barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
How in the world does this transmission reinstall? It seems the bellhousing wants to bottom out on the underside of the car before the input shaft is in line with the splines on the clutch. I would hate to drop the subframe. Any suggestions:frusty:?
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lift the front of the motor up to allow more room for the bell housing to clear the tunnel.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lift the front of the motor up to allow more room for the bell housing to clear the tunnel.
I agree with this. I was able to pull downward on the rear of the headers and tip the engine that way. The motor mounts are fairly soft in how much front/rear tipping of the engine they allow. I also found that rolling the transmission longitudinally to get it in place helped.

Position two floor jacks on the transmission. One near the front with the jack handle toward the front of the car, and the second jack near the rear of the transmission with the handle towards the rear of the car. That helps because you can control the exact angle of the transmission as you are matching it up with the engine.

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
This is common as others have said. You need to tilt the motor back to allow more room. You can do this by jacking the front of the engine but you need to do this very carefully as you DO NOT need that much force to cause the engine to tilt down in the back.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This is common as others have said. You need to tilt the motor back to allow more room. You can do this by jacking the front of the engine but you need to do this very carefully as you DO NOT need that much force to cause the engine to tilt down in the back.
You definitely don't want to damage the motor mounts!

Sponsored

OP
OP
barstowpo

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses. I saw Hack's original thread from his installation. Too bad the pictures are all gone. I'm going to take another stab at it Saturday. Scares me using jacks on the transmission instead of my transmission jack but I will have more hands then.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thanks for the responses. I saw Hack's original thread from his installation. Too bad the pictures are all gone. I'm going to take another stab at it Saturday. Scares me using jacks on the transmission instead of my transmission jack but I will have more hands then.
Yeah - I'm sorry about that. Photobucket... :tsk:

OP
OP
barstowpo

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
I got my transmission all buttoned up with no issues. Well no issues other than it is really a tight fit and it is a bit difficult without a lift. I'm also not as spry as I used to be so I needed a couple of extra pairs of hands. Thanks to Hack and Cooltech for the suggestions. With the engine tilted back and a floor jack instead of a trans jack it went right in. I had one bolt and nutsert left over from the Ford kit. I see no place to really put them. I also found some pushpins omitted from the factory in the grill area. I;m amazed how much cooler the trans runs now. I'm also amazed how little fluid is in the system.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I got my transmission all buttoned up with no issues. Well no issues other than it is really a tight fit and it is a bit difficult without a lift. I'm also not as spry as I used to be so I needed a couple of extra pairs of hands. Thanks to Hack and Cooltech for the suggestions. With the engine tilted back and a floor jack instead of a trans jack it went right in. I had one bolt and nutsert left over from the Ford kit. I see no place to really put them. I also found some pushpins omitted from the factory in the grill area. I;m amazed how much cooler the trans runs now. I'm also amazed how little fluid is in the system.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Don't forget to change your 'Drives' description :headbang:

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Just did this install this weekend, I found 2 jacks helped and having the engine straight , not angled was the way to slide everything together.
Sponsored