Sponsored

Trying to buy a Shelby sucks….

Was buying your Shelby a “fun” experience?

• Total voters

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Last year I balked at paying ADM. I assumed car supply chain issues would be fixed and thought 2022 would be the year for an msrp Shelby… wrong.

Now the prices have gone up and the best offer for an order is $10k adm for a base model. I passed on this offer.

I’m sick and tired of calling every ford dealership someone recommends. Most give me the run-around, many won’t even give me a price.

I’m middle class, buying a $100,000 mustang isn’t exactly a great financial decision. But who cares life is short, however it would be nice to have my ass kissed instead of trying to charm every online salesman at every ford dealer I call. I’m almost begging them to give them a check for $99,000!

Now it looks like I’m down to searching the country for cars being delivered and having to hop on an airplane with little notice to buy a car, possibly not even in the spec I want…
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Not to be that guy, but have you tried Granger? Ask for Zack.

I thought my car was going to be totaled, deer, so I was looking for replacements. Used cars are ridiculous and just about every dealer was asking ADM on new "if they can get one"

OP
OP
Boytano

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
Yup I’m somewhere on the list with Grainger as of last October. But they only get a couple allocations. They are the leaders of online out of state sales and wish ford would give them a dozen allocations….

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
It is a matter of either being patient and wait for 2023, or more likely 2024, for supply/demand to settle out, or to hold your nose and pay up. There is no near term fix on the horizon at all.

It is ridiculous when average 3-4 year old vehicles are going for their original MSRP. I still don't have my GT ordered mid-Oct 2021 although it is sitting in a rail storage yard not far away.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And I'd like a Ford GT.

You know the process is such a pain.... and that it costs too much.....

Just because it is a "mustang" doesn't mean its for everyone.

Sorry to hear about your woes, but its a pay to play scenario. Do the best you can, find your best deal, and decide whether you can swing it or not. We are headed for a recession. The first things to go are the toys. Maybe wait a bit and buy a low miles used car instead.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
And I'd like a Ford GT.

You know the process is such a pain.... and that it costs too much.....

Just because it is a "mustang" doesn't mean its for everyone.

Sorry to hear about your woes, but its a pay to play scenario. Do the best you can, find your best deal, and decide whether you can swing it or not. We are headed for a recession. The first things to go are the toys. Maybe wait a bit and buy a low miles used car instead.
I’ll have a low miles 2020 if I ever get a 22 order filled. The used 500’s will appear just may take a while, it’s worth the wait.

SRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
Its a highly desirable ford, every single time ford makes one of these types of cars, the stealership screws everyone over and adds ADM. It doesnt help that rich people dont mind getting bent over, they wouldnt have it any other way.

Yes, I know there are dealerships that are still good with no adm, but c'mon what dealership doesnt want to get several extra thousand from the sale? I bet its 90% of dealerships have adm, doesnt matter the brand either. Just that ford stealerships are more prevalent with adm.

OP
OP
Boytano

Boytano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
I’ve come to grips with paying adm, even then it’s impossible to get someone to take my money. Well except for the 10k adm, too steep for my blood.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Lol I can't even get a kbb value on my 2020 if I wanted to trade it in. I tried a few normal routes and they can not give me a trade number because there is not enough moving around. I could never imagine trying to buy one of these things new and having to beg dealers.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
It is a matter of either being patient and wait for 2023, or more likely 2024, for supply/demand to settle out, or to hold your nose and pay up. There is no near term fix on the horizon at all.

It is ridiculous when average 3-4 year old vehicles are going for their original MSRP. I still don't have my GT ordered mid-Oct 2021 although it is sitting in a rail storage yard not far away.
23 is uncertain. There will not be a 500 when the switch gens; 2024.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I bought my Mach 1 from the largest Ford dealer in NE Alabama...maybe all of AL and I have only seen them get one GT500 allocation. I have Ford Performance in my Facebook feed and they pretty much just push the Mach 1. So yes, I think Ford made it too hard to get a 500-worst than the C8 situation. Not sure I would jump in on one mainly because the mpg is simply too low to make it a feasible daily driver, but if I could get a non-track pack at MSRP....I might consider it.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I bought my Mach 1 from the largest Ford dealer in NE Alabama...maybe all of AL and I have only seen them get one GT500 allocation. I have Ford Performance in my Facebook feed and they pretty much just push the Mach 1. So yes, I think Ford made it too hard to get a 500-worst than the C8 situation. Not sure I would jump in on one mainly because the mpg is simply too low to make it a feasible daily driver, but if I could get a non-track pack at MSRP....I might consider it.
I cant imagine why anyone would DD a 500... But I get 17.8 MPG lifetime in mine, 75% highway and I obviously don't beat on it.
Sponsored