Trying to add BLIS and Adaptive CC - BLIS is installed and ACC done

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
HUD, as in 'heads up display'? No Mustang has that, at least as far as I know. Curious what you're referring to. The closest thing to a HUD on a Mustang is a series of red LEDs that are part of the 'smart and safe' package (some folks mistake that with shift lights), which blink red when ACC radar thinks you're going to crash. Is that what you're talking about?
did you read the 7 pages of this topic? please read it first.

Phyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6
I'm getting ready to add acc to my 2015 Mustang v6 and I'm getting my ducks in a row. I have a couple of question,did any of you guys have to change out your abs module? Also did you have to take it to the dealer or could you program everything through forscan?

Phyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6
I'm going through and writing up my steps before I begin and it looks you only use 2 pins(wires) from the radar sensor. The way I have it is you plug in the pigtail (WPT-1432) and just connect HS2 CAN + to C1046 Pin 22 and HS2 Can – to C1046 Pin 23. Is this right or am I missing a lot here?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Last edited:
OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I'm going through and writing up my steps before I begin and it looks you only use 2 pins(wires) from the radar sensor. The way I have it is you plug in the pigtail (WPT-1432) and just connect HS2 CAN + to C1046 Pin 22 and HS2 Can – to C1046 Pin 23. Is this right or am I missing a lot here?
I guess, you mixed up the digits. It is either WPT-1342 or WPT-1411 (according to my workshop manual).
These are the right wires, but I would prefer correct CAN bus wiring, which means only short lines from the main wires. This means splicing in close to the sensor. It is not as difficult as it sounds. You just need to be careful what kind of connection method you use. I did have connection issues after a couple of month and was not able to identify the reason at first.

Phyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6
I guess, you mixed up the digits. It is either WPT-1342 or WPT-1411 (according to my workshop manual).
These are the right wires, but I would prefer correct CAN bus wiring, which means only short lines from the main wires. This means splicing in close to the sensor. It is not as difficult as it sounds. You just need to be careful what kind of connection method you use. I did have connection issues after a couple of month and was not able to identify the reason at first.
Thanks for getting back with me, you were right about the pigtail digits. I think i'll get a shop manual and get started on this, hopefully I won't have too many questions. Did you find the mod was worth it?

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Thanks for getting back with me, you were right about the pigtail digits. I think i'll get a shop manual and get started on this, hopefully I won't have too many questions. Did you find the mod was worth it?
ACC is the best mod I did ;-) then CTA :-)

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Glad I could help. As for the HUD, it could be power, I don't remember where the mustang HUD gets power from the factory but I followed the f150's HUD diagram and tapped power at the inside ambient air temp sensor near the drivers airbag on the right side of the steering column

Sponsored

KKJMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It's hard to get pics since its either behind the bumper or behind the dash but I wired the HS2 CAN and power for the ACC radar up front from connector C1046 (see attached) which goes to the PSCM located on the passengers side by the headlight, attached to the side of the battery junction box. Pin 22 (GN-OG) is HS2 positive, pin 23 (GY-BU) is HS2 negative, power is pin 24 (GN-VT).
HS2 CAN.png
PSCM.png
Hi, thanks for explaining where you got power and HS2 CAN - and HS2 CAN + for the sensor. Where did you get power, HS2 CAN + and HS2 CAN - for the HUD? What color wires? I'm looking at tapping in just prior to C212. Is that what you used and/or is it workable? Thanks!

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hi, thanks for explaining where you got power and HS2 CAN - and HS2 CAN + for the sensor. Where did you get power, HS2 CAN + and HS2 CAN - for the HUD? What color wires? I'm looking at tapping in just prior to C212. Is that what you used and/or is it workable? Thanks!
Did you ever get clarification on this?
Sponsored