Sponsored

Train Horn Install/Review (Bring Ear Plugs)

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Love it man! what size is that air tank?
Sponsored

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Glad to see Hornblasters still around, I had one of their kits on my old Pathfinder and it could wake the dead!! I may need to do this again!!

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
That is some crazy shit. I would love to use them behind texting drivers and people who cut randomly.

Is this legal btw?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I know it's probably fine now, but may I highly suggest giving whatever you added to the stock ground it's own grounding point. Stock ground connections tend to ground through the bolt, not necessarily contact with the painted surface of the body metal and now that ground has to travel through your add-on probably aluminum terminal. I've repaired issues in cars that have done this very thing by restoring the factory ground.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks guys! Still one of my favorite things I've done to the car. Never ceases to amaze me when I hit that train horn. :rofl:

Love it man! what size is that air tank?
Thanks man! It's a seamless 4 gallon air tank.

That is some crazy shit. I would love to use them behind texting drivers and people who cut randomly.

Is this legal btw?
It is very useful for that! I'm not sure to be honest, I haven't been stopped yet though lol! I think it really depends on your local/county sound ordinances to answer your question.

I know it's probably fine now, but may I highly suggest giving whatever you added to the stock ground it's own grounding point. Stock ground connections tend to ground through the bolt, not necessarily contact with the painted surface of the body metal and now that ground has to travel through your add-on probably aluminum terminal. I've repaired issues in cars that have done this very thing by restoring the factory ground.
Thanks man! I'll look more into this.

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
You should have spent the extra monies and gotten a nathan airchime k5la.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Awesome install - and I saw vids of other vehicles with these things years ago - funny ass shit when people get hit with the "blast"!

Just curious since it's been on your vehicle for a bit of time now...

Where you mounted the horns, under the car as such - how have they held up to any weather conditions, more so, say rain (or puddles)? Do the horns get any water intrusion at all due to how they're mounted?

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
All fun until you run into this guy ...

:lol:

Seriously - WHY? Plenty of crazy people packing serious firepower, some with psychological issues - WHY PISS THEM OFF? ;)

:tsk:
rambo.jpg

Last edited:

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase

Seriously - WHY? Plenty of crazy people packing serious firepower, some with psychological issues - WHY PISS THEM OFF? ;)

Coz they'll be too busy tending to their bleeding ears:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Awesome install - and I saw vids of other vehicles with these things years ago - funny ass shit when people get hit with the "blast"!

Just curious since it's been on your vehicle for a bit of time now...

Where you mounted the horns, under the car as such - how have they held up to any weather conditions, more so, say rain (or puddles)? Do the horns get any water intrusion at all due to how they're mounted?
Yes sir, they've lasted great. I do believe condensation gets into the airline though because sometimes the first press after not driving for a while, it sounds a lot higher pitched. A simple water trap between the tank and train horn solenoid would fix this though.

Lol! If someone wants to pull a gone on me for that, then I guess they'll have to see the other end of my Glock as well. :ninja:

Coz they'll be too busy tending to their bleeding ears:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
Lol! :lol: