (Warrantable) Steel and aluminum corrosion shown in Figures 23 and 24. See the Warranty and Policy Manual for extended coverages.

You have a 2016, so surface corrosion on an aluminum panel would be covered under the 5 year warranty as explained before in his thread.

Look at Figure 24 ... pretty much what the aluminum hood corrosion looks like without perforation.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/19-7033-paint-pdf.362254/

Panel Corrosion.JPG

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
TSB 19-7033 says:

Corrosion (Warrantable) Steel and aluminum corrosion shown in Figures 23 and 24. See the Warranty and Policy Manual for extended coverages.

You have a 2016, so surface corrosion on an aluminum panel would be covered under the 5 year warranty as explained before in his thread.

Look at Figure 24 ... pretty much what the aluminum hood corrosion looks like without perforation.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/19-7033-paint-pdf.362254/

Panel Corrosion.JPG
I have a 2016 GT and my hood was replaced per the TSB with no hassles. This was done last month. My car has 44K miles.

Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Took mine to the dealership I bought the car from last Saturday. They took pics and said I should have an answer by Tuesday the latest. My hood has at least 5 different spots along the edges where the paint is bubbling.

It is now Friday afternoon and have not heard a peep from the dealership. I don't think it should take this long for an answer.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
Took mine to the dealership I bought the car from last Saturday. They took pics and said I should have an answer by Tuesday the latest. My hood has at least 5 different spots along the edges where the paint is bubbling.

It is now Friday afternoon and have not heard a peep from the dealership. I don't think it should take this long for an answer.
My dealership told me they would have an answer to the claim they submitted by the end of the day which was a Friday. They did have an answer, but the service manager got busy and forgot to call me. He must have had confidence that Ford would honor the claim because he ordered the new hood before submitting the claim.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
How bad was your bubbling? Mine is barely noticeable, but obviously there, and is underneath my PPF. It's nothing like that pic. I only have 14.5k miles on the car.
My dealership told me they would have an answer to the claim they submitted by the end of the day which was a Friday. They did have an answer, but the service manager got busy and forgot to call me. He must have had confidence that Ford would honor the claim because he ordered the new hood before submitting the claim.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
How bad was your bubbling? Mine is barely noticeable, but obviously there, and is underneath my PPF. It's nothing like that pic. I only have 14.5k miles on the car.
20191108_095146.jpg

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
This as bad as mine got. It's a 2016. When I first saw this I was surprised to see it. I've seen this in Ohio where cars rust from road salt, not in SoCal.

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
This as bad as mine got. It's a 2016. When I first saw this I was surprised to see it. I've seen this in Ohio where cars rust from road salt, not in SoCal.
I guess the hoods or paint or both are shit. I have it in the same area but on the passenger side and also on my passenger side fender. Hopefully they will cover both. Thanks.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's caused by bad manufacturing process that apparently gets either moisture and/or contamination between the the two pieces of sheet metal (aluminum) at the seam. It's not caused by any kind of road salt or other environmental conditions.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
It's caused by bad manufacturing process that apparently gets either moisture and/or contamination between the the two pieces of sheet metal (aluminum) at the seam. It's not caused by any kind of road salt or other environmental conditions.
Has it just been the hood or has anyone else had fender issues like myself?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has it just been the hood or has anyone else had fender issues like myself?
I've only heard of the hood corrosion. If your fender looks abnormal then it could be the paint showing a problem and its not being caused by corrosion. Hard to say for sure.

Can you post some photos of what you're seeing?

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
2019 Orange Fury owner here... My car was made in April 2019 so it is only 13 months old and this is what i found under the hood. This adds to my 2017 Explorer which also has the same issue. The dealership said I can get a new hood no problem but I JUST got the whole hood covered with PPF for like $1000. What the hell for? I'm so frustrated. 19 years and millions of cars and ford can't figure out how to keep the panelscpanels when painting? I almost don't want to get it fixed and just buy an aftermarket hood, and what makes this worse is, orange Fury is a triple layer paint and I have over the top racing stripes.... FML
20200514_171857.jpg
Sponsored