Sponsored

Traded my new 17 Mustang GT for a new 17 Mustang GT

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have to admit as a young man I ended up re-buying a number of things. I would decide I just had to have a say a new stereo. I'd figure out the brand I wanted, and try to be reasonable about the model knowing I probably would never need most of the features. Then, usually not very long after, I'd be trying to sell the reasonable model and buying the best one they had.

I lost allot of money and eventually learned the hard way to just save my pennies 'till I could get the one I actually wanted....I totally get you brother :)

Personally, for this type of car I was only interested in a manual. I don't care if the auto is faster, rowing your own (gears) was part of the experience I was buying. Of course no disrespect to those who prefer otherwise - this is a really great community and part of what makes it so cool to me is the variety and ability to make these cars our own!
Lol, I’m 25 and this sounds just like me. I’ve had 11 cars in 9 years and every single one I was convinced would be 1000% better than the previous. I think I’ve learned my lesson, also the hard way, that that is typically not the case.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats OP but no PP?
My guess is trading cars, in less than 1 year, is expensive enough.......;)

These discussions crack me up because people are people and very few think exactly alike. I was not going to have a S550 without a manual or PP (moot point as all PP cars have been manual to date). Zip, Zero, Nada interest in EVER having an automatic Mustang. "Faster" is relative, as Porsche found out when they put only PDK in GT3 cars......they received a ton of negative response from their customer base. Many, myself included, simply enjoy the experience of rowing the gears......certainly doesn't mean myself or my car is "better" than anyone else....:cheers:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I agree with the manual choice but no PP?? That puzzles me as that as the best manual Mustang to me by far.

I couldn't imagine trading a '17 for a '17. Talk about losing $$$ :eyebulge:

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I traded a seven month old 2014 GT Premium with an automatic for a 2015 Premium GT with a manual...3.15 gears in the auto vs. 3.55 was a big part of the new car feeling faster, plus the manual is a different experience...
I feel like I owned 2 drastically different Mustangs. In late June,I bought a Lightning base EB with 6sp. 6/16 build date. I think I got a great deal as the dealer had 65 on hand and this one had been there the longest-8 months.It was OK but not what thrilled me. It was my 1st Mustang at 66. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and I found a Magnetic '17 GT w/PP with a 6/17 build date that pushed all the right buttons. You simply can't compare the 2 cars. So I traded #1 for #2 and could not be happier. I got a very good deal on it and they gave me what I paid for the EB 3 months ago.This will probably be my last car,so I wanted it to put a smile on my face every time I see it and start it. The EB didn't do that. Not liking the 3.73 gears though-wish I had the 3.55s from the EB.
There are some very good deals out there now.

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
im in same predicament...but not so bad,
15 used GT auto, went and drove a manual CPO 16, and i loved the maual. wtf was i thinking before idk. Only had the car 4 months. I wont trade though. Thats drunk banking decisions. sell this beotch on Craigslist, wouldn't be my first.
Probably wont get the track pack. Dont want the 3.73's and have the ford racing track package in my garage already waiting.

OP, you 100% lost more then 3k. Without a doubt in my mind.
Also factor taxes, delivery paid for BOTH cars. A trade in re-purchase is usually 6k+ swap.

Last edited:

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was in a similar situation. I only had my EB 10 months before I traded it in on the Challenger.
Not getting a GT or Challenger in the first place was a mistake.
Oh well, it's only money and money comes and goes. Better to have a car you're in love with than trying to suck it up and like a car that you simply don't.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I was in a similar situation. I only had my EB 10 months before I traded it in on the Challenger.
Not getting a GT or Challenger in the first place was a mistake.
Oh well, it's only money and money comes and goes. Better to have a car you're in love with than trying to suck it up and like a car that you simply don't.
yeah hows that challenger?
my only beef with those cars is in the corners. Otherwise they look awesome

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yeah hows that challenger?
my only beef with those cars is in the corners. Otherwise they look awesome
I love it. I love the retro muscle car look and feel. I LOVE being back in a V8. The extra interior space makes it comfortable for my wife and daughter to ride with me.
It's not the fastest muscle car out there, but it's certainly not slow (it pushes me back in the seat better than the EB did at WOT) and like with any performance car I can add power with aftermarket parts.
I can't cross a parking lot without looking back and smiling 3, 4, 5 times. It's the perfect car for me (though a GT would have been great, too).

I've got a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back and it just makes the Hemi sound sick. I hardly roll my windows up anymore. :D

I don't mean to dis the EB Mustang. It was a pretty nice car and I liked it. It was a 201A Premium with 20" Foundry wheels. I just was never able to fall in love with the turbo 4. I wanted to, but I couldn't.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I love it. I love the retro muscle car look and feel. I LOVE being back in a V8. The extra interior space makes it comfortable for my wife and daughter to ride with me.
It's not the fastest muscle car out there, but it's certainly not slow (it pushes me back in the seat better than the EB did at WOT) and like with any performance car I can add power with aftermarket parts.
I can't cross a parking lot without looking back and smiling 3, 4, 5 times. It's the perfect car for me (though a GT would have been great, too).

I've got a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back and it just makes the Hemi sound sick. I hardly roll my windows up anymore. :D

I don't mean to dis the EB Mustang. It was a pretty nice car and I liked it. It was a 201A Premium with 20" Foundry wheels. I just was never able to fall in love with the turbo 4. I wanted to, but I couldn't.

Understandable. I was talking to a dealer the other day and he said they get tons of trades from ecoboost to GT's. Im really liking the challengers which i previously thought I wouldnt, but these mustangs are noisy and vibrate on the highway out of the ones I tested...dont know if i want that again. Gunna have to go drive it

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Understandable. I was talking to a dealer the other day and he said they get tons of trades from ecoboost to GT's. Im really liking the challengers which i previously thought I wouldnt, but these mustangs are noisy and vibrate on the highway out of the ones I tested...dont know if i want that again. Gunna have to go drive it
The whole ecoboom issue, overblown or not, certainly isn't helping the EB's reputation.

I don't know if the Challenger is a better built car than the Mustang...it is a Dodge, after all. You might be disappointed there. But hey, go drive one, see what you think.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=30862]Chaos_Agent[/MENTION] your money your satisfaction. If we can't be happy in this world, why exist. You ride that clutch pedal as much as you want. Congrats on the upgrade. BTW, Ruby red is my favorite color. If I switch to a Raptor, that's my choice of color.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Don't feel too bad, OP. You made the same mistakes that thousands of people make every single year, settling in one way or another and not buying what you actually want the first time. This is very common for people who buy the Ecoboost/V6 and/or the automatic transmission.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The whole ecoboom issue, overblown or not, certainly isn't helping the EB's reputation.

I don't know if the Challenger is a better built car than the Mustang...it is a Dodge, after all. You might be disappointed there. But hey, go drive one, see what you think.
What issue is that? I've not heard of it.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP

Another difference is the extended warranty is $211 MORE on the EB than GT w/PP. My guess is because of the turbo. It was a nice $211 surprise when I traded it in.
Sponsored