Sponsored

Transmission Replaced Under Warranty - Concerns

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I'm looking at purchasing an 18 Mustang and I came across one that checks many of my boxes. However, it is listed as a manual even though it has an auto transmission in the pictures (major online car dealership). When I look at the Carfax report, it says that the trans was replaced under warranty and at a Ford dealership.

Question is, is it possible that the car came with a manual and was swapped to an auto under warranty when it failed? I can't find the window sticker anywhere but everywhere I check it says that it was originally built with a manual trans. I don't know Ford would approve that but I wanted to know if any of you have come across something like this and/or if you would stay away from it. The trans was replaced at 10k miles and the car has now 24k miles. There were also no indicators of any other repairs on the Carfax report.
Sponsored

Chrizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
71 Torino GT, 17 MKZ 3.0T, 2020 GT PP1
if you get me a vin number, i can pull an original window sticker for you

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No, warranty would never allow for such a swap to happen. Ton of work and replaced parts.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's most likely a Dealer Salesperson blunder when they entered the advertisement for the car - happens a lot.

Ford would never do a trans swap as a Warranty repair.

If the car is at a Ford Dealership, you can tell then you want to see the OASIS Report. That will tell you everything about the car As Built, including any warranty repairs or maintenance work completed by any Ford Dealership.

OP
OP

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Update: I got to see the WS and it turned out it was a 10a. For some reason, the system is picking up that VIN as having a manual even though it came with an auto from the factory. Thank you all.
Sponsored