Truck and Mustang stolens from Marriot in NC

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Google Carl La Munyan Mustangs stolen. Help this brother out if you see something. He lost his truck, trailer and 3 stangs from a Marriott in NC.
Sponsored

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
A picture I have……
9435DA6B-E0AC-442C-86A9-F49D9963D99E.png
D8CCBD48-F31B-4209-9346-8FC53FFF4A08.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's not the first time a rig with Muscle cars has been stolen from a hotel parking lot out that way.... used to happen frequently with the Fox 5.0's during events... talking the whole rig, truck, trailers and the contents of the trailers... G-O-N-E....

It's a Pro thieves who case those lots - they know what they are looking for, they do it quick and unfortunately half of the time there are never any good results.... Sometimes the rig or trailer is found abandoned... but as for the cars, they're usually stripped, parted or already tucked away in some storage container going somewhere...

Damn shame - get this posted on every forum possible and social media... that's the only way to hoping someone sees the stuff somewhere abandoned...

Also try to get footage along ANY route going to/from that hotel lot... then you can follow the trail through highway or store front security cams to see where they might have gone (direction). Even if there are tolls - toll booths usually have cams - check those too!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I passed the info and pics onto Corral.net and Svtperformance.com

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Can't steal it if it will not start.
Sucks for sure. but this happens more than it should. It is not hard to make a tow rig so it won't start.
I'd advise anyone with a tow rig/trailer and toys on it or in it. to Set up a quick connect to a part that if removed the truck will not start. taking a minute or two in a lot pulling the a relay or fuse or a sensor. is well worth the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thanks. I don’t know this guy but I am sure he needs all the help and prayers in the world right now. Even with insurance, this is a nightmare.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Can't steal it if it will not start.
Sucks for sure. but this happens more than it should. It is not hard to make a tow rig so it won't start.
I'd advise anyone with a tow rig/trailer and toys on it or in it. to Set up a quick connect to a part that if removed the truck will not start. taking a minute or two in a lot pulling the a relay or fuse or a sensor. is well worth the time.
... even the tow rig is worth $$$ in diesel parts. I bet a heavy duty wrecker literally picked up the front end of that F350 with some custom rear wheel dollies and the whole shebang is gone in 60 seconds. Freekin' shame, but I agree... stripped for parts. Damn shame.

Is that two GT500s on the back??? :surprised:

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
... even the tow rig is worth $$$ in diesel parts. I bet a heavy duty wrecker literally picked up the front end of that F350 with some custom rear wheel dollies and the whole shebang is gone in 60 seconds. Freekin' shame, but I agree... stripped for parts. Damn shame.

Is that two GT500s on the back??? :surprised:
I would say it's much more likely they got the tow truck started and drove it away. It's not impossible to tow a truck with a fifth wheel trailer attached, but it's much more "wtf is happening over there?" (to a bystander or a cop) than just a HD truck with a toy hauler on the back driving down the street.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I would say it's much more likely they got the tow truck started and drove it away. It's not impossible to tow a truck with a fifth wheel trailer attached, but it's much more "wtf is happening over there?" (to a bystander or a cop) than just a HD truck with a toy hauler on the back driving down the street.
... you know this makes sense. I heard recently about the ease a skilled person with some software can get into some vehicles WITHOUT the key!

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
If they want it, they will get it. No matter the size.

Insurance and don't leave anything in the cars or trucks you can't afford to lose. Not easy for sure.

Trailering and staying in motels always concerns me.

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
If they want it, they will get it. No matter the size.

Insurance and don't leave anything in the cars or trucks you can't afford to lose. Not easy for sure.

Trailering and staying in motels always concerns me.
Yeah, me too. When my son and I picked up his foxbody 5.0, we slept in the truck. Passenger literally rode shotgun for the 20+ hour trip (Remington 870 tactical and a Churchill 12 Ga. loaded and ready).
20210901_144838.jpg

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Yeah, me too. When my son and I picked up his foxbody 5.0, we slept in the truck. Passenger literally rode shotgun for the 20+ hour trip (Remington 870 tactical and a Churchill 12 Ga. loaded and ready).
20210901_144838.jpg
Its unfortunate that people can’t leave others property alone! If they want to pay the price of their life for stealing. Then that’s the choice made.

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
20210901_144838.jpg
Nice Foxbody…details and more pics!

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I recently foiled a hijacking of my 3/4 truck, enclosed trailer, and '65 very low two digit concours quality GT350 (best in the country; wearing completely unobtainable NOS blackwalls that were on the first sixty cars), after a major showing. Won't get into details - saving secrecy for any future attempts. Tried to alert and inform a very well known classic car insurance company in order to educate others on how I did it - to no avail as no one was interested, confirmed by no call back, irrespective of their publicly stated self-interest in occurrences like this. No suprise, as since cliche's are truism's, as in "talk is cheap".

My recommendation to fellow car guys:
It's ugly out there these days. No matter whether your treasured car(s) are parked at a show, your residence, on a transporter, etc., you the owner had better be very, very well prepared and equipped to handle any theft occurrence. Due to criminals having essentially a free run of the land you cannot be prepared enough, i.e. strategy wise, recognition of risk (not the vehicle; but the geographic logistical and community dangers), potential options for solutions, solution equipment options, etc. I have no personal police/military experience, just being a pleasantly paranoid individual, also having grown up around bad neighborhoods in questionable (at best) cities.

Doubt really that most will pay attention of give serious thought to what can occur these days.

Last edited:

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
All I can say is I'm glad I live where I do. There's definitely crime here, but they're typically not sophisticated attempts and are usually more interested in stealing ATVs and such than cars and trucks.
Sponsored