Sponsored

Train Derailment trashes new 2021 F-150's: what else was on that train?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My brother is waiting on a Transit. Hopefully his was not on there!!!!!

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
I worked for freight rail and dealt with autoracks a lot and derailments and such. The rail cars on the side, those vehicles should be paid for by NS in this case, as most freight are self insured and a derailment is the handling lines responsibility. Where they end up I have no idea though. The cars that aren’t too bad and can be re-railed easily, they will continue to the autorack offload facility. These yards usually have a repair facility on site and will go over the vehicles and repair/correct the trucks that aren’t overly jacked up. Sad thing is the buyers will never know, nothing is reported. Working on these was always cool seeing what was inside, however if you ever have the chance, choose trucking. The vehicles that go by rail are not treated kindly. Your GT500? They don’t care. Yeah, the company that offloads will see that and the 20somthings that work there hop in, rev the shit out of them and bomb out as a heads up. Be extra careful when you take delivery if you know it goes rail.

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Yeah, the company that offloads will see that and the 20somthings that work there hop in, rev the shit out of them and bomb out as a heads up.
The GT500s get delivered in delivery mode… you cannot “rev the shit out of them.”

Sponsored

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
The GT500s get delivered in delivery mode… you cannot “rev the shit out of them.”
Was just illustrating the fact that they get in, fire cars up, treat them like garbage. I don’t know the ins and outs of modes of all cars, just firsthand experience of seeing them work. Probably more abuse in the transportation miles than most owners do, that’s all.

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
I will add that this was at a very large facility in MA, and might not be indicative of the process in other places.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I will add that this was at a very large facility in MA, and might not be indicative of the process in other places.

Sounds about right for Assachusetts
Sponsored