Sponsored

Trading up to a 350R - Anything I should watch for?

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
lolā€¦well that was fun!

now you need a bad@$$ license plate to go with that ā€œahemā€ interesting chassis number šŸ˜Ž
My license plate is already "REXAROO" which is our dogs nickname. Who happens to be a black, obnoxious, kind of a pain in the ass to handle but lovable and very, very good boy.

Oh, and my VW Golf R is "BADGOLFR" hehe

Last edited:

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Well, slight change of plans but I ended up buying a gorgeous black 2019 tech pack R with the carbon interior. Chassis KR666 :devil:
493CFF59-2532-4EDE-95AD-3B3BD64A7AFF.jpeg
FFC4E0DA-8A1B-4A30-BF5E-AB6A05196F96.jpeg
I love the Black on Black, ā€œSinisterā€. But 666! šŸ’©

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
I love the Black on Black, ā€œSinisterā€. But 666! šŸ’©
I didn't think I would like the black but it's quite nice in person. Why is the chassis number šŸ’©? I'm not a religous man šŸ¤£

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I didn't think I would like the black but it's quite nice in person. Why is the chassis number šŸ’©? I'm not a religous man šŸ¤£
Good for you! Be well and Enjoy was the ride! šŸ‘ I personally couldnā€™t do it, I was born on Friday the 13th at 1:13 pm (13:13)! I have enough strikes already!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
What Charlie said...and what happened with the Ruby Red one?
Guys, I think he shouldā€™ve put up a sign that read ā€œGone Driving šŸŽšŸ’Øā€.

Wherever he is, we know he has a smile on his face. Godspeed good sir. Godspeed.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Your lack of faith and understanding what that number represents doesnā€™t make it not soā€¦Just sayinā€™.
Iā€™m not going to have a theological discussion but many would be very uneasy with that chassis number, me included.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
License plate: Lucifer !!! Do it. Do IT!!!
I can't! It's already custom lol.

1629379763329.png

1629380281957.png

Beautiful car, any back story?
Not really. An older gentleman owned it along with some other cars in his collection and it was just too much for him apparently. The brakes still seem new and tire tread doesn't have any indication of being on a track, not recently anyways. Car has under 5k miles in any case

What Charlie said...and what happened with the Ruby Red one?
A member here kind enough to go and look at it for me had some great things to say about it but enough bad things to push me away. The Ruby Red was a 2018 with 14k miles - this is a 2019 with 5k miles for only around 12% more in terms of cost than the 2018. So 12% got me 1/3 of the mileage, gen 2 voodoo, solid brake rotors, carbon interior, B&O sound, etc. And it was local so I didn't have to spend money on transport. Just seemed like the right thing to do.

Guys, I think he shouldā€™ve put up a sign that read ā€œGone Driving šŸŽšŸ’Øā€.

Wherever he is, we know he has a smile on his face. Godspeed good sir. Godspeed.
LOL just been super busy at work. I've actually been avoiding driving it for now - the only downside to this particular car was that the 5k miles it has been driven on was with no PPF/stoneguard. The bottom part of the bumper could use some refinishing if I wasn't so particular. But yeah I'm having the entire front end covered next week.

Your lack of faith and understanding what that number represents doesnā€™t make it not so
I'm not getting into this.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Congrats on the car! Beautiful and Iā€™m all about buying the newest car that you can get.

When you say the bottom of the bumper, are you meaning the underside of the splitter? If so look at ScrapeArmor and Sliplo.

OP
OP
IainD90

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the car! Beautiful and Iā€™m all about buying the newest car that you can get.

When you say the bottom of the bumper, are you meaning the underside of the splitter? If so look at ScrapeArmor and Sliplo.
Thanks!

And no - the bottom most painted part I guess you could say. Underneath the bottom grille and above the splitter. It's a small area that could easily be refinished especially with a colour like shadow black

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Thanks!

And no - the bottom most painted part I guess you could say. Underneath the bottom grille and above the splitter. It's a small area that could easily be refinished especially with a colour like shadow black
Got it. Iā€™m amazed the previous owner didnā€™t have the slightest bit of paint protect installed before driving 5k. Especially with a black car.
Sponsored