Sponsored

Trading my '15 GT for a slightly used '18 350R

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
I was planning on getting a new Corvette Z06, but a dealer near me just got a '18 GT350R with only 780 miles on it. I made the mistake of taking the R for a test drive and I pretty much fell in love with it. The asking price of 67k seems reasonable to me so I pulled the trigger on the car and will likely finalize everything tomorrow. I did a search online for used R's and found quite a few with even more miles with a higher asking price. The car looks great except for some curb rash on 3 of the wheels. The interior and exterior paint is flawless, there's even a clear bra installed. Is there a way I can find out if this car has low miles due to an engine replacement?

287kn85.jpg

curb rash
2i084kk.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
All things considered, I think it's a good deal. Congrats on the new R!

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Dude those wheels are curb rashed, the tire is also torn... I sure hope for 67K they're throwng in a new set of wheels and tires.....

You can find new models for not much more than that FYI if you want to search a little. Then you can get the color/options you want, new wheels and tires, and you know how it was used :)

OP
OP
moto vudu

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
Dude those wheels are curb rashed, the tire is also torn... I sure hope for 67K they're throwng in a new set of wheels and tires.....

You can find new models for not much more than that FYI if you want to search a little. Then you can get the color/options you want, new wheels and tires, and you know how it was used :)
They aren't going to replace the CF wheels. The original owner must of been somewhat careless when it came to watching out for curbs because he manged to get some curb rash on 3 wheels, but the pic I posted was the worst rash. I'm really not too concerned about the gash in the tire since I wont get much mileage out of them anyway. So it really just comes down to if I can live with the curb rash and take the car home for 67k. They're giving me a fair price for my '15 GT trade in.

I did a search for new R's and haven't yet found one in that color combo for a similar price.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I really do not want to know how an owner that curbed 3 wheels in 800 miles really treated the car overall. I would personally demand a hefty discount for this (plus that tire in that picture has sidewall damage that most likely will need replacement).

OP
OP
moto vudu

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
I really do not want to know how an owner that curbed 3 wheels in 800 miles really treated the car overall. I would personally demand a hefty discount for this (plus that tire in that picture has sidewall damage that most likely will need replacement).
I also had the same concerns about the rest of the car so I spent a lot of time searching it for more signs of damage, but like I said the paint and interior still look flawless. The dealer originally wanted $69k, but knocked off $2k when I pointed out the curb rash and the gash on the tire.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
A good wheel repair guy can probably take care of fixing the wheels up fine. But does that tire look consistent with the mileage? That thing looks worn down but maybe it's the picture and then I have a standard 350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Seems like a great deal! Congrats!

Some slight cosmetic damage here and there is to be expected. That R will be worth it, though.

I'm jealous. Terrific find.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR

I 100% agree. I would say dont just jump at this opportunity because its right in front of you especially if the dealer isnt willing to fix the wheels/tires. You can do better with a little more patience in your search. I even have a buddy of mine with 2-17 Rs for sale with 1800 miles on them in the $69K range. 1 black with black stripes and 1 white with blue stripes. I am sure he would be willing to come down on price as well. I am in South FL fyi. If you would like more details, PM me,.

Sponsored
OP
OP
moto vudu

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
I 100% agree. I would say dont just jump at this opportunity because its right in front of you especially if the dealer isnt willing to fix the wheels/tires. You can do better with a little more patience in your search. I even have a buddy of mine with 2-17 Rs for sale with 1800 miles on them in the $69K range. 1 black with black stripes and 1 white with blue stripes. I am sure he would be willing to come down on price as well. I am in South FL fyi. If you would like more details, PM me,.
Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to look at the deal logically to see if it makes sense and not just jump on it because it's in front of me. Lets say the person you know in FL with two '17 Rs would agree to sell me one at ~$67k. I would need to get it shipped to the west coast which would run me ~$2,400. I also would then need to sell my '15 GT privately and deal with that hassle. So I really wouldn't be saving any money going with your contact and I would be getting a '17 R with double the mileage and 1 year less warranty remaining to avoid taking the R I'm looking at locally with some cosmetic damage to the wheels. The other local dealers here are still asking for high 70s - low 80s for their new 350Rs. It seems to me that $67k for the R I'm looking at is a good deal even with the curb rash. I know curb rash on CF wheels would be an instant deal breaker for some, but it just hasn't made me want to pull out of this deal yet. I mean, the curb rash sucks for sure but it's just cosmetic and did nothing to take away from the driving experience I had while test driving it. There's also a chance I might be able to get some sort of minor repair... maybe paint over the rash to make it a little less noticeable?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Me personally, I'd pass on it. To much unknown. This thing got traded in very early for a reason. I see a headache and you cursing the dealership and Ford in the future. Find an R deal. They're out there. If you can't find an R deal then your GT to an "regular" 350 isn't too shabby of a trade off either and you'll save some $$$. That's where I'd be if I couldn't find and R deal.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to look at the deal logically to see if it makes sense and not just jump on it because it's in front of me. Lets say the person you know in FL with two '17 Rs would agree to sell me one at ~$67k. I would need to get it shipped to the west coast which would run me ~$2,400. I also would then need to sell my '15 GT privately and deal with that hassle. So I really wouldn't be saving any money going with your contact and I would be getting a '17 R with double the mileage and 1 year less warranty remaining to avoid taking the R I'm looking at locally with some cosmetic damage to the wheels. The other local dealers here are still asking for high 70s - low 80s for their new 350Rs. It seems to me that $67k for the R I'm looking at is a good deal even with the curb rash. I know curb rash on CF wheels would be an instant deal breaker for some, but it just hasn't made me want to pull out of this deal yet. I mean, the curb rash sucks for sure but it's just cosmetic and did nothing to take away from the driving experience I had while test driving it. There's also a chance I might be able to get some sort of minor repair... maybe paint over the rash to make it a little less noticeable?
At the end of the day, you do what makes you happy not what someone else tells you. A lot of people on here provide worthy thoughts/ideas while others do the opposite. You have to filter the nonsense from the sense. Everyone's situation is 100% different from anyone else. If you like the option thats in front of you, then jump all over it and be happy, enjoy and live it up. Life is supposed to be enjoyed, so dont let any outside influences try and ruin that for you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
moto vudu

moto vudu

No Guts - No Glory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50 Yr
Me personally, I'd pass on it. To much unknown. This thing got traded in very early for a reason. I see a headache and you cursing the dealership and Ford in the future. Find an R deal. They're out there. If you can't find an R deal then your GT to an "regular" 350 isn't too shabby of a trade off either and you'll save some $$$. That's where I'd be if I couldn't find and R deal.
From what I've gathered, the original owner traded the 350R and a Raptor for a $100K+ German luxury car. I was told he owns a fairly impressive fleet of vehicles and trades for new cars often. It could be he was having issues with the R or maybe he felt it was too track focused/he wasn't driving it and wanted something else.
Sponsored