Sponsored

Tremec Swap: Getting lots of heat coming into cabin by shifter/cup holders

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As the title says, recently had a tremec swap done on my 17' GT. I've noticed when my windows are down i'm getting lots of heat coming through the shift boot area + the cup holders to the point that it gets very hot to the touch and feels like the heat is on. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is the rubber boot all the way in the metal transmission tunnel? I had my transmission repaired by a Ford dealership and when I go tit back the same thing happened to me. Shifter area and cup holders were very hot to the touch. Sides of the tunnel were hot to the touch. When I took the middle console piece out to visually inspect it, the thick rubber boot was only partially tucked into the tunnel opening. I fixed that and it hasn't got hot at all in those areas.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the rubber boot all the way in the metal transmission tunnel? I had my transmission repaired by a Ford dealership and when I go tit back the same thing happened to me. Shifter area and cup holders were very hot to the touch. Sides of the tunnel were hot to the touch. When I took the middle console piece out to visually inspect it, the thick rubber boot was only partially tucked into the tunnel opening. I fixed that and it hasn't got hot at all in those areas.

Thanks, i'll have to check that out and inspect. Especially with the Florida heat coming it's BRUTAL. and I much rather crusie w/ my windows open then the AC and windows closed.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
The factory boot is attached to the shifter for the MT82, so most likely whoever did your swap left you without a rubber boot around the Tremec shifter. MGW makes a boot for their MT82 shifter that will work on the T56. I ordered one from them and have it installed in my T56 swap car.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The factory boot is attached to the shifter for the MT82, so most likely whoever did your swap left you without a rubber boot around the Tremec shifter. MGW makes a boot for their MT82 shifter that will work on the T56. I ordered one from them and have it installed in my T56 swap car.
thanks for the info!
Sponsored