JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
How much did you put into this?

Did you have the tech package with the subwoofer or did you alter the standard system?

How does it sound?

The speaker system is my least favorite part about these cars and I’m a huge audiophile.

The bass is so weak.

I remember the first time I heard the 12 speaker system with the subwoofer in ny Dad’s hellcat, then I heard the system in my 2019 5.0 (same system in the 500s tech pack) and man … disappointment doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Did you do this install? Looks awesome! More pics and info please!

Sponsored

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much did you put into this?

Did you have the tech package with the subwoofer or did you alter the standard system?

How does it sound?

The speaker system is my least favorite part about these cars and I’m a huge audiophile.

The bass is so weak.

I remember the first time I heard the 12 speaker system with the subwoofer in ny Dad’s hellcat, then I heard the system in my 2019 5.0 (same system in the 500s tech pack) and man … disappointment doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings.

Sounds Amazing.
I'm running
3-Way Hertz Legends Components Active in the Front
2-Way Hertz Legends Components in the rear.
2x JL Audio 12TW3 Subs
2x JL Audio VXi 800/8 Amps
1x JL Audio VXi 1000/1 Amp

a lot of custom install work. All the stuff was done custom at a shop here in So.Cal. and the install was a guy that did a lot of custom work for West Coast Customs.

I'll post more photos once the car comes back in 2 weeks from PPF and coating.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sounds Amazing.
I'm running
3-Way Hertz Legends Components Active in the Front
2-Way Hertz Legends Components in the rear.
2x JL Audio 12TW3 Subs
2x JL Audio VXi 800/8 Amps
1x JL Audio VXi 1000/1 Amp

a lot of custom install work. All the stuff was done custom at a shop here in So.Cal. and the install was a guy that did a lot of custom work for West Coast Customs.

I'll post more photos once the car comes back in 2 weeks from PPF and coating.
Curious why you have two 8 channel amps instead of an 8 and a 4? I’m using the 700/5 and 400/4 to cover my components and rear coaxial although I’m running my rears with passive crossovers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Curious why you have two 8 channel amps instead of an 8 and a 4? I’m using the 700/5 and 400/4 to cover my components and rear coaxial although I’m running my rears with passive crossovers.

Both the 8ch. amps are running bridged giving me a total of 8 Channels. running the 3-ways up front as Active takes 6 Channels and the other 2 Channels are running the Rear components in passive set up with crossovers. SO all 8 channels are used.

On the Amp rack you can see the 2 crossovers for the rear speakers.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Both the 8ch. amps are running bridged giving me a total of 8 Channels. running the 3-ways up front as Active takes 6 Channels and the other 2 Channels are running the Rear components in passive set up with crossovers. SO all 8 channels are used.

On the Amp rack you can see the 2 crossovers for the rear speakers.
Ah ok, now it makes sense. Those must be some seriously powerful components! I’m gonna run JL Audio C5 components and Coaxials in the same configuration but they only need 75 watts RMS.