Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the issue with concrete ?

WD :like:
To be honest, it’s not really an issue with modern batteries. I come from a line of career mechanics, and it was drilled into my head over the years how moisture in concrete can draw a charge from a battery, if left long enough. Today’s batteries have more advanced plastics, and the cells themselves are much improved, or different, so it’s not so much of a big no-no anymore. I just heard it so much, I still practice placing them on wood.

My dad is smiling down on me right now for this post, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Funny Jaime, but I had the same thought. Grew up learning the hard way but unlike yours, my Dad was dangerous with a screw driver, God love him. He loved his cars and washed the snot out of them but he was about as far away from being a mechanic as my wife. :cool:

Thanks for the heartwarming post, amigo. Meanwhile, how about this "charcoal" effect?

KB

1606298837338.png

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest, it’s not really an issue with modern batterie. I come from a line of career mechanics, and it was drilled into my head over the years how moisture in concrete can draw a charge from a battery, if left long enough. Today’s batteries have more advanced plastics, and the cells themselves are much improved, or different, so it’s not so much of a big no-no anymore. I just heard it so much, I still practice placing them on wood.

My dad is smiling down on me right now for this post, lol.
Cool, I'm glad its more of a tradition than a requirement - and I am all for tradition, especially when its family related :like:

There should be no issues with a modern polypropylene / heat sealed box and lid set.

Even with the older resin rubber / bitumen sealed boxes, I have only seen issues when there has been underlying mechanical damage (which resin rubber can hide very well, but still allow a tracking path).

WD :like:

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
PSA ... the entire NOCO line is steeply discounted at Amazon right now for Cyber Monday. Just picked up a couple of trickle chargers and their big battery jump starter.
Sponsored