Sponsored

Traded the eco premium for a v8

Kjw86ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS
Everyone's situation is so different. I pay 3k a month for my house in Orange County, take multiple vacations a year, and have multiple cars. Guess what..I grew up in Ohio where it was way different and I probably wouldn't be getting paid as much. My dad pays 300 bucks for his house and is broke. No 2 situations are the same. To each their own.
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
$3K for a house? I hope it's a mansion. Wow! But I'm betting it's a nice 4K SF house. I have a modest 2000sf house in a safe neighborhood and an outstanding school district and it's $628 a month plus insurance and tax. Course I put 50% down from making stupid money on my properties in FL. The people who bought my house got foreclosed on. I am still so puzzled why I am struggling so much to buy a crappy V6.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
$3k a month on a home here is usually a 5000-6000-7kish sqft+home on the lake!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Yep, Khyber, and you can live quite well on 3K a month even if you don't buy a GT! I'm not knocking CA, I'm genuinely intrigued what average person's income to debt profiles look like there. Does everyone make 100K a year there?

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
now how did I end up in the "who's on first" investment thread, what happened to the guy with the truck?

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, we went off track here a bit. It's a discussion, not a business meeting, so no harm done. The topic is how sometimes we have to give up what we love for practical reasons, and that's why there is still not a Mustang in my driveway, might never be one. The world does not revolve around a car.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, we went off track here a bit. It's a discussion, not a business meeting, so no harm done. The topic is how sometimes we have to give up what we love for practical reasons, and that's why there is still not a Mustang in my driveway, might never be one. The world does not revolve around a car.
True but sometimes you have to live a little and splurge. Cant go through life always being so strict, look at any muscle car owner, they dont drive the most practical car by any means but its a true passion and its very fulfilling to them, worth every penny. Practicality is great but if you only base decisions according to that, then you might as well stick in your cubicle 24 hours a day 7 days a

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
Hello my mustang brethren...I have a deal on the table to trade my 2015 EB Premium (black, PP and auto transmission) for a 2015 GT (RR, auto, 19" stainless steel wheels, Enhanced Security Package, 3.55 gears and spare tire). MSRP on the GT is: $40,770 and dealer will sell it for $36, 086 (which I still think is too high). I will incur a $2800.00 "hit" on depreciation and my note will increase $136.00, plus I will not obtain the 0% APR for 72 months on the GT, as I did on the Ecoboost. The total cost over a 72 month period (payment only...not including additional insurance and gas costs) is: $9792.00. I realize only I may make the final decision if the additional cost of the GT merits trading the EB. My question to those of you who have traded your EB for the GT is, was the cost worth it to you? Do you have any regrets or do you wish you would have kept the EB for a year, or maybe two, then traded it for a GT? FWIW, financially this isn't an issue for me; thankfully, I earn a nice salary. However, I am not one to want to waste anything, especially hard earned dinero! So...what say ye? Take the hit, trade the EB and enjoy the GT now? Wait for a year (or maybe two for a mid-cycle refresh and trade in for the possibly available automatic transmission PP?) or just stand "pat", do nothing and enjoy the EB I have now, as well as a low payment ($417 for 72 months at 0% APR). Thanks for all of your advice and opinions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Chances are the GT will be worth at least $5k more than an EB in 6 years, so about half the "cost" is something you will get back later.

I struggled with that decision last year, when the GT was going to cost at least $7k more than the EB, plus gas, plus a little insurance (not really much difference there for me.) I went for it, with a little nudge from my wife. It was the right call. I would be regretting not getting the GT, just like you are.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Not knocking California. I've been there, I see the appeal, but jobs pay the same.
Jobs don't even pay the same around CA. LA and SF pay premiums for a lot of jobs versus the Central Valley. There are thousands of people who live in the Valley and commute to the Bay Area (2 hours each way) to get that big paycheck. My guess is SC pays more like they do here in low-cost Idaho. Sure not the same pay structure here as in CA. But it's more than worth it.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Congrats OP on what works best for you. I traded my EB Mustang for a GT and am looking for a 08-12 F150 in a few months. I don't want an EB F150. Either a 5.4 or preferably 5.0. I would never buy a truck new. I don't use a truck enough to consider buying new. I had a 95 S-10 for 7 years and would of kept it but my youngest son needed a vehicle so i gave it to him. I bought the GT Mustang new because i am going to keep it for a very long time and know the history of it since i bought it new and it hasn't been abused or neglected.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
... and to be honest I am seriously contemplating never buying a new car again. It's crazy how willing I was to take on a payment that high for 6 years and not even give it too much thought.
If I buy a new vehicle I get what I want with the goal of keeping it 10 to 15 years. That way, the depreciation really doesn't matter much if you hang on to a vehicle that long. I don't rack up a ton of miles anymore, so for instance I have a 2005 Tacoma with only 45K miles on it. I'll probably keep that Tacoma for another 10~15 years from now since I still really love that truck.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
If I buy a new vehicle I get what I want with the goal of keeping it 10 to 15 years. That way, the depreciation really doesn't matter much if you hang on to a vehicle that long. I don't rack up a ton of miles anymore, so for instance I have a 2005 Tacoma with only 45K miles on it. I'll probably keep that Tacoma for another 10~15 years from now since I still really love that truck.

You can probably keep the Tacoma for another 30 years with regular maintenance. Those tough bastards go on forever.

I'll be keeping my 2015 Mustang until it dies or I die, won't be trading it in even when I need a new car.
Sponsored