Trading in a 2018 10spd for 2020 6spd

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I've been driving my 15' MT82 for 5 years now. All you guys that blast the shit out of it don't make any sense to me at all. I haven't had any problems with it. Sure, it can be a little notchy at times, but other than that its been fine and I drive the living shit out of my car. Now the stock clutch, shifter and stupid plastic clutch lines, that's another story and I've replaced all of that awhile ago. The MT82 has handled all of my hard driving without breaking so far and I don't see that it will. Now...I'm going FI in a few months so I may find myself in a different situation on whether the MT82 will handle 700rwhp and the RST clutch. To be honest, if it breaks than fuck it....I'll go buy the Ben Callimer Stage 3 MT82 and call it a day. If you ask me if I'll drag race the car at the track, the answer is no. I drive my car on the street and that's where it'll live and eat. To the OP...do what you want. It's your life and money and life's to short to worry about stupid shit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The 10 speed is faster and you would e financially upside down. Why do this ? If you want a Manuel maybe go 2017 and save some $$ given the situation since not a huge diff speed wise with manuals and 2017 -2018s and up
Yeah I’ll look into an older mustang for a manual I’ve never driven a stick car before but I do want to learn

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 royal crimson PP 1 2018 10spd with an Atak catback and steeda lowering springs.
Got the car in October 2018 I own around 28-29k on it. I pay 540 a month and put a decent amount down on it. Has anyone bitten the bullet and traded for a manual? Did you regret it? Thanks
Are you comfortable with throwing away the amount of money that you put down on the car along the payments that you've already made?

I've made that mistake once. Never again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Are you comfortable with throwing away the amount of money that you put down on the car along the payments that you've already made?

I've made that mistake once. Never again.
Nah doing the math and looking at how much I would be wasting it would be bad. I’d rather look into a older mustang. This is the same reason why I didn’t tune or do headers don’t want to void the warranty

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
Love the Royal Crimson ! Unfortunately I couldn't find one optioned the way I wanted. Kona Blue was my second choice.

Buy an old manual Miata and learn on it. Huge aftermarket for the Miata and a great car to learn about handling.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The MT-82 is a POS. I’ll never own another.

Now, if they had a Tremec option, I’d sell my 6R80 car ASAP for one....
Mine shifts smooth as butter w hybrid Barton body mount short shifter

Now it has a slight notch til it’s warmed up. (Spring anyway or winter) but summer baby smooth as butter

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm not crapping on the M6 as my last Roush was a 6 speed and it was fun. Currently have an A10 Roush.

I think making any big purchases these days is like rolling the dice. I think we're in for some bumpy roads for a little while.
And you're DEFINITELY going to be talking about a HUGE monthly payment if you still owe on your present car. Especially that much money. No question about that.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The MT-82 is a POS. I’ll never own another.
Gonna elaborate a little? My MT-82 has been as right as rain. Beautiful transmission. Does everything I ask it do do.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
The royal crimson color might make that more collectible/higher value in a few more years. I was set to buy a new RC 18 but they closed the order banks early in 18 and we couldn't find one in stock the way I wanted it. I was bummed that RC was discoed. Ended up with an orange fury 19 and love it but I still stare at the RC stangs on the rare occasions when I see one.
As already mentioned, if you are new to 3 pedals I would learn on a cheaper vehicle. Don't burn up your new mustang clutch disc!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
1Ys8xcG.gif
What he said
Sponsored