icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Hey all,
Many of us have ordered outside of California and ended up ordering from the Midwest all the way out to the East coast.

My car is at my dealer NOW, but I am having a hard time finding available transport before January 4th. This leaves my car sitting in the Midwest on my dealer’s lot until then.

So I am wondering how many are in the same boat and/or expect their car to hit their out of state dealer just after the new year?

I am currently booked with Inter City Lines (recommended by krt22 and Jay Leno), but not scheduled. http://www.intercitylines.com/
I am also not guaranteed my car would be picked up until they book more cars headed to the West Coast.

Questions:
1. Anyone already have a transport headed to the West coast that has space (that you know of) that can pick up an extra car? ToddF’s, the “snakes everywhere” car, transport is already full. :(
I would like to get my car on a covered trailer with an elevator lift.

2. Anyone want to sign-up with Inter City so we can hope to get scheduled Jan 3rd/4th and on the same transport?
Maybe we can setup a couple drop off locations so we can all get our cars at the same time and maybe get some kind of discount?
Sponsored

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I'd love to get our cars on the same truck. Mine will arrive in New York by Dec. 29th (en route from factory now) and then will need to be brought out here to me. San Jose dropoff point would work fine for me, especially if it got us a discount!

I have a few quotes I was already considering but intending to call Inter City tomorrow anyway for comparison. What sort of pricing did they give you?

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to get our cars on the same truck. Mine will arrive in New York by Dec. 29th (en route from factory now) and then will need to be brought out here to me. San Jose dropoff point would work fine for me, especially if it got us a discount!

I have a few quotes I was already considering but intending to call Inter City tomorrow anyway for comparison. What sort of pricing did they give you?
I sent you an IM for $$ details.

If it doesn't work out with Inter City... let me know if any you have quotes for might have extra space to pick up my car? I just want to make sure they have covered transport with an elevator lift. :cheers:

oh, I don't mind driving short distances around the Bay Area. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Unfortunately my car isn't likely due to arrive until feb. intercity with the rennlist discount was the cheapest well reviewed carrier I found. Reliable carriers was next but a few hundred more. I'm sure you can workout a better price if you can get a few cars with a common drop off point.

I have one other lead, I'll PM you guys once I get more solid info

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Mines coming from Texas but not till February. I planned to use reliable but my get a quote from intercity.

Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I would fly out and drive that thing back....would be an awesome trip...

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It would be but the amount of road damge you'd get you might be wishing you transported. After driving two vehicles very carefully halfway across the country and still getting plenty of road rash..transport is the only way to go for me.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Gonna get road rash no matter where you drive it....unless you're a collector and park in a garage

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg

That's what I'm doing. :headbang: Got about a 2400 mi. drive coming up. Hopefully right after Xmas. Can't wait.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
This WAS my original plan if my car was delayed into spring. I was going to take a few weeks off work and hit a few states along the way... Dakotas, Montana, Idaho, maybe Washington, and on down through Oregon (maybe visit some friends and family). :thumbsup:

However, I am from California and I do not know how to drive in the ICE and SNOW that's in the forecast for this weekend-next week. :shrug:

Plus Christmas is right around the corner and my wife would kill me if I didn't get some stuff done around the house before then. :doh: :(

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah going over the donner pass (and rockies) in a 526hp rwd car with huge summer tires during a winter storm would be quite dicey. You would also turn the front end into swiss cheese if that did happen with all the sand they use on the roads up there.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah going over the donner pass (and rockies) in a 526hp rwd car with huge summer tires during a winter storm would be quite dicey. You would also turn the front end into swiss cheese if that did happen with all the sand they use on the roads up there.
Not to mention the REQUIRED chains that would need to be put on if it was snowing. Chains, that as far as I know, would not fit and probably void some kind of Ford warranty :doh:

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
You guys could always take the southern route, no snow, and clear 10 freeway....it's a great drive, did it when I got out of the Air Force...I've driven every inch of the 10 from Florida to the coast of Cali

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
You guys could always take the southern route, no snow, and clear 10 freeway....it's a great drive, did it when I got out of the Air Force...I've driven every inch of the 10 from Florida to the coast of Cali
I thought about that route too. Adds almost 800 miles to my already 1800. :doh:

I have done that route as well Hwy 20 and Hwy 40. I did like 40 the best, but it still adds too many miles and I am short on time. :(

Thought about going through Utah Hwy15 , but looks like snow through there as well. :frusty:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Or we could pony up and have it sent in an enclosed carrier and not worry about it. I assure you most of us have weighed all the options and decided which was best for us, but please go ahead and make another suggestion on how we should spend our time and money :thumbsup:
Sponsored