Sponsored

Traded my GT in. Thanks for everything 6G

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
A family wagon. Wife and I are expecting a 2nd child. Must provide the safe and comfortable traveling to the wife and kids.

2016 MDX SH-AWD. No idea why the pics are sideways. They're straight in my computer.
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4852.JPG
My wife has a 2019 MDX, I think same gen as yours. Very comfy car. When your kids are old enough to ride booster seat, they can and will fit nicely in the back of a mustang (I know as I had two kids). They are much older now but we still have the MDX and the mustang.

Congratulations on the 2nd baby and the MDX.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Test drove the SS a few months ago. Chevy dealers are having a hard time selling those. Reminded me of when GTOs were in the lot. Due to the simple look, no one wants them. The salesman was ready to take off a huge amount from the asking price. Not my cup of tea really.

Without a doubt i'll be back. It's a matter of time really. Thanks for your help with all the Q and A and stuff.

I have no brand loyalty. I follow the $ and need. :cheers:
Well in my area, Yeah I missed the new SS firesales, but the used ones seem to be marked up to more than they were sold for during the GM firesale, which I think is a ripoff now, I guess it is the rareness of a SS sedan and they are no longer in production and Holden is gone so sellers are trying to use that as an excuse to sell it at high value

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My wife has a 2019 MDX, I think same gen as yours. Very comfy car. When your kids are old enough to ride booster seat, they can and will fit nicely in the back of a mustang (I know as I had two kids). They are much older now but we still have the MDX and the mustang.

Congratulations on the 2nd baby and the MDX.
The “baby” is now 4 years old. :facepalm: 🙂:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sammzway,
Sorry to hear you left our ranks. Not a fan of SUVs in general. Hate the height, size, weight, and just about everything about them. Hate that they are people movers yet classified as trucks and the auto manufacturers love it so they can cheat on the CO2 emissions and safety. They have their place but not as my daily driver. My sister-in-law has an RDX and it is a very nice ca... vehicle. Station wagons are cars. SUVs are trucks. They will never call the SUV a station wagon (regardless if it really is one or not) simply because that would ruin the interest and hype.

Too bad you could not work out getting the SUV for your wife and you keep the Mustang!!

For me, when my daughter was born, I soon after got a Scion TC. Two door but at least the seat moved forward. Interior was about the same size as the Mustang. Was easy in that car to get a car seat in and out of the back. Besides, my Wife's RAV4 (which we still have) turned into the family car. We rarely drove my TC. That was , for the most part, my daily driver to work and to bring me to my hobbies and interests. When there were more than 2 of us, we simply took the RAV4.

Last year we traded in the TC due to piston issues for the Mustang. Bad engineering on the 2.4 engine causing ring wear and oil loss. I think if the seat slid forward in the Mustang, it would have been a little easier to have infants and small children put into the back. I will also say that having a hatch, I was able to get a few things into the car through that instead of in the side door.

I am sure I speak for our Mustang brotherhood on Long Island (I am one too), we would all be willing to give you a ride just to keep your Ford juices flowing. The kids will grow up and maybe, just maybe, we will ask you for a ride in yours!

Don't love that SUV too much. Come back when you can...

Respectfully,
Frank

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sammzway,
Sorry to hear you left our ranks. Not a fan of SUVs in general. Hate the height, size, weight, and just about everything about them. Hate that they are people movers yet classified as trucks and the auto manufacturers love it so they can cheat on the CO2 emissions and safety. They have their place but not as my daily driver. My sister-in-law has an RDX and it is a very nice ca... vehicle. Station wagons are cars. SUVs are trucks. They will never call the SUV a station wagon (regardless if it really is one or not) simply because that would ruin the interest and hype.

Too bad you could not work out getting the SUV for your wife and you keep the Mustang!!

For me, when my daughter was born, I soon after got a Scion TC. Two door but at least the seat moved forward. Interior was about the same size as the Mustang. Was easy in that car to get a car seat in and out of the back. Besides, my Wife's RAV4 (which we still have) turned into the family car. We rarely drove my TC. That was , for the most part, my daily driver to work and to bring me to my hobbies and interests. When there were more than 2 of us, we simply took the RAV4.

Last year we traded in the TC due to piston issues for the Mustang. Bad engineering on the 2.4 engine causing ring wear and oil loss. I think if the seat slid forward in the Mustang, it would have been a little easier to have infants and small children put into the back. I will also say that having a hatch, I was able to get a few things into the car through that instead of in the side door.

I am sure I speak for our Mustang brotherhood on Long Island (I am one too), we would all be willing to give you a ride just to keep your Ford juices flowing. The kids will grow up and maybe, just maybe, we will ask you for a ride in yours!

Don't love that SUV too much. Come back when you can...

Respectfully,
Frank
This is like a bad dream. Frank, Sammzway last posted on July 25, 2016.

I love ya brother, but geez, check the dates. :facepalm: :crackup::thumbsup::beer:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Was I asleep THAT long.

Just call me Rumpelstiltskin...

I am going back to sleep.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Whats with folks reviving super old threads lately? Must be falling victim to “related threads teasers”
Sponsored