Transport to the West Coast?

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Or we could pony up and have it sent in an enclosed carrier and not worry about it. I assure you most of us have weighed all the options and decided which was best for us, but please go ahead and make another suggestion on how we should spend our time and money :thumbsup:
Sorry about that, I thought this was a discussion....:thumbsup:
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sorry about that, I thought this was a discussion....:thumbsup:
No worries, if the topic was "how would you get your car home" I would understand it a bit more. I've also already been heckled more than once for choosing to transport my car vs driving it, gets a bit old to debate decisions that have already been made. :cheers:

Here are two other to try if you want to see if their scheduling is better

JP logistics
plycar

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
No worries, if the topic was "how would you get your car home" I would understand it a bit more. I've also already been heckled more than once for choosing to transport my car vs driving it, gets a bit old to debate decisions that have already been made. :cheers:

Here are two other to try if you want to see if their scheduling is better

JP logistics
plycar
Actually a good friend of mine suggested JP since they transported his Murciélago a few years back. I tried getting a hold of them several times, but they never responded. :(
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned "Ford" in each correspondence? :doh:

Plycar: Todd (the snakes everywhere) has his car making it's way to the PacNorthWest and I tried to get in on his transport, but it was full. That would have been sweet!! Very quick response from them as well... maybe less than 10 minutes after shooting an email and calling. Though they did quote me $800 more than the transports I mention next...

I ended up booking with Passport Transport. Referred by one of our most helpful of members, Ruben/shelby_r. The contact he gave me responded about 5 minutes after I left him a voice mail and email. Ben and I talked for some time. They had the same type of transports I was hoping for with InterCity. It just happened that they have a truck headed towards my dealer and is also headed out to the California SFBay Area just before New Year. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I should mention... Inter City Transport was my first choice and Roy had been great!! However, being Christmas and New Year... they really care about their small fleet of drivers and give them the full time off. I told Roy that I thought that was awesome and felt bad that I went with someone else. Though I did tell him there are several folks here in California that may end up going Inter City come late Jan early Feb. :thumbsup:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Good deal, looking forward to seeing more around the area.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I should mention... Inter City Transport was my first choice and Roy had been great!! However, being Christmas and New Year... they really care about their small fleet of drivers and give them the full time off. I told Roy that I thought that was awesome and felt bad that I went with someone else. Though I did tell him there are several folks here in California that may end up going Inter City come late Jan early Feb. :thumbsup:
Definitely going to get quote from them after reading that.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
... and it's on the way! :)

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Might arrive before my dealer can retrieve mine from 20 miles away :doh:

Godspeed.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Arrived in San Jose today ~noon.
8.2 miles on OD.

Now I just need to find a local dealer tomorrow to get it out of Transport Mode. That shouldn't cost anything, right?

Safe at home.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I think you can take it out of transport mode yourself. I recall reading a post somewhere on the intarweb on how to take other ford models out of transport mode. I think a little creative googling should turn up something.

Congrats on getting your car! She's a beaut.

[ame]

Sponsored

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
To get out of transport mode - Key on then tap the brake 5 times followed by hazards 2 times - thats all you need to do!

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
transport mode disabling is part of PDI, dont US dealers do that before you take the car? in canada its a must for dealer to get that done before customer takes ownership.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Arrived in San Jose today ~noon.
8.2 miles on OD.

Now I just need to find a local dealer tomorrow to get it out of Transport Mode. That shouldn't cost anything, right?
This is something I've heard works.
Try this and let everyone know if it works, With doors closed turn on ignition but don't start it, press the brake 5 times then toggle hazard switch 5 times, Turn off ignition, turn ignition on and check to see if it took it out of transport mode.

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black G0094
Congrats on getting your car. Looks like it was a quick delivery after it was picked up. Great color!

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
To get out of transport mode - Key on then tap the brake 5 times followed by hazards 2 times - thats all you need to do!
It worked, but you knew that. ;)
Thank you!!! :) :cheers:

Brake 5x + 2x hazards worked, but the 5x + 5x did not.

Going 5x on the Hazards put it into checking the TPS or something.
Sponsored