bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
While the G8 GT is a nice car, why buy anything Pontiac since they went under? Goodluck finding one in decent shape that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Apparently people want to overcharge for the G8s now that they are discontinued. Same story with the GTO. Parts availability and expense in the future too.

Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Chevy SS
Charger
Focus RS
Focus ST
(new) Camry v6
(new) Accord v6
Used Tesla?
Used Porsche Panamera
Volvo S60 T6(turbo and supercharged)
I was going to mention the Volvo Polestar, but it would have to be used. New ones are $$$.
Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I heard really good things about APR tuned GOLF R's, especially with the DSG transmission. I had a 2013 GTI with the DSG, and honestly I could live with that transmission after driving the manual in the Mustang for the last 2 years.

Or, wait for the 2018 Audi RS3. It is a 5 cylinder turbo, being released to compete with the BMW M2.

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
feel like I'm on Jalopnik's site when someone says, "I want a 4 door sedan that's not boring for under $45k"...my answer all day long----This...oh yes!
ti.jpg
interior.jpg

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
apha TI has 280hp and 306 torque. $42,000 Has 4 doors but is there any leg room behind front seats? :shrug:0-60 5.1

OP
OP

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I just saw one of those. Not a bad looking car but not sure I want drive something called "Guilia" :p

Sponsored

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
Guilia is a play on Romeo and Juliet or the Italian "Guilietta" which was shortened to Guilia when Alfa Romeo came out with larger displacement cars.

I like cars with names like "Mustang" and "Daytona" and "Impala" versus all the damn numbers out there....What's that? A BMW xDrive40e or it's a CLA250....I'd rather say it's a "Guilia" any day.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Except it's a POS Cadillac, will be used and abused most likely, out of warranty and overpriced for a cheap cramped interior. If you want to suggest the used route, go G8 GT with LSA supercharger, at least you will save $20k+ from the V and you have money to fix the shit the previous owner may have fucked up.

OP I made the same decision earlier this year and went with the Scat Pack and have no regrets whatsoever. There are a bunch of members on here that have moved over to a Charger scat pack for various reasons. I did briefly look at the R, and loved it, but ultimately knew I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have a V8.

For me I needed a sedan and it required a V8. SS was too much money and I couldn't bring myself to own another GM after my previous experiences. It drove well with the magnetic ride and the LS3 is a stout engine.

I don't think you can beat the Charger for the value.

This could have been so much easier if Ford brought the Falcon here with the 5.0..
I stopped reading at could have saved 20k...... :crazy:

Apparently you need to go look at what used 2nd Gen CTSV coupe and sedans are going for with even 60k or less miles.

Hint only the wagons command a big price.

Also if OP is concerned about RWD only i can say the nokian tires i put on my Mustang last winter were the best 900 dollars in tires ive ever spent.

Nokians on my Mustang in North Dakota winter was actually a blast to drive in the snow.

Also go take a look at the consumer reviews for the Alfa. They arent too reliable from what ive read about.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I stopped reading at could have saved 20k...... :crazy:

Apparently you need to go look at what used 2nd Gen CTSV coupe and sedans are going for with even 60k or less miles.

Hint only the wagons command a big price.

Also if OP is concerned about RWD only i can say the nokian tires i put on my Mustang last winter were the best 900 dollars in tires ive ever spent.

Nokians on my Mustang in North Dakota winter was actually a blast to drive in the snow.

Also go take a look at the consumer reviews for the Alfa. They arent too reliable from what ive read about.
A G8 GT can be found for $15,000 or less. A V sedan is going average $35k-$40k. Therefore $20k. I'd take the G8 9/10 times. The 1/10 would be for a clean wagon.

Either way best bang for the buck would be a new scat pack Charger under $40k.

OP
OP

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'm heavily leaning towards the scat pack, that car just looks so good.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Second vote for Kia Stinger or maybe the new (gorgeous) Genesis G70. I've been car shopping like a mad man lately and I'm going to get a new G90, which is the S class competitor. Dude. That twin turbo V6 hauls some serious a** and the quality was outstanding, and that's coming from someone whose DD is a brand new loaded lexus. I drove Hyundai and Kia cars for almost 12 years and never once did I have a problem with them, and I drove that poor base model 2004 Elantra stick shift for 130,000 drive-it-like-you-stole-it miles. Plus the Stinger and G70 have 100,000 mile warranties so if you're looking to keep something a while those are good bets.

Just do some reliability research on anything Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Alfa/Fiat. They're rated last for a reason. I let my fiancé talk me into the Jeep Renegade. I'm seriously tempted to take a second job to pay the thing off and use it for target practice. I get mad just riding in the POS, much less driving it. Worst vehicle I've ever driven, aside from a frivolous Smart ForTwo test drive.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm heavily leaning towards the scat pack, that car just looks so good.
If I had to grow up some and was going to stay with a car and four doors with vs a truck. I would get a SCAT Pack Charger.

Unfortunately they are very much so a dime a dozen in the Detroit metro area, specifically around Woodward ave, but they are cool.

Otherwise I think I would just sell the Mustang and K5 and get a 2nd Gen Raptor.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Cadillac CTS V Sport, very fast and handles great, twin turbo. Stock the run 12.8s

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I am going to third the Stinger or G70 call. I am about 90% set on an 18 mustang, but a stinger and G70 will get a test drive before I make the call in the spring. I dont really need a 4 door, but that engine looks great and the interiors on those cars look miles beyond the mustang. Look like the Stinger GT2 will retail at 45000. No idea what pricing will be on the G70. G70 also has 3 years of full free service and they pick the car up at your house. Not bad. I had 3 hyundais in my earlier years, drove all over 100k with nothing but oil changes.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I am going to third the Stinger or G70 call. I am about 90% set on an 18 mustang, but a stinger and G70 will get a test drive before I make the call in the spring. I dont really need a 4 door, but that engine looks great and the interiors on those cars look miles beyond the mustang. Look like the Stinger GT2 will retail at 45000. No idea what pricing will be on the G70. G70 also has 3 years of full free service and they pick the car up at your house. Not bad. I had 3 hyundais in my earlier years, drove all over 100k with nothing but oil changes.
Have you checked out all of the Stinger reviews that have been released on YouTube? Kia lifted the gag order on it a few days ago and several channels like Redline Reviews and SubaruWXRFan (Matt Moran Motoring) absolutely raved about the car. AutoGuide, Motormouth Canada and The StraightPipes all said the same. Listen to the Borla exhaust at 2:09 :D

[ame]