OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am currently dealing with this now. I got my hood "repaired" on my 2015 gt, during warranty (around 2016-2017 if i remember correctly). It started to happen again, this time in multiple locations on the hood. So according to this TSB, should it be covered?
Yes. According to the new TSB, the hood should be replaced now, not repaired.
Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Does the corrosion affect any other body panels other than the hood?

RaceRedGT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 5.0
Yes. According to the new TSB, the hood should be replaced now, not repaired.
Does the corrosion affect any other body panels other than the hood?
I believe so. I saw a gt350 owner have it on one of the fenders. As for me, its only happening on the hood, same location as last time with more spots popping up.

Thanks @Cobra Jet. Taking the car tomorrow to get inspected.

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I believe so. I saw a gt350 owner have it on one of the fenders. As for me, its only happening on the hood, same location as last time with more spots popping up.

Thanks @Cobra Jet. Taking the car tomorrow to get inspected.
Hey RaceRed, did you get a chance to get to the dealer? If so, how did it go? I also have a 2015 GT and want to take it to the dealer tomorrow to see if i can get them to take care of my hood.

RaceRedGT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 5.0
@CanadaCalvin88 I did. I will hopefully get an answer by Tuesday. As of now, it looks promising. Dealer took photos and sent it to Ford. Just make sure to take the TSB with you and show it to them.

Sponsored

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's great to hear! Thanks for getting back to me, and I will update when I make any progress.

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I just got a call back from the Ford dealer with bad news. My dealer took photos of my car and submitted them, but the claim was denied because my car is a 2015 with 40,000 miles on it. I brought up the fact that the corrosion warranty is good up to five years, but I guess the panel still needs to be perforated on the mustang for it to be covered under warranty. According to the dealer, the Ford explorer does not need to have perforated panels for the warranty to cover corrosion, which I thought was weird that the criteria was not the same between all of Ford's models...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So I just got a call back from the Ford dealer with bad news. My dealer took photos of my car and submitted them, but the claim was denied because my car is a 2015 with 40,000 miles on it. I brought up the fact that the corrosion warranty is good up to five years, but I guess the panel still needs to be perforated on the mustang for it to be covered under warranty. According to the dealer, the Ford explorer does not need to have perforated panels for the warranty to cover corrosion, which I thought was weird that the criteria was not the same between all of Ford's models...
As mentioned earlier, unfortunately it seems the new TSB is nothing more than directing the dealerships to just replace the panel instead of trying to repair them. Ford knows repairs don't last on these corroded aluminum panels. The TBS changes nothing about the original warranty language found in the Ford warranty statement.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yah, unfortunately I just got word from the dealer that my claim was denied. Even though they're having so many issues that they issued a TSB, they're still sticking to the "you have to have a hole" BS to avoid warranty claims. The dealer guy gave me the "call and complain" number, but I'm not expecting much.

RaceRedGT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 5.0
I am still waiting for my call. Mine was repaired before but it came back so hopefully I can get it replaced.

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Ford Customer Service, being waaay more polite than I wanted to be (flies with honey, and all that). I calmly explained to the rep that I've only made one warranty claim (my 50th panel cap literally falling off the car) and I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect my $42k car to not rust after 3.5 years. They are reevaluating it for some sort of program. Something about verifying the work would have been covered if it had fallen inside of my B2B warranty. Any idea what the guy is talking about as far as program?

CanadaCalvin88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yah, unfortunately I just got word from the dealer that my claim was denied. Even though they're having so many issues that they issued a TSB, they're still sticking to the "you have to have a hole" BS to avoid warranty claims. The dealer guy gave me the "call and complain" number, but I'm not expecting much.
Ya, I was given the same number to call, but will probably just forget about it. I got a quote from Ford for a new hood and paint, and was told it would be about 2k. I think I'm going to try and find a good used one from somebody who went carbon fiber, and if that doesn't work, bite the bullet and just buy the new one. What are your opinions on dealership body shops? Is the paint quality going to match the rest of the car, or should I find my own body shop that has a good reputation?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Ford Customer Service, being waaay more polite than I wanted to be (flies with honey, and all that). I calmly explained to the rep that I've only made one warranty claim (my 50th panel cap literally falling off the car) and I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect my $42k car to not rust after 3.5 years. They are reevaluating it for some sort of program. Something about verifying the work would have been covered if it had fallen inside of my B2B warranty. Any idea what the guy is talking about as far as program?
You have a 2015. The warranty statement says the panel corrosion is covered for 5 years and unlimited mileage. The reason Ford is not covering it, even though you have had your car less than 5 years, is because the warranty on the 2015 says the panel needs to be perforated to be covered. Get it to perforate somehow ... that's what it will take to get it covered under warranty for a 2015 if still within the 5 year coverage period.

2015 Corrosion Warranty Statement
2015 Mustang Corrosion Warranty Statement.JPG

Notice however, that Ford changed the Corrosion Warranty Statement in 2016+ model years to address aluminum panels specifically. It reads that aluminum panels do not need to be perforated to be covered under the 5 year corrosion warranty - only corroded. The aluminum panel language is not even in the 2015 warranty statement. So why can't Ford apply their updated corrosion warranty back to the 2015s that are left out in the cold on this warranty? Someone needs to ask Ford why 2016+ models get a better aluminum panel coverage than the 2015s ... doesn't seem fair IMO.

2016+ Corrosion Warranty Statement
2016+ Mustang Corrosion Warranty Statement.JPG

Last edited:

RaceRedGT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 5.0
@GT Pony is correct. I just got my claim denied. I will bring that issue up as to why the 2015s were kept out compared to the 2016+. First year glitches is not an excuse either. This is a piece of the email from Ford to the dealer. The bold statement is what has me worked up a bit. Ford will pay only once for a correction of defect; clearly the defect wasn't corrected because it still there.

Any 2015 vehicle besides 2015 F-150's need to show perforation to be covered under the Corrosion warranty. That being said. A repair was completed on the hood on 12/07/2016 which was done under the most updated repair direction per ford. Per page 12 of the warranty and policy manual- Section Professional Standard of work. "Ford will pay only once for the correction of a defect covered under warranty unless Ford service parts used in the repair are defective or new technical information becomes available."

We have to follow the applicable warranties each vehicle falls under. This vehicle is now out of the New Vehicle Warranty, and would need to show natural perforation around the corrosion for it to be warrantable under the Corrosion Warranty.

Therefore, the replacement of the Hood Assembly (16612) is not warrantable under the Corrosion Warranty

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
For those recently denied, get the actual response Ford gave to the dealer, and evaluate it carefull.. mine was actually denied because corrosion could not be seen..we left them bubbled paint intact.....after scraping the bubbles off and exposing the corroded metal, I got a new hood. You are allowed to resubmit after a denial.
Sponsored