Sponsored

Trying to buy a Shelby sucks….

Was buying your Shelby a “fun” experience?

• Total voters

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you don’t want to pay it, don’t. Nothing wrong with a Gt. If you want a Shelby there’s a premium involved. New or used. It’s basic supply and demand. Make no mistake, there a lot of people that a few extra grand doesn‘t affect them financially at all. The same with gas price’s. It’s not like there’s less cars on the road currently. The price’s on these cars isn‘t coming down any time soon. Just the way it is. .

I wouldn’t pay ADM for a car ever. The economy is way too volatile right now. If one more thing happens that raises gas prices and the economy keeps with its current forecasted down turn I think most people would think twice about getting into a GT500 and it will be easier to get into a gt500.
Sponsored

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
I wouldn’t pay ADM for a car ever. The economy is way too volatile right now. If one more thing happens that raises gas prices and the economy keeps with its current forecasted down turn I think most people would think twice about getting into a GT500 and it will be easier to get into a gt500.
Lol. Good luck

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I just bought my GT/CS a couple weeks ago. The dealership actually honored X-plan for a Mustang on the ground
I'm glad they did. I don't know how it works now but when I worked at Ford 20 years ago they loved X and A plan. They get a nice kickback from Ford. Usually more than we were gonna make on the deal since we were in a dip and everything was selling at basically invoice.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
I'm glad they did. I don't know how it works now but when I worked at Ford 20 years ago they loved X and A plan. They get a nice kickback from Ford. Usually more than we were gonna make on the deal since we were in a dip and everything was selling at basically invoice.
Almost no one is honoring x-plan right now (except for orders) that I’ve found. Thankfully a dealer relatively close decided to.

It took me 4 hours to find a dealer that wasn’t asking over MSRP for the Tremor. I ended up driving 8 hours each way to get it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If I didn't have my GT500, I'd probably have the Mach1 I ordered. ..don't know if it ever got built though. lol. My dealer dropped my Gt500 in my lap, so I'm about as lucky as one can get these days. I didn't get to chose the color or any options but a GT500 in a color you didn't pick is still better than no GT500 at all. :p

I sold my '16GT to order the Mach1/gt500 but I was ready to move on from it. The only reason I bought a new car vs. a classic was because my wife wanted me to enjoy a Turn-key car for once. I've been building cars for 30 years and it's always a pita to break down, have to be towed home and have a car sit for months at a time. Now my car sits for months at a time but I get to move it whenever I want. :)

I think asking if something was a Fun experience is more about asking if anything went wrong. The "Anti... ci.. ..pasion" of waiting for something awesome is generally a great time.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I DD mine. It's a great car for it, ventilated seats, carplay, automatic, rides nice, sounds nice. Plenty of people daily mustangs. The range is a bigger bummer than the mpg.
Amen, sir. I daily mine to the office, grocery store or girlfriend's house. Granted I get much better mileage than the GT500 but still. I have a lot of fun in the Mustang. Wintertime is a little more exciting to be sure, and I'm not really comfy travelling up to my moms place in central Ontario (near North Bay for you Canucks out there).

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
Was the most painless car buying experience I've ever had when I ordered my 2016 GT and my wife's employer provided X Plan benefits.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I DD mine. It's a great car for it, ventilated seats, carplay, automatic, rides nice, sounds nice. Plenty of people daily mustangs. The range is a bigger bummer than the mpg.
I should clarify that I DD my Mach 1 (except on bad weather days - have a beater car for that), but it is nice to see someone who does DD a 500. What is the range when you are running it in normal?

Clubbinator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350
I should clarify that I DD my Mach 1 (except on bad weather days - have a beater car for that), but it is nice to see someone who does DD a 500. What is the range when you are running it in normal?
Amen, sir. I daily mine to the office, grocery store or girlfriend's house. Granted I get much better mileage than the GT500 but still. I have a lot of fun in the Mustang. Wintertime is a little more exciting to be sure, and I'm not really comfy travelling up to my moms place in central Ontario (near North Bay for you Canucks out there).
I daily drove my gt350 last summer and accumulated over 12 k miles in 7 months, before I sold the car and got into the gt500 market. I also plan to daily the gt500 and beat on it like a hooker that owes me money. Why spend money on a car to just look at?

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
I would say if you don't buy a rear wheel drive only, V8 mustang, in the next 12 months, you will likely not get one. I am assuming the 2023 will be a hybrid. That is when the used ones will really increase in value.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Interesting, and telling, that nearly 40% of participants of this poll said it wasn't a fun experience...

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
When they "borrow" money, the Reserve system (large banks) along with a small % of foreign nations, etc, simply create the money out of thin air. It didn't exist. Now it does. Here's where it gets even more confounding. When those funds are sent out into various portions of the economy, they have a multiplicative effect, at reserve ratios that each bank can then issue more lending (and create MORE NEW MONEY) against an obligation in hand.

While I agree the commercial banks/various EU banks are your money source, I would argue this is not the reason for the recent spike in prices. Reserve ratios have been eliminated in many cases in a desperate bid to keep the economy going. For the most part, it all seems to have gone into asset speculation.

Inflation is probably the most misunderstood word in modern economics from what I can tell. It refers to an increase in prices due to excess money supply under a balanced and stable supply and demand situation.

That last bit, we do not have. Price increases, are not inflation. They are simply relative price increases. People these days use the word "inflation" to mean "price increase" of any kind, which is not accurate.

What was inflationary (and superimposed onto other concurrent supply/demand price increases) was all the direct financial stimulus that the current Administration handed out.

We are dealing with supply problems still. I attend daily morning meetings where we are covering and planning around the latest material shortages. Talking to global suppliers who cannot get material, to make parts. China keeps shutting down factories and ports due to COVID...

COVID suppressed demand for a full year, people went crazy, you release the COVID pressure and demand goes through the roof, at the same time the world is still locking down ports, mines, factories etc. Then the government decides to give everyone cash, suppress their financial obligations so now everyone actually HAS savings, which shot to record highs during COVID, and dropped just as rapidly once restrictions were lifted. It basically created demand, and pulled it forward during a record supply crunch. Add to this, mass retirement and people choosing to simply leave their jobs and you now have a labor shortage in transportation that makes it hard to get goods from A to B, even if there are plenty of the goods, there is no one to get them there.

Oil investments have been put on hold, due to investors demanding spending discipline, and energy needs are rapidly increasing. This is contributing to bottom line price increases on almost everything, but this is not inflation.

This is a totally broken supply and demand curve with some fiscal stimulus on top, IMVHO. Demand does not look good, and if we do not get a recession I'll be incredibly surprised. However, that does not mean the supply issue will resolve, so higher prices may be far more permanent. At least until domestic supply can start replacing global supply.

The the dollar has been strengthening significantly, not weakening which implies we actually have a liquidity problem (globally). Not too much money.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would say if you don't buy a rear wheel drive only, V8 mustang, in the next 12 months, you will likely not get one. I am assuming the 2023 will be a hybrid. That is when the used ones will really increase in value.
It has already been confirmed that the 2023/24 S650 will have the Coyote V8. Hybrid will come later.