Sponsored

Transporting GT350R seat delete panel in car?

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hey guys,
I found an opportunity I couldn't pass to purchase a new GT350R. I have never seen or driven a GT350R or GT350 before, so I realize this question may seem strange. The car is in a different state, and I'd like to also purchase the rear seat kit as the car will spend more time on the street than the track. If I have the dealer install the rear seat, can the delete panel still fit inside the car anyway for when the car is shipped back to my home state? It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to have the rear seat installed at the dealer only because I'll be using the car for a week in the dealer's state before later flying home, and would like to be able to carry more than one friend around with me during the trip. I'll then be shipping the car back home, so I'd like to be able to have the delete panel inside the car somehow for when it's shipped back to me. Is it flexible enough and sized in such a way that it could be stored inside the car before the car gets shipped back to me?

Thanks!
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I don't know for a fact, but I believe it would fit with the rear seats down. The limiting factor in these things is always length and trying to get it either in through the trunk or behind the leaned forward seat. The panel is somewhat flexible though.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I installed the R model RSD and will say it was a close fit with the rear seats out. Front seats all the way forward, the delete panel slipped in with it rotated towards the front a few degrees. If I were you I' d be sure to tell the dealer that if they cant get the panel to slide in to hold onto it until you could pick it up. If they squeeze it too much it may crack.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Thanks guys, the issue though is the dealer is 1500 miles from where I live. So if I they weren't able to squeeze it back into the car they'd have to ship the panel to me. Given that I'm picking the car up on Tuesday or Wednesday, even having them acquire and install the rear seat at this point would be tough schedule-wise, so I may just order and install the seat myself back in Boston.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's what I would do if I were you.
Sponsored