Traded my GT in. Thanks for everything 6G

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Well guys and gals, my baby was traded in. A few things I would like to say regarding this whole process then i'll say my thank yous and then i'll become a spectator lol.

I was extremely surprised at how well these 6th gen Mustangs hold their values. My 2015 GT base with 3500 miles was bought out by a dealer for $28500. Yes I could have milked another few thousands from private party but a) I had a loan of $28k left on it and b) I hate dealing with craigslist low ballers. I technically made $500 out of this whole deal lol. My car went to Lehigh Acura in PA. If anyone is interested on buying, you'd get hell of a gem because I left the PP wheels with DWS that only has 400 miles on. They're going to put it up on a ramp and showcase it in a few days based on what the manager said. For those of you that are looking to trade your GT, seems like now is the time.

Also, this site has educated me immensely on Mustangs and more importantly wrenching a lot of the mods, aka DIY projects. I had the car for a little short of a year and enjoyed it thoroughly. She served me very well and made my weekends a lot of fun. My first ownership of an actual American muscle and I do plan on returning to the muscle world in a few years.

You guys rock! :cool:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What'd you get for a trade?

Cole Quintin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
^^ Also wondering what you traded it in for.. I just purchased a 2016 Ruby Red GT PP Premium.. Fully loaded for $45,000 in May and the dealer wont even give me $31,000 for it now.. car only has 500 miles on it...hmm..

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A family wagon. Wife and I are expecting a 2nd child. Must provide the safe and comfortable traveling to the wife and kids.

2016 MDX SH-AWD. No idea why the pics are sideways. They're straight in my computer.
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4852.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sammzway

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
^^ Also wondering what you traded it in for.. I just purchased a 2016 Ruby Red GT PP Premium.. Fully loaded for $45,000 in May and the dealer wont even give me $31,000 for it now.. car only has 500 miles on it...hmm..
I would recommend you find a dealer who's willing to honor KBB Instant Cash Offer. What I did was I priced the new vehicle through them first and got them down to what I wanted to pay, then told them i'm trading in the Mustang and only if they honored KBBICO. Worked like a charm.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sounds like you worked a fair deal. I've used the Instant Cash offer on a previous vehicle sale and it was a much easier way of handling the trade in process.

The new family wagon looks nice!

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
A family wagon. Wife and I are expecting a 2nd child. Must provide the safe and comfortable traveling to the wife and kids.

2016 MDX SH-AWD. No idea why the pics are sideways. They're straight in my computer.
I have had a few Acuras over the years, 2004 MDX, 2003 TL Type S and a 2015 TLX. Great family cars, good picks. I really love the new MDX's.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Wait you just bought it in May and now want to get rid of it? Why? Buyers remorse or car didn't live up to expectations?

Reactions: 113

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
The new family wagon looks nice![/QUOTE]

Said nobody ever.....:lol:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The back seats of the mustang should fit the new born anyway.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Just because it can, doesn't mean people want it to.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I have also had good luck with mustang trade in values.

Are you and your wife sharing one car?

Mife wife and I have a Murano for the family truckster (her primary vehicle) that we take when we all have to travel together.
My mustang is plenty safe for in the event I need to take my car with both kids in the back. I have my cake and eat it too:p

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Was 45k MSRP or what you paid for it?

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Well guys and gals, my baby was traded in. A few things I would like to say regarding this whole process then i'll say my thank yous and then i'll become a spectator lol.

I was extremely surprised at how well these 6th gen Mustangs hold their values. My 2015 GT base with 3500 miles was bought out by a dealer for $28500. Yes I could have milked another few thousands from private party but a) I had a loan of $28k left on it and b) I hate dealing with craigslist low ballers. I technically made $500 out of this whole deal lol. My car went to Lehigh Acura in PA. If anyone is interested on buying, you'd get hell of a gem because I left the PP wheels with DWS that only has 400 miles on. They're going to put it up on a ramp and showcase it in a few days based on what the manager said. For those of you that are looking to trade your GT, seems like now is the time.

Also, this site has educated me immensely on Mustangs and more importantly wrenching a lot of the mods, aka DIY projects. I had the car for a little short of a year and enjoyed it thoroughly. She served me very well and made my weekends a lot of fun. My first ownership of an actual American muscle and I do plan on returning to the muscle world in a few years.

You guys rock! :cool:

Congrats on the new Acura those are nice rides. So did you buy the mustang for 28K curious how you made 500 on the deal?
Sponsored