Trying to use a 2015 premium radio in my base 2019 mustang

365fastlivin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonquel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang gt
Okay . I installed a 2015 radio in my 2019 . I only want to use it for the radio to Bluetooth to my phone. In photo it dosent allow me to do it . What’s needed to be done for em to just be able to Bluetooth my phone to the radio.
- i can make phone calls on my phone and goes threw radio but will not allow me to do the radio. I did not take the CD player from the other car either just the screen and bezel.

4F7D0365-CCFE-4588-8935-EEF9D5FB1526.jpeg
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The apim is not seeing the acm . On a 15 the acm would be the cd player.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
That where I would start.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Why did you choose the radio out of a 15. The 16+ would be a much better choice and I would assume more plug and play as they are sync 3 and would be much better for Bluetooth calling and other features.

Sponsored

OP
OP

365fastlivin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonquel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang gt
Why did you choose the radio out of a 15. The 16+ would be a much better choice and I would assume more plug and play as they are sync 3 and would be much better for Bluetooth calling and other features.
Got it for free. Wanted to give it a shot

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Got it for free. Wanted to give it a shot
ah ok in that case that’s a good reason. Have u tried looking at the threads of others who have done the upgrade? I think that might be your best bet On determining what’s going on.

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
Thank you so i just need to get the CD player?
Just to expand

I believe what is happening is that your ACM is looking for your the gen 1 APIM (4") of the base model.
You need to tell it to look for/use the gen 2 APIM (8" touchscreen) through Forscan for it to work but making Forscan changes isn't for everyone. (Forscan setting Internal SDARS & APIM type (gen1/gen2) & EFP (CAN/LIN) & APIM)

So the advice to get a new CD player is a good option as long as the CD Player/ACM was pulled from a car that already had the 8" touchscreen. If it came from a base model it won't work and if they can't tell you what system it was pulled from then you take your chances on it working.

Forscan would be the more DIY approach but will require some investment in time and money but could cost less then the ACM based on where its sourced. At times, ACM will only come as part of a full package with the APIM, FCIM(Display screen) and the ACM. One of the recyclers I buy from has two listing for single ACMs right now but I don't know how to tell by part nbr what type of set-up it came from, that's the research you will need to do or maybe you can message the recycler. Part Nbrs and serial nbrs are clearly visible in the pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/str/midwaymustang?_bkw=radio

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-...179704?hash=item2611403c78:g:oO0AAOSwe9VcRfNH

OP
OP

365fastlivin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonquel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang gt
Just to expand

I believe what is happening is that your ACM is looking for your the gen 1 APIM (4") of the base model.
You need to tell it to look for/use the gen 2 APIM (8" touchscreen) through Forscan for it to work but making Forscan changes isn't for everyone. (Forscan setting Internal SDARS & APIM type (gen1/gen2) & EFP (CAN/LIN) & APIM)

So the advice to get a new CD player is a good option as long as the CD Player/ACM was pulled from a car that already had the 8" touchscreen. If it came from a base model it won't work and if they can't tell you what system it was pulled from then you take your chances on it working.

Forscan would be the more DIY approach but will require some investment in time and money but could cost less then the ACM based on where its sourced. At times, ACM will only come as part of a full package with the APIM, FCIM(Display screen) and the ACM. One of the recyclers I buy from has two listing for single ACMs right now but I don't know how to tell by part nbr what type of set-up it came from, that's the research you will need to do or maybe you can message the recycler. Part Nbrs and serial nbrs are clearly visible in the pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/str/midwaymustang?_bkw=radio

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2017-...179704?hash=item2611403c78:g:oO0AAOSwe9VcRfNH
I got the CD player from out the car it works now thank bro
Sponsored