Sponsored

Trunk wont pop open ?

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Just a few hundred km out of warranty it decided not to pop open anymore. Neither key fob, dash button or trunk button will pop it. when pressing key fob the tail lights do blink but no pop. Any thoughts? My rearview camera did stop working about 3 months into ownership wondering if its related to the harness since theyre in a similar area :shrug:
Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Drop the rear seats and climb into the trunk from the rear seat area and pull the emergency open trunk handle in the trunk and open the trunk. Maybe you got a hung latch or something.

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Drop the rear seats and climb into the trunk from the rear seat area and pull the emergency open trunk handle in the trunk and open the trunk. Maybe you got a hung latch or something.
Did that. Zip tied a little rope so I can pull it if ever need be from the back seat... . Pops open when pulled. Seems electrical no pop or click. Ill pull the panel on the trunk lid and check the harness and report back. Read in a different post it was the solenoid... would seem to be. I do use the trunk at least 2x daily to and from work... solid 2.5 years straight so it’s definitely being used often.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Most likely culprit is that harness, quite a few people have broken wires in there from it being pulled so tighly when the trunk if fully open. The trunk light is in that harness too so could be another symptom if your light is out or intermittently out. Besides the camera which you know about.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Mine just stopped opening today. Tail Lights flash, but no pop. When pressing trunk release button in cabin, I can hear a click coming from the glove box. I'm just out of bumper to bumper warranty too and it's a freaking convertible, so I can't drop the rear seats to climb into the trunk :frusty: