Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The challengers front end is mean. They are pretty sharp. If you're not one that tends to mod challengers/chargers/300 are great. I had a 2008 RT and it was fine until I started tinkering with things. Lowered it and the rest of the suspension deteriated real quick. Exhaust options aren't cheap and wheel combinations are specific only to Dodge.
yeah, I'll just drive it... maybe a few cosmetic mods. Only thing mechanical I might do is stiffer sway bars. It sits tall and has more roll than I like, but I might get used to it.
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be as big an aftermarket for the Challenger as the Mustang and I haven't found a forum for the Challenger that is on par with this one.
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
yeah, I'll just drive it... maybe a few cosmetic mods. Only thing mechanical I might do is stiffer sway bars. It sits tall and has more roll than I like, but I might get used to it.
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be as big an aftermarket for the Challenger as the Mustang and I haven't found a forum for the Challenger that is on par with this one.
You probably won't. The aftermarket is very small for the LX platform. I'm on 2 forums for the Charger and not very active at all. The Mustang community is larger and they will modify their cars which is why more parts are available.

Also congrats on your new car. Love the yellow.

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
After driving it for a week and about 400 miles I have a few more observations on the differences between the cars. Mustang and Challenger are both basically base models so both have cloth seats, the Challenger seats are definitely more comfortable- wider, better lumbar adjuster, just better seats... The Challenger has Sirius XM, dual zone climate control and touch screen standard. The Uconnect is way better and faster than the Sync system in the Mustang which sometimes worked with my phone and sometimes didn't. So, the convenience items are nicer... The Mustang EB gets significantly better gas mileage than the V6 in the Challenger, 29 vs 24 average. The Challenger is also more expensive to insure by about 25% which totally surprised me.
Performance is about the same. The EB has a slight edge if you are using premium gas but a disadvantage on regular 87 since the V6 is designed for 87. I'll probably add a trailer hitch and the Challenger is better suited for that and can take a class 3 hitch without it hardly showing. Ground clearance is a lot better on the Challenger so if you have high rain gutters in your driveway, it will clear without driving in at weird angles like I had to do with the Mustang.
The Mustang still looks better, I think, but the Challenger is growing on me the more I look at it.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I have now sold my GT350. A friend made me an offer I could not refuse. My son picked up the lease payments on the Pitch Black Hellcat and I picked up the below on Tuesday.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Gorgeous bro! :thumbsup:
Love the GoMango color. If I don't like what I see/read about the new GT500 when it comes out, I'm more than likely going to order me a Hellcat Challenger. I want the GoMango as well. Green Go would be my second choice. Either one will be equipped with the black carbon fiber stripes.
:headbang:
Sponsored