Trying to add BLIS and Adaptive CC - BLIS is installed and ACC done

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
hello im trying to add blis to my mustang almost have all the parts just a little confused on how to wire from the oem mirror with blis i know it has JST 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S pigtails that go into the mirror but do i take the wires from the sensors and connect it to that pigtail? or do the wires go to the harness in the door if so what wires do you use on JST 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S and what does it connect too please and thank you been wanting to finish this mod and its been driving me nuts.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hello Ruben
sadly there are no wires in the wiring harness. Not in the door and not in the car itself. You have to add the additional wire from the sensor back to the mirror yourself.
There are two tricky places: getting the wire into the mirror, because you have to take your mirror apart and the mirror is not that easy to disassemble and secondly the door connector. I added the missing terminals from a spare wire harness I found on eBay, but some people simply just pushed a wire through an empty place in the connector where there was no terminal.

Hope this helps a bit.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
Hello Ruben
sadly there are no wires in the wiring harness. Not in the door and not in the car itself. You have to add the additional wire from the sensor back to the mirror yourself.
There are two tricky places: getting the wire into the mirror, because you have to take your mirror apart and the mirror is not that easy to disassemble and secondly the door connector. I added the missing terminals from a spare wire harness I found on eBay, but some people simply just pushed a wire through an empty place in the connector where there was no terminal.

Hope this helps a bit.
thank you it does but where im getting confused is where the wires from the sensor connect to the door connector with some terminals in any holes in the door connector where there is a hole? like it doesnt go in any specific hole and then do you run those same wires to the mirror to connect the blis? or is the oem mirror with blis some other totally different wires i have to make using the 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S pigtail and if so i just wire a power and a ground to that and what goes on the other end?sorry this is the part that has me confused everything else i think i have figured out.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
thank you it does but where im getting confused is where the wires from the sensor connect to the door connector with some terminals in any holes in the door connector where there is a hole? like it doesnt go in any specific hole and then do you run those same wires to the mirror to connect the blis? or is the oem mirror with blis some other totally different wires i have to make using the 02R-JWPF-VSLE-S pigtail and if so i just wire a power and a ground to that and what goes on the other end?sorry this is the part that has me confused everything else i think i have figured out.
i've just managed this on my UK mustang, its very tricky but you need to take the mirror off and use a cable tie to post through the top or bottom of the mirror, once you've managed to have the cable tie poking out each end, tape the wire to the cable tie and pull it through.

IMG_20201023_110539.jpg

whilst the mirror is out the car, tap the negative of the LED straight into the black wire on the mirror harness as this is the ground for the whole mirror.

IMG_20201017_130703.jpg

put the mirror back on the car and run the wires together down the inside of the door towards the rubber boot, pull the wire through the rubber boot, i then drilled a hole the size of the LED power wire to run a continuous wire into the cabin then used a connector to connect to the BLIS LED power out to the door.

IMG_20201017_133858.jpg

Sponsored

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
What gauge wires were you guys using for pigtail that goes into mirror im using 22 and they seem to fit but when i connext the pigtail to the mirror the wires come out

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
What gauge wires were you guys using for pigtail that goes into mirror im using 22 and they seem to fit but when i connext the pigtail to the mirror the wires come out
i did the same its a nightmare, in the end used hot glue to keep it in place, i should have used a different wire that fit

AequitasVeritas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I think you would want 18 gauge especially over the long distances the electricity has to cover. 18 is still pretty small but a lot bigger then 22.

Silverbullet4u

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Trying to complete my blis on 2015 mustang. Have a dtc for invalied response from tcm. I suspect the donor modules were from a auto and I have a manual. Anyone know how to fix this in forscan. Any help would be great. Thanks

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible

Sponsored

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Last edited:

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello! Anyone knows part numbers of HUD from GT350 with Perfomance shift indicator? NOT ACC and FCW.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
HUD, as in 'heads up display'? No Mustang has that, at least as far as I know. Curious what you're referring to. The closest thing to a HUD on a Mustang is a series of red LEDs that are part of the 'smart and safe' package (some folks mistake that with shift lights), which blink red when ACC radar thinks you're going to crash. Is that what you're talking about?
Sponsored