Sponsored

Transfered WAZE from one cell phone to another, now it won't work.

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
Sorry, but I haven't found this in the search function.

Yesterday, I switched my software from the phone I had been using without any problems, to the same model phone since the charging port had stopped working on Phone 1 (LG Q40 Thin). Phone 2, the same model phone, did the usual software transfer between phones, including WAZE.

Every other sync feature works, Amazon music, Google Maps, etc, and the WAZE icon is on the screen, but when I press it, an error message comes up telling me that I had not set up WAZE on my phone.

The problem is that I HAD, to include logging in correctly. So, on one hand, the screen in my Mustang is telling me that WAZE hasn't been set up on my phone, while on the other hand, I can use WAZE on my phone with no problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

(I also had been using WAZE Beta, as a BETA tester, but there doesn't seem to have been any updates since February.)

I haven't tried anything, as yet. Should I delete WAZE and reinstall the standard version from Google Play, for example?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would delete the App and try again with a fresh version of the actual production App and not a Beta.

OP
OP
16RRGT

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. That looks like the plan. I'll give it a shot.

OP
OP
16RRGT

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It worked!. I was hopping to save my data, but it now functions very well... and that's good enough for me!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Similar question now that you've got yours working but is there a way to have the map's directions (say Waze or Googles Maps) that you'd entered on your Android phone (say when you're in the house) automatically transfer to the Sync3 Android Auto car's screen after connecting the phone to the car?

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
If you setup a route on your computer, and tell it to save it to your phone... in AA you need to search for that ... it's not automatic.... maybe some day it will be (4.0 maybe?)
Sponsored