Sponsored

Trying to buy a Shelby sucks….

Was buying your Shelby a “fun” experience?

• Total voters

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’ve come to grips with paying adm, even then it’s impossible to get someone to take my money. Well except for the 10k adm, too steep for my blood.
There have been some used cars pop up in some Facebook 500 groups for decent prices with low miles. I've never had what I would consider a great time buying any car. My first gt350 was probably the least painless. This one hasn't been bad but buying out of state, for adm and such does take some of the fun out of it. All things considered I had a much worse time buying a new civic in February.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I cant imagine why anyone would DD a 500... But I get 17.8 MPG lifetime in mine, 75% highway and I obviously don't beat on it.
I DD mine. It's a great car for it, ventilated seats, carplay, automatic, rides nice, sounds nice. Plenty of people daily mustangs. The range is a bigger bummer than the mpg.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I daily my car 70 miles round trip. I have a company gas card so fuck gas prices haha. The range does suck tho. 225 miles from fill up is a pain to deal with.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I've seen a few come through houston at a couple dealers. They were advertised at sticker but who knows what happens when you actually show up at the dealer. I bought my 2021 in Feb of 2022 right before the shutdown was announced so I go mine for $1800 below sticker. Not a great deal but better than alot of others.

Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Buy all new cars sucks today thats why I gave up..
Im gonna ride my F150 till the wheels fall off and my GT stays with me till I die

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Just
I've seen a few come through houston at a couple dealers. They were advertised at sticker but who knows what happens when you actually show up at the dealer. I bought my 2021 in Feb of 2022 right before the shutdown was announced so I go mine for $1800 below sticker. Not a great deal but better than alot of others.
Just to clarify I bought a gt and not a Shelby

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I DD mine. It's a great car for it, ventilated seats, carplay, automatic, rides nice, sounds nice. Plenty of people daily mustangs. The range is a bigger bummer than the mpg.
I may of not stated my exact meaning, I'd be perfectly fine DDIng mine as well, it's just putting the miles/wear and tear and rock chips etc why I said that.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well, it isn't going to get any better. The "chip" shortage is affecting everything and everyone. It's not just cars. My old boss spent months trying to buy a nice new Jet Ski. Dealer said they'd normally get 80 or 90 allocations in a year, but this year they received 21. EVERYTHING has chips in it.

So there was always going to be a supply challenge, irrespective of the value of a dollar.

Then there's the inflation bit. Not to be political (I'll place blame on both parties where it belongs). We've had MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE expansion to the money supply since 2020. Most people do not understand how it works, but when the government "spends" money, it's money they do not have. Why is that crucial? Well, if it was just taking money they already had and allocating it, it would have much lower economic feedback and reverb.

When they "borrow" money, the Reserve system (large banks) along with a small % of foreign nations, etc, simply create the money out of thin air. It didn't exist. Now it does. Here's where it gets even more confounding. When those funds are sent out into various portions of the economy, they have a multiplicative effect, at reserve ratios that each bank can then issue more lending (and create MORE NEW MONEY) against an obligation in hand.

When interest rates were historically and insanely low, what resulted is like a ginormous Russian doll, where each dollar lent ends up being multiplied at various reserve ratios.

The result was both predictable as it was impactful. Financial institutions and every "investment" player from hedge funds to banks to pension funds to private equity and speculators bought up everything they could find, until they'd driven the markets so high in equities that they started pushing money into things like real property, single family homes, apartments buildings (real estate funds, real estate trusts, etc).

The result is that the 8% the government claims as CPI inflation is laughable. They simply rearrange the furniture to get the lowest number they can to keep the sheep asleep. They've been doing it for several decades now. The real inflation rate is well into the double digits (using previous methods of calculation).

Here's the kicker, people have this idea and notion that prices will "return." That's not how inflation works. The only way we'll see an average across the board decrease in prices is with a massive contraction (i.e. a recession) or if the Federal Reserve rapidly and harshly increases interest rates (as in like, bumping the prime to double digits) which they'll never do because it'll kill the economy and put us in recession.

In any case, except for very specific items and markets, prices aren't coming back down. We may see a slow down in INCREASES, but we're not going back to the way it was, not without a huge painful recession.

And the chip shortage isn't set to even catch up to yesterday's demand for a couple more years, let alone the march of increased demand we see not only from consumers wanting more, more people, etc, but from the fact that there's chips in everything now from vacuum cleaners to drones. It's going to be some time before we see a catch up from the chip makers.

That means, buy it now. A difficult concept is that when inflation is bad, it's GOOD to be in debt (as long as it's fixed debt). The more debt you're in, the lower the actual cost of that debt every day the dollar gets weaker.

So, as long as your not worried about losing your job in the upcoming "correction" buy away, buy now. It's not going to get any better and even if it does, it'll be a short lived blip on the march toward ever increasing prices for just about everything.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Well, it isn't going to get any better. The "chip" shortage is affecting everything and everyone. It's not just cars. My old boss spent months trying to buy a nice new Jet Ski. Dealer said they'd normally get 80 or 90 allocations in a year, but this year they received 21. EVERYTHING has chips in it.

So there was always going to be a supply challenge, irrespective of the value of a dollar.

Then there's the inflation bit. Not to be political (I'll place blame on both parties where it belongs). We've had MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE expansion to the money supply since 2020. Most people do not understand how it works, but when the government "spends" money, it's money they do not have. Why is that crucial? Well, if it was just taking money they already had and allocating it, it would have much lower economic feedback and reverb.

When they "borrow" money, the Reserve system (large banks) along with a small % of foreign nations, etc, simply create the money out of thin air. It didn't exist. Now it does. Here's where it gets even more confounding. When those funds are sent out into various portions of the economy, they have a multiplicative effect, at reserve ratios that each bank can then issue more lending (and create MORE NEW MONEY) against an obligation in hand.

When interest rates were historically and insanely low, what resulted is like a ginormous Russian doll, where each dollar lent ends up being multiplied at various reserve ratios.

The result was both predictable as it was impactful. Financial institutions and every "investment" player from hedge funds to banks to pension funds to private equity and speculators bought up everything they could find, until they'd driven the markets so high in equities that they started pushing money into things like real property, single family homes, apartments buildings (real estate funds, real estate trusts, etc).

The result is that the 8% the government claims as CPI inflation is laughable. They simply rearrange the furniture to get the lowest number they can to keep the sheep asleep. They've been doing it for several decades now. The real inflation rate is well into the double digits (using previous methods of calculation).

Here's the kicker, people have this idea and notion that prices will "return." That's not how inflation works. The only way we'll see an average across the board decrease in prices is with a massive contraction (i.e. a recession) or if the Federal Reserve rapidly and harshly increases interest rates (as in like, bumping the prime to double digits) which they'll never do because it'll kill the economy and put us in recession.

In any case, except for very specific items and markets, prices aren't coming back down. We may see a slow down in INCREASES, but we're not going back to the way it was, not without a huge painful recession.

And the chip shortage isn't set to even catch up to yesterday's demand for a couple more years, let alone the march of increased demand we see not only from consumers wanting more, more people, etc, but from the fact that there's chips in everything now from vacuum cleaners to drones. It's going to be some time before we see a catch up from the chip makers.

That means, buy it now. A difficult concept is that when inflation is bad, it's GOOD to be in debt (as long as it's fixed debt). The more debt you're in, the lower the actual cost of that debt every day the dollar gets weaker.

So, as long as your not worried about losing your job in the upcoming "correction" buy away, buy now. It's not going to get any better and even if it does, it'll be a short lived blip on the march toward ever increasing prices for just about everything.
Very well said. I still hold my view as to who is mostly to blame. But I'll just get censored again.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I wouldn’t pay ADM for a car ever. The economy is way too volatile right now. If one more thing happens that raises gas prices and the economy keeps with its current forecasted down turn I think most people would think twice about getting into a GT500 and it will be easier to get into a gt500.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Very well said. I still hold my view as to who is mostly to blame. But I'll just get censored again.
I'll blame the left and their captives (aka Democrats) for what we're seeing with fuel and fossil industries. That's pretty square.

But the bigger inflationary pressure on the dollar is BOTH Republicans and Democrats. Remember, it was BUSH who signed the first "TARP" rescue before Obama took to the baton in did several more rounds and it was TRUMP who signed the first stimulus bill associated with Covid.

A true objective look at things. It doesn't matter who's in charge, either in the White House or the Congress. They ALL spend and continue to break their predecessors records. When Democrats are in charge, Republicans moan about debt and deficits and fiscal responsibility. When Republicans are in charge, Republican voters stay silent while Democrats moan about wars. Rinse repeat.

The banks honestly do not care, which is why they fund and back both camps. As long as we're borrowing, they don't care if it's warfare or welfare.

Consider this, for a time, every douchebag who took a college course or listened to a hollywood liberal thought the term "military industrial complex" was some sorta "I'm smart and in the know" type term they throw around. The MIC makes pennies compared to the banks.

If you use the government's own LOWBALLED inflation rates for the 20th century, a dollar borrowed by the Federal Government in 1913 paid the banks over 33 times by 2013. And it's perpetual, because we'll never balance the budget. We'll pay perpetual interest on every dollar borrowed. So the banks do not care if it's war and bullets and bandages, or healthcare or retirement welfare or food cards at Wal Mart or foreign aid or experiments to see if male mice can get an erection after drinking beer. They just do not care. As long as we spend more than we collect, because they're going to make MASSIVE, MASSIVE amounts more than any perceived beneficiary.

The reality is, the GOP and DNC are both on the same team and it ain't your's or mine. There's politics and theater surrounding things like Covid policy and Green Policy, etc...but the substantial policy features continue no matter who's in charge. More war, more welfare, more debt, less civil liberties, more centralized control.

Who's responsible for $11 value meals? All of them. Every last one. Including Trump.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I wouldn’t pay ADM for a car ever. The economy is way too volatile right now. If one more thing happens that raises gas prices and the economy keeps with its current forecasted down turn I think most people would think twice about getting into a GT500 and it will be easier to get into a gt500.
I wouldn't bet on it. There's what, 10k 500's on planet earth as we speak? Maybe another 2-5k make it out. There's def 15k+ rich people that don't give a fuck about gas or ADMs that will scoop them.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
I just bought my GT/CS a couple weeks ago. The dealership actually honored X-plan for a Mustang on the ground

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I wouldn't bet on it. There's what, 10k 500's on planet earth as we speak? Maybe another 2-5k make it out. There's def 15k+ rich people that don't give a fuck about gas or ADMs that will scoop them.
correct there a lot of people that can afford their GT500 but I’m also betting there’s quite a few people on 84 month loans that are struggling to keep up with payments. I feel like a lot of people have gotten into purchases that they can’t truly afford because of how easy it is to get super long term loans. I bet there’s also quite a few Zl1 owners in the same boat and probably a lot of hellcat owners.

now I could be wrong but it’s what I have seen in the boat market. I see a lot of people getting into 6 figures boats who truly can’t afford them and when it currently costs 600 dollars to fill the boat up (a large chunk of many people’s weekly salary) it will make them reconsider. Of course there are those such as myself that plan for the eventualities of what would happen if the economy turned sour and still being able to afford the purchase before making purchases of this kind and those who say screw it’s only 500 bucks a month for the next decade.
Sponsored