car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
My trunk wont unlock sometimes - not consistent. This morning it would not open by the remote , lock on the back and the button in the car. Then an hour or two later works perfectly. If I take it to the dealer I'm sure it will work perfectly.
Anyone had the problem or got a fix?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My trunk wont unlock sometimes - not consistent. This morning it would not open by the remote , lock on the back and the button in the car. Then an hour or two later works perfectly. If I take it to the dealer I'm sure it will work perfectly.
Anyone had the problem or got a fix?
Sounds like a pinched/shorted wire in the bundle going into the trunk lid. Known issues on earlier cars, even a TSB. Thought 18's were clear of this, but maybe not yours.

Here's the latest thread on this issue.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...premium-convertible-electrical-issues.138741/

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Thx for that but does the trunk lock (which is not on the lid but on the body) use the same harness?

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
The trunk latch is on the lid not the body. It is well documented about the wires breaking in the trunk lid harness from opening and closing the trunk lid. you can experience multiple symptoms from bad sat reception on the verts, Backup camera friitzzing out, to trunk lid not releasing. It was mainly on the 15 and 16 models. the harness was too short and would cause the wires to stress break from then moving when opening and closing the trunk lid. i my opinion they made the wires too small and with the Soy based insulation they are just not strong enough for the environment. I actually had the issue on my 16. Luckly it was only the Camera that was affected.

Reactions: car
OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018