Sponsored

Traded my GT in. Thanks for everything 6G

Sound_SS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Trailblazer SS
Are you talking about the Ford Edge, who's profits go to an American based company? lol

You're really going to be surprised when you realize Ford is headquartered in Dearborn, MI. while Acura is in Minato, Tokyo.
It's "whose", not "who's"

I like a car that provides jobs for my fellow Americans. And nothing screams America like "assembled in Canada"!
I'm sure Mark fields and the Canadian labor force sure appreciate your loyal support
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Glad the OP got what he wanted but keep in mind, he OWED 28k, he did not pay 28k for a PP. My guess is he put a good bit down. No dealer is selling GT PP's at 28k, NONE. So, the OP did not gain any money. in fact, with only a few months under his belt I'll bet he lost big time. Just because he paid what was owed on the car does not mean he got a good deal.

I only owed 42k on my 15 C7. I traded it for 55k, on paper it looks like I made 13k but I put 15k down and made 16 payments. Not to mention all the mods which netted me zero. Car dealers always win on a trade.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Glad the OP got what he wanted but keep in mind, he OWED 28k, he did not pay 28k for a PP. My guess is he put a good bit down. No dealer is selling GT PP's at 28k, NONE. So, the OP did not gain any money. in fact, with only a few months under his belt I'll bet he lost big time. Just because he paid what was owed on the car does not mean he got a good deal.

I only owed 42k on my 15 C7. I traded it for 55k, on paper it looks like I made 13k but I put 15k down and made 16 payments. Not to mention all the mods which netted me zero. Car dealers always win on a trade.
Dealers do always win on a trade but some deals are definitely better than others. I was offered $4k more at a dealer for my trade vs another dealer 10 miles a way. The deal on the new car was the same...

I had paid a little over 29.5K OTD with $0 down/0%72 months for a base GT and traded 4 months later getting $29.5K for it. I owed $27800, so technically lost 4 payments.
I think base models do better in this situation.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
It's "whose", not "who's"

I like a car that provides jobs for my fellow Americans. And nothing screams America like "assembled in Canada"!
I'm sure Mark fields and the Canadian labor force sure appreciate your loyal support
Thank you for a rather meaningless and generally irrelevant correction. You display excellence in distraction from pertinent issues.

I like a car company that provides jobs, along with everything else that goes with it, not forgetting for a moment that Ford has been a world changing enterprise since it went into business 113 years ago.

I'm sure Jon Ikeda of Acura, a company recognized by anyone of sound mind as infantile by comparison (1986) would be proud of your direct support of Minato, Tokyo.

Comparing Ford to Acura is an exercise in futility. My time has been wasted with the ridiculous banter presented to me here, but worry not, it won't happen again.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Dealers do always win on a trade but some deals are definitely better than others ...
They only win if you let them win.

The bottom line is figuring out:

• what the fair value of your trade is
  • what the fair value of the car that you are buying is
  • how much $$ you will be financing after the computation of those first two items
Use Edmunds, KBB, and NADA to get fair values, and then average the three. Plug those figures into this calculator ("Auto Loan"):
http://www.cbai.com/calculator/waterloo.htm

Keep your focus on the "Amount Financed" as a barometer of what kind of deal you're getting. If the dealer will not meet/come close to that figure, walk out.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
The new family wagon looks nice!
Said nobody ever.....:lol:[/QUOTE]

:clap2:

Lehigh Acura is on my way to work. I'll have to look for it up on the ramps. Good luck with the new vee-hickle.

-Emt1581

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Test drove the SS a few months ago. Chevy dealers are having a hard time selling those. Reminded me of when GTOs were in the lot. Due to the simple look, no one wants them. The salesman was ready to take off a huge amount from the asking price. Not my cup of tea really.
I'm hoping that history doesn't repeat itself . . .

Yeah I remember when I had a 350Z and ended up dumping it for a large mid-price range sedan. I still regret it.
Going from your second fun car (that I know of) plus one or two Toyota sedans (not sure which) to a two-suv household, I'm not the least bit convinced that it won't, and it'll cost you $ to correct that when it does.

I have no brand loyalty. I follow the $ and need. :cheers:
Nor I. When I was about your age, we need a bigger car than the little Ford that'd been an absolute hoot to drive and modify. Kept it because we could (it'd been paid off for some time), and added a Chevy Malibu that could well be considered 1979's forerunner to today's SS. Never regretted it.

What did the SS actually feel like to drive? If it drives nicely enough to actually be fun, it'll allow you to overlook perceived aesthetic shortcomings. You'll know what you have, as will knowledgeable car people. Opinions of those who don't, don't matter.

Norm

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
A family wagon. Wife and I are expecting a 2nd child. Must provide the safe and comfortable traveling to the wife and kids.
There's a child seat in the back for my son. He's young enough to fit fine back there. I suppose if we had another kid, I'd just slap a second car seat back there and be done with it. I like the car. The kids can deal.

My wife wanted me to buy a "cherry red" Mustang convertible in automatic. She likes the verts. So I bought a blue Mustang fastback in stick, and now she can never drive it. Suits me well enough.

Still, enjoy the new car, man. Acuras are kind of boring to drive, IMHO, but they are reliable and luxurious enough. It's like riding on a cloud. And it'll probably go forever. So there's that.

Take care!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
There's a child seat in the back for my son. He's young enough to fit fine back there. I suppose if we had another kid, I'd just slap a second car seat back there and be done with it. I like the car. The kids can deal.

My wife wanted me to buy a "cherry red" Mustang convertible in automatic. She likes the verts. So I bought a blue Mustang fastback in stick, and now she can never drive it. Suits me well enough.
Hahahahaha rofl best response ever

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX

So since you brought it up. The whole purpose of me having the GT was to enjoy it while I knew I could. I also knew I was going to let it go before it was paid off. Timing was the key in all this. I considered it as a rental. Until this day, I have never put any money down. I have various investment accounts that would make me decent amount of money in return versus me putting it towards a car. I like to rather rent my vehicles and pay a monthly rental fee.

I bought my GT base with 0 down and tax rolled in for $32,510 OTD with 0% apr for 72 months last September (labor day sale). I was paying $451 a month and paid about 10 months into it. Dealer offered me 28500 as a trade and I personally thought it was a great deal so I turned it in. You can say I paid $4510 for the 10 months of ownership, which to me is a great bargain. I had a great time with it and had no problem giving up my 4k to unload the car.

Dealers do always win on a trade but some deals are definitely better than others. I was offered $4k more at a dealer for my trade vs another dealer 10 miles a way. The deal on the new car was the same...

I had paid a little over 29.5K OTD with $0 down/0%72 months for a base GT and traded 4 months later getting $29.5K for it. I owed $27800, so technically lost 4 payments.
I think base models do better in this situation.
It's not a win or lose. It's what makes sense to you at the time of your situation. My neighbor thinks buying a Mustang in general is a bad move because to him Ford is garbage and he trashes Ford every chance he gets. He's a big BMW and Mercedes guy. Am I going to argue with him over this? No, because in his situation he thinks he's winning every time he buys a bmw or Mercedes.

Take it easy guys, arguing about money and cars is pointless. The way someone spends their money is up to them. Dare I bring up the topic of lease vs. financing? HAHAHA! That always gets people excited. :lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping that history doesn't repeat itself . . .

Going from your second fun car (that I know of) plus one or two Toyota sedans (not sure which) to a two-suv household, I'm not the least bit convinced that it won't, and it'll cost you $ to correct that when it does.

Nor I. When I was about your age, we need a bigger car than the little Ford that'd been an absolute hoot to drive and modify. Kept it because we could (it'd been paid off for some time), and added a Chevy Malibu that could well be considered 1979's forerunner to today's SS. Never regretted it.

What did the SS actually feel like to drive? If it drives nicely enough to actually be fun, it'll allow you to overlook perceived aesthetic shortcomings. You'll know what you have, as will knowledgeable car people. Opinions of those who don't, don't matter.

Norm
You sir are on point. The beautiful thing about automobile is that when you enter that regret period in your life about letting go of something with 4 wheels in the past, you can always adventure out and pick up something else. The fun part is hunting for the right vehicle and enjoying ownership of it. Even if you own it for a short period of time then onto the next vehicle. I get extremely bored of driving the same vehicle after 2nd year of ownership. Thank the lord I am financially capable of supporting this very bad habit of mine. At times I think addiction to drugs would have been financially better :D.

SS felt really comfortable. It really is a 4 door Corvette. Imagine a very comfortable C6 4 door Vette. It mentally felt a bit heavy, it could have been that I kept thinking about those 2 extra doors lol. It sounds amazing under WOT yet very nimble and lady like when driven normal. It blends in as a regular unnoticed sedan. The one I test drove had tons of alcantara or suede like material all over. I'm not sure if it's standard or special package. The only major turn off is aesthetic. It is one ugly car lol.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
My Mustang is paid off. So if I ever bother with another car, I'll keep this thing and turn it into a drag car or something else really stupid and possibly life threatening. I don't think I could ever go back to driving a "normal" car exclusively again. Damn thing spoiled me.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
I was extremely surprised at how well these 6th gen Mustangs hold their values. My 2015 GT base with 3500 miles was bought out by a dealer for $28500. Yes I could have milked another few thousands from private party but a) I had a loan of $28k left on it and b)
At least your loan was paid off. That's a great price for a base. I have a 15 Prem GT with 10K miles and they I was offered $29-31K from 3 different dealerships.. $29k at the dealership that I bought my car from. :ford:

n813ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was offered 33,000 for my 2015 with 11,000 miles on it. The dealer was trying to make things right with a different deal. It was for a 2016 Camaro. I just couldn't do it as I like the looks of the Mustang better. I am getting fed up though as it has been in the shop every month.

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I was offered 33,000 for my 2015 with 11,000 miles on it. The dealer was trying to make things right with a different deal. It was for a 2016 Camaro. I just couldn't do it as I like the looks of the Mustang better. I am getting fed up though as it has been in the shop every month.
I hope you get your car back soon. The new Camaro doesn't really scream muscle like the Mustang does. Even though the new SS sounds like a beast but the looks are eh. I personally think Mustangs are still the best looking American muscle on the road next to the C7 Vettes.
Sponsored