Sponsored

Traded my GT in. Thanks for everything 6G

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
So you enjoyed your Mustang, but yet when it came time to get a bigger vehicle you bought an overpriced Honda? Why didn't you just trade it for an Edge of Explorer? Both are much nicer than anything the Japanese make, and you keep money in the U.S. instead of sending it overseas.

Never mind the fact that Honda has been having nothing but problems with the new 9 speed, There's been multiple TSBs and they still can't get them to operate properly.
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
OP could've had an SHO!

AWD, 365 hp, plenty of room for a family, and 1 or 2 year old models going for huge amounts off sticker.

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
The back seats of the mustang should fit the new born anyway.
I tried sticking a car seat in the back and it's extremely uncomfortable. I wouldn't ever put two kids there.

I have also had good luck with mustang trade in values.

Are you and your wife sharing one car?

Mife wife and I have a Murano for the family truckster (her primary vehicle) that we take when we all have to travel together.
My mustang is plenty safe for in the event I need to take my car with both kids in the back. I have my cake and eat it too:p
No I am driving the MDX for now and my wife has a Corolla she uses to commute with. She has a 2 hour commute and is on her last year of fellowship. Next year we will either look into another SUV or I might look into a large sedan like LS460.

Congrats on the new Acura those are nice rides. So did you buy the mustang for 28K curious how you made 500 on the deal?
So I owed the bank 28k and on the trade the dealer decided to give me $28,500. So I moved the $500 towards my new lease.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
---------------------------------------------------
New 2016 Ford Taurus SHO

http://www.cioccadealerships.com/VehicleDetails/new-2016-Ford-Taurus-SHO-Quakertown-PA/2786900503

MSRP $47,530
Price $37,384
Savings $10,146
---------------------------------------------------

just saying ...
Either that or the Chevy SS. They have the same exact pricing and savings goin on. I almost bought one but could get over the looks and the seats were too hard IMO. If I had to drive the primary family car, I'd be in a scatpack charger.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
two kids in the back. 3 and 1 in the mustang every day. works like a charm...just say no to being a boring dad with a honda...

lol jk. you'll be back before you know it

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Either that or the Chevy SS. They have the same exact pricing and savings goin on. I almost bought one but could get over the looks and the seats were too hard IMO. If I had to drive the primary family car, I'd be in a scatpack charger.
They're all nice cars ... but only one is a Ford. ;)

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Test drove the SS a few months ago. Chevy dealers are having a hard time selling those. Reminded me of when GTOs were in the lot. Due to the simple look, no one wants them. The salesman was ready to take off a huge amount from the asking price. Not my cup of tea really.

two kids in the back. 3 and 1 in the mustang every day. works like a charm...just say no to being a boring dad with a honda...

lol jk. you'll be back before you know it
Without a doubt i'll be back. It's a matter of time really. Thanks for your help with all the Q and A and stuff.

They're all nice cars ... but only one is a Ford. ;)
I have no brand loyalty. I follow the $ and need. :cheers:

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Im a single dad with two kids and have a mustang. I never understood this idea that if you have a second child you have to get an suv. Me and my brother grew up in a 85 corolla gts in the 80s and early 90s. Thats a tiny car btw.
Anyways good luck with the fam.

hailstate94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
^^ Also wondering what you traded it in for.. I just purchased a 2016 Ruby Red GT PP Premium.. Fully loaded for $45,000 in May and the dealer wont even give me $31,000 for it now.. car only has 500 miles on it...hmm..
Dang man I love your car. Are you already looking to get rid of it?

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Dang man I love your car. Are you already looking to get rid of it?
I highly doubt he's selling his car, if you check out his build page he is obsessed with it. His post is just misleading I think--he's saying his car is only worth that much now. I could be wrong.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... I have no brand loyalty. I follow the $ and need. :cheers:
I have pretty much nothing else but brand loyalty. I follow Ford and Mustangs. :ford:
stitched1.jpg
11.jpg

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Im a single dad with two kids and have a mustang. I never understood this idea that if you have a second child you have to get an suv. Me and my brother grew up in a 85 corolla gts in the 80s and early 90s. Thats a tiny car btw.
Anyways good luck with the fam.
I never argued about Mustang not being able to serve as a daily driver with kids in the back. I also didn't mean to offend anyone that carries their children around in their mustang. I grew up in NYC and my parents didn't have a car, they used the public subway system to travel. Does that mean I will do the same for my kids? Probably not lol.

We do a lot of traveling by car during our vacation. We travel to Canada often and also go out west. It's really uncomfortable to travel such distance with a family and luggage and a very loud exhaust system lol. Besides, during winter time, I was always worried my rear would swing out even when I feathered the throttle. I didn't trust driving my RWD when there was snow on the ground.

I highly respect you for being a single dad and hauling your kids around in a bad ass car. I wish I could have done that. But I just can't seem to bring myself to do it especially when winter hits, I'd be a nervous wreck. Believe me, I wish I could have kept my guard green. It turned head everywhere I went and it always had some college kid come up to me and ask- "what kinda headers you got, damn that's loud". I sure as hell ain't gonna get that in the MDX. Lol.

Sound_SS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Trailblazer SS
So you enjoyed your Mustang, but yet when it came time to get a bigger vehicle you bought an overpriced Honda? Why didn't you just trade it for an Edge of Explorer? Both are much nicer than anything the Japanese make, and you keep money in the U.S. instead of sending it overseas.

Never mind the fact that Honda has been having nothing but problems with the new 9 speed, There's been multiple TSBs and they still can't get them to operate properly.
are you talking about the ford edge that is built in canada? lol

you're really going to be salty when you look up where the mdx is built.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
are you talking about the ford edge that is built in canada? lol

you're really going to be salty when you look up where the mdx is built.
Are you talking about the Ford Edge, who's profits go to an American based company? lol

You're really going to be surprised when you realize Ford is headquartered in Dearborn, MI. while Acura is in Minato, Tokyo.
Sponsored