trans build recommendations after roush super charger

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Got a manual 2019 with a Roush phase 2 kit.

I realized I'd probably have to buy a new clutch after the supercharger. Seems like its been wearing it down faster?because of the more power?
(grinded plenty of times since i'm driving like a maniac mostly) I don't really drop the clutch or do burnouts like that. Maybe a small handful of times honestly...

But since I have to replace the clutch eventually I'm looking to get some recommendations for a build with a little more reliability or advice on if I should look into getting a different transmission?

1. Don't have issues with "slop" or play/wigglyness with the current shifter.
2. And no issues with the way it trans shifts now..
3. Just want a fun street car that is going to be little more reliable. Not necessarily going to beat the hell out of it intentionally but just have fun.

But I definitely think its about time to start looking into the trans. Also started hearing some noises after doing a few 1st gear pulls. It's hard to reproduce but it's like when i'm already in gear and accelerating around 4k rpm in 1st or 2nd. It almost sounded like a beeping or high pitched sound. Sounds kind of like this video too though
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
seely

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Its also really jerky idk if thats my driving or related to the trans since it never really happened before the super charger.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Its also really jerky idk if thats my driving or related to the trans since it never really happened before the super charger.
I haven't upgraded tires or subframe bracing yet. If I punch it shifting 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd it hops all over the place. Could that be the jerkiness you're feeling?

I find it smoother driving with traction control off. It's at least predictable then..

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Have you found any info on roush saying you can only run a stock clutch with their calibration? I’ve emailed McLeod and they confirmed some customers with roush kits get trouble codes.
Sponsored