Sponsored

TripleCare Ford Extended Service care for wheels on 350R?

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
SORRY! I created the thread under GT500 instead of 350... Mods, can you please move it?

Hey Guys,

Anyone bought this TripleCare Exended service care for their 350R?

Here's the brochure:
https://fordprotect.ford.com/media//brochure/default/64172_682B_FordTripleBro_2017_v2.pdf

and here's the website: https://fordprotect.ford.com/triplecare

It's around 800$ and it "should" cover the wheels, tires, small dents and windshield chips... My question is, does it actually cover the Curb rash on the CF wheels, or something along those lines?

I don't know if anyone actually had to use it for getting the wheels fixed/repaired?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don't think it will cover curb rash unless it is so bad that it makes the wheel structurally unsafe. I'd be more worried about the rocks getting wedged between the wheel and the caliper.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
There is a set of GT350R CF wheels and tires listed in Houston Craigslist for $1200 if anyone is interested.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is a set of GT350R CF wheels and tires listed in Houston Craigslist for $1200 if anyone is interested.
I didn't see them. Link?

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
In most states, your windshield is covered under your comprehensive insurance, and at least in the three states I've lived in, replacements are free (no deductible). I did buy the wheel/tire warranty (not necessarily THIS coverage specifically) from my dealer when I bought my car. For $500, I've received four brand new rear tires, due to nails and screws. That paid off well, and covers aftermarket wheels and tires for the first five years of ownership. That said, it does not cover cosmetic damage, and while you might be able to make a case that curb rash or *any* damage to a carbon fiber wheel might be structural, they won't cover it. It's pretty clear that this warranty also limits damage to structural damage only, and it does not cover damage from a construction zone. The only way you're going to get them to cover curb rash is if you seriously fuxxored the wheel and the structure is cracked. It'll take some big time knocks to do that.

Still, for the cost of tires on these cars, as well as the rims, it's well worth it, especially if you live in an area where there is a lot of new home construction, trucks, etc. Charleston is notorious for 18 wheelers, due to the ports, and dump trucks and nails, due to the constant new home construction. I've taken so many nails in my tires that I've lost count. I've even taken a cut off wrench in a tire!

JR
Sponsored