Sponsored

Trying to trace history of a Grabber Blue 18 plate... HELP!

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Evans Halshaw are probably the worst people to buy a car from, the staff have no idea what they're talking about and make it up as they go along, telling lies is normal for them and part of their culture. I'd try to get sight of the V5 document and reach out to the owner, anyone who's got the passion to invest in a new Mustang should be happy to share any information about their previous loved toy.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
...but it makes you wonder if the guys who are selling these cars actually know anything about them at all....
The thing is most of the prospective owners walking in through the door know nothing either so the sales bull tends to go unnoticed. It would have come as something of a shock for Ford from 2015 when they started getting knowledgeable questions about a car that wasn't even in the country at that point.

Once traveled 90 miles to an Evan Halshaw dealer to view a Vectra estate load-lugger only to be told they didn't have the car, the advert was only to draw people in, but they did have a nice Ford Fusion if I was interested. Never again.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I bought a 2019, 3 months ago, which also came with a stamped book

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Most dealers don’t even find the service book because it’s in the secret secondary glovebox at the top of the main glovebox! Look inside and there’s a little yellow tab that opens this!

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Evans Halshaw are probably the worst people to buy a car from, the staff have no idea what they're talking about and make it up as they go along, telling lies is normal for them and part of their culture. I'd try to get sight of the V5 document and reach out to the owner, anyone who's got the passion to invest in a new Mustang should be happy to share any information about their previous loved toy.
I'm trying to buy a new car from them right now and it's an incredibly frustrating situation. EH salesperson told me that the ÂŁ399 ceramic wax and fabric protection would be for free. However, he put it in the invoice, but told me that I would not be charged for it. I asked him to confirm that in writing via email. He said today he would email me to do that, he never sent the email. This has been going on for weeks now.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I'm trying to buy a new car from them right now and it's an incredibly frustrating situation. EH salesperson told me that the ÂŁ399 ceramic wax and fabric protection would be for free. However, he put it in the invoice, but told me that I would not be charged for it. I asked him to confirm that in writing via email. He said today he would email me to do that, he never sent the email. This has been going on for weeks now.
never ever let a dealership wash your car never mind wax / coat it. Not worth the scratches

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
never ever let a dealership wash your car never mind wax / coat it. Not worth the scratches
At this point, it's difficult to say if I will even get the car. Any enjoyment or excitement that I had about ordering the car is quickly eroding over the treatment I'm receiving from EH Wolverhampton. Do you remember in the old days when you purchased something expensive (car, watch, art, etc.) that the customer was treated with a warm welcome & respect?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I just got lucky, but I got treated really well from Linda at Bristol Street Bolton.

I had been mithering her since Grabber blue was out in 17 and finally bought in 20. I was honest and upfront with her and got the same back.

In general, they weren’t that knowledgeable on what was coming out soon (i.e. details of the facelift and upcoming colours etc) but they knew that, apologised for it and tactfully suggested that communication from Ford to them wasn’t that great. What they did know well and what they kept me updated with was the Mustang 'process'.

They walked me though all the steps, kept me updated at each (with phone calls) and were open and honest when delays hit (I also got the first lot of Covid shut down delays).

When we had some delivery QC issues they were also very good, again being open and honest about everything and working well with me to get everything sorted.

I wasn't looking for someone to kiss my arse (so to speak), I just wanted someone who I could have an honest conversation with and who would keep me updated through the full process - they did that very well.

Perhaps I just landed lucky with Linda, I only found out after my collection but having only bought one other new car before (different dealer / different manufacturer), it turns out that my sales rep for that one was Kate - Linda's daughter ! Perhaps their service / style of doing things just runs in the family :like:

I still get treated really well from that dealership, during the sales process I also built a very good relationship with the parts manager and more recently (since warranty and service work started) one of their head technicians.

Bristol Street Bolton gets a thumbs up from me :like:

WD :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Can't stress this enough. A coating done properly will normally be a 2 day process, at the very least a very long days work. A dealership will rush it in a couple of hours I'm willing to bet - I've seen a mustang on the receiving end of one of these dealer applied protection packages, it wasn't pretty, and was very expensive to correct.

A good sales person is hard to come by, I went ~100 miles out of my way to deal with a salesman who was amazing (he's since left Ford). Advice to any new buyer would be to call around, find a dealership you are happy dealing with which can get hold of the right car for you. Even if you have to jump on a train and travel half the length of the country, well worth it. As a bonus you get time to get to know the car :)

EDIT: the fact these ÂŁ399 protections are "thrown in for free" should tell you all you need to know. If you're wanting to pick up an immaculately prepared car, take it as is from the dealership and get a pro detailer to do a days work on it. You'll get a lot more for your money.

Last edited:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
At this point, it's difficult to say if I will even get the car. Any enjoyment or excitement that I had about ordering the car is quickly eroding over the treatment I'm receiving from EH Wolverhampton. Do you remember in the old days when you purchased something expensive (car, watch, art, etc.) that the customer was treated with a warm welcome & respect?
tbh dealing with any dealership / garage buying a car is a pain BUT once you have it then you drop the supplier like a hot potato. Take the car to someone you trust and let them do the work, even if you have to drive a distance you'll still feel much better about the car. PLus you get to drive it more :D

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, I received an email this morning saying that the ÂŁ399 would be removed from the final invoice.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
doesn't stop them doing the work which would be my advice
i know, i may have them bin it altogether. the cars not being built for weeks, so i have plenty of time.
Sponsored